MSNBC's Maddow Defends Olbermann: "We Should Have Keith Back"

Know what should be hated more then crying assholes who do it for money?

Crying assholes who do it for money and power.

I wanna line up Bohner and Beck for a bitch slap.

Twice.
I see hypocrites! I have that special talent, too!

Boehner and Boehner liker! otherwise called McConnell! big liars, big hypocrites, big dummies!

I defend Juan Williams on the basic principle that he should be totally free to speak honestly about how he reacts to certain stimuli. To punish him for expressing his true feelings and thoughts is to punish the thoughts and feelings. It's ridiculous. It's liberal PC gone off the deep end.

I defend Olbertwat on different grounds. He did nothing except contribute to the political campaigns of those whose politics he supports. That is pure free political speech. Punishing him for exercising his free speech is absurd. The claim that his exercise of free speech violated company policy is also absurd. The guy is not a news reporter. He's not an actual journalist. Nobody with a functioning brain believes he is anything BUT a commentator and an infotainer. As a commentator, nobody doubted that he was an uber liberal. So is anybody surprised (and does anybody care?) that a devout lib contributes to the political campaigns of his fellow travelers? Of course not.

Company policy at a NEWS organization is, by logic, properly limited to JOURNALISTS. Is the cameraman not free to contribute to the political candidates and causes of his/her choice? Come on.

You can argue the policy is bad. But that is their policy. Olberdooshbag knew and it and chose to violate the policy.
I am still waiting to hear what policy Williams violated that resulted in his termination.

OK, so now you admit you don't know the terms of Williams' employment.

I defend Juan Williams on the basic principle that he should be totally free to speak honestly about how he reacts to certain stimuli. To punish him for expressing his true feelings and thoughts is to punish the thoughts and feelings. It's ridiculous. It's liberal PC gone off the deep end.

I defend Olbertwat on different grounds. He did nothing except contribute to the political campaigns of those whose politics he supports. That is pure free political speech. Punishing him for exercising his free speech is absurd. The claim that his exercise of free speech violated company policy is also absurd. The guy is not a news reporter. He's not an actual journalist. Nobody with a functioning brain believes he is anything BUT a commentator and an infotainer. As a commentator, nobody doubted that he was an uber liberal. So is anybody surprised (and does anybody care?) that a devout lib contributes to the political campaigns of his fellow travelers? Of course not.

Company policy at a NEWS organization is, by logic, properly limited to JOURNALISTS. Is the cameraman not free to contribute to the political candidates and causes of his/her choice? Come on.

You can argue the policy is bad. But that is their policy. Olberdooshbag knew and it and chose to violate the policy.
I am still waiting to hear what policy Williams violated that resulted in his termination.

what is your obsession with Williams in EVERY Olbermann thread, sheeesh:cuckoo:

I do not know the terms of the "policy."

but if the "policy" prohibits NEWSMEN at MSLSD (or plain old NBC) from contributions to political causes or politicians' campaigns, I still don't see how it applies to Olberdork.

Is Olberdork a NEWSMAN? Not hardly.

And if the "policy" applies to non-NEWSMEN, then the "policy" is ridiculous. In that case, yes, it IS the policy to which I would be taking exception.

what is your obsession with Williams in EVERY Olbermann thread, sheeesh:cuckoo:

Oh, was pointing out hypocrisy banned while I was asleep overnight?

lol

In all seriousness, whats so pathetic about Maddows statement is, that she truly really does believes it.....she and her compatriots occupy some moral and existential high ground where in Fox news is political and promotes ‘their views’ from their side in broadcasts etc. but she, she and her ilk float above it, occupying some ethereal plain where they alone can perfectly compartmentalize their political views keeping them separate and are objective...... I don't know any reasonable person who watches fox or likes them that believes they don't practice their own brand of subjectivity..and if so, they are guilty of same.

In short her shit doesn’t stink but everyone else’s does...sorry for being vulgar, but that’s it in a nutshell. That’s an arrogance and noxious pretentiousness not often seen. Its also speaks to a deep seated neurosis bordering on psychotic disorder.

Are you as delusional as Maddow? Please cite any term that Williams violated that led to his firing.

I learned alot about several posters in this thread. My opinions of several have changed.

We need more people willing to do like PC and liability have done here in the posts I've repped/thanked.

You two have shown yourselves to be better persons than I thought.

Several of the lefties here in this thread disgust me

pooe steffie...

hypocrisy at its finest.

:cuckoo:

I don't understand what ANYBODY can have to say about this. I don't know how this can be slanted or argued against or put into liberal/conservative.

The fact is, MSNBC has a rule that doesn't allow employees to contribute to politicians financially. Keith broke it, he is being penalized, and it is open and public. There is no deception. There is no exception. There is no hypocrisy.

Fox news has no such rule, and several of their news correspondants give to politicians on the right, effectively making Fox a propagandist station for the right wing movement.

How you can one argue with ANY Of the above? You're refusal to accept truth is the only explanation.

Conservatives complain about the media, yet it is their news channel, Fox, that is slanted. Msnbc is leftist because it is the JOB OF THE MEDIA TO BE AGAINST THE ESTABLISHMENT, OTHERWISE IT IS PROPOGANDIST.

pooe steffie...

hypocrisy at its finest.

:cuckoo:

I don't understand what ANYBODY can have to say about this. I don't know how this can be slanted or argued against or put into liberal/conservative.

The fact is, MSNBC has a rule that doesn't allow employees to contribute to politicians financially. Keith broke it, he is being penalized, and it is open and public. There is no deception. There is no exception. There is no hypocrisy.

Fox news has no such rule, and several of their news correspondants give to politicians on the right, effectively making Fox a propagandist station for the right wing movement.

How you can one argue with ANY Of the above? You're refusal to accept truth is the only explanation.

Conservatives complain about the media, yet it is their news channel, Fox, that is slanted. Msnbc is leftist because it is the JOB OF THE MEDIA TO BE AGAINST THE ESTABLISHMENT, OTHERWISE IT IS PROPOGANDIST.

Fail. The job of journalists is to provide the facts. Otherwise they are propagandists, be it be for or against the state.

Although, as Minister of Agitprop, I applaud the propaganda that declares anything not your propaganda to be propaganda while only your propaganda is not propaganda.

Nice try, but you need to work on the execution.

Last edited:
pooe steffie...

hypocrisy at its finest.

:cuckoo
:

Fail. The job of journalists is to provide the facts. Otherwise they are propagandists, be it be for or against the state.

Although, as Minister of Agitprop, I applaud the propaganda that declares anything not your propaganda to be propaganda while only your propaganda is not propaganda.

Nice try, but you need to work on the execution.

please fix your post to show that only the bolded part is my comment.

thanks.

You'll have to give them a few minutes to decipher that one.

Verbal 3 card monte gets people who are swayed by propaganda easily confused.

elvis said:
Hi, you have received -196 reputation points from elvis.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
yawn

Regards,
elvis

Note: This is an automated message.

:lol:

negged for saying journalists should provide the facts?

:lol:
i dont understand that either

Olbermann should not have to ask for permission to do a constitutionally protected right
if they wanted disclosure of exercising that right, so be it
to suspend or fire anyone for that is totally stupid

Forum List

Back