MSNBC's Maddow Defends Olbermann: "We Should Have Keith Back"

No, people like you CLAIMED that Juan Williams didn't violate his contract, which none of you ever saw.

The only reason to defend one here and not the other is partisan hypocrisy.

No, actually the reason is that one was right and one was wrong. The only partisan hypocrisy comes from you.

You can't prove one was right and one was wrong so as usual you are spewing baseless drivel.

And my position is the same on both guys so I can't possibly be hypocritical.

Of course you can. And are.
Olberdooshbag violated clear company policy. It clearly could not be motivated by disagreement with what he says on air.
Williams violated no policy. Clearly his axing was politically motivated.

olbermann broke company policy
williams said something "politically incorrect"
[/endargument]

No, actually the reason is that one was right and one was wrong. The only partisan hypocrisy comes from you.

You can't prove one was right and one was wrong so as usual you are spewing baseless drivel.

And my position is the same on both guys so I can't possibly be hypocritical.

Of course you can. And are.
Olberdooshbag violated clear company policy. It clearly could not be motivated by disagreement with what he says on air.
Williams violated no policy. Clearly his axing was politically motivated.

Since you've never seen Williams' actual terms of employment there is no way you can know whether he violated 'policy'.

Last edited:
I defend Juan Williams on the basic principle that he should be totally free to speak honestly about how he reacts to certain stimuli. To punish him for expressing his true feelings and thoughts is to punish the thoughts and feelings. It's ridiculous. It's liberal PC gone off the deep end.

I defend Olbertwat on different grounds. He did nothing except contribute to the political campaigns of those whose politics he supports. That is pure free political speech. Punishing him for exercising his free speech is absurd. The claim that his exercise of free speech violated company policy is also absurd. The guy is not a news reporter. He's not an actual journalist. Nobody with a functioning brain believes he is anything BUT a commentator and an infotainer. As a commentator, nobody doubted that he was an uber liberal. So is anybody surprised (and does anybody care?) that a devout lib contributes to the political campaigns of his fellow travelers? Of course not.

Company policy at a NEWS organization is, by logic, properly limited to JOURNALISTS. Is the cameraman not free to contribute to the political candidates and causes of his/her choice? Come on.

I defend Juan Williams on the basic principle that he should be totally free to speak honestly about how he reacts to certain stimuli. To punish him for expressing his true feelings and thoughts is to punish the thoughts and feelings. It's ridiculous. It's liberal PC gone off the deep end.

I defend Olbertwat on different grounds. He did nothing except contribute to the political campaigns of those whose politics he supports. That is pure free political speech. Punishing him for exercising his free speech is absurd. The claim that his exercise of free speech violated company policy is also absurd. The guy is not a news reporter. He's not an actual journalist. Nobody with a functioning brain believes he is anything BUT a commentator and an infotainer. As a commentator, nobody doubted that he was an uber liberal. So is anybody surprised (and does anybody care?) that a devout lib contributes to the political campaigns of his fellow travelers? Of course not.

Company policy at a NEWS organization is, by logic, properly limited to JOURNALISTS. Is the cameraman not free to contribute to the political candidates and causes of his/her choice? Come on.

You can argue the policy is bad. But that is their policy. Olberdooshbag knew and it and chose to violate the policy.
I am still waiting to hear what policy Williams violated that resulted in his termination.

I bet she didn't have to clean up his pee...:lol:

hahahahahahaha...:lol::cuckoo:

video and comments here.
RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC's Maddow Defends Olbermann: "We Should Have Keith Back"

"Keith is a liberal, so am I. There are other people on this network whose political views are shared openly with our viewers. We are not a political operation. FOX is. We are a news operation. The rules around here are part how you know. Keith Olbermann attracted the ire of the right-wing and raged against what he saw as the errors and sins of the previous administration. Keith was also the one who brought to light FOX News' water-carrying role for the Bush administration," Rachel Maddow said in defense of her MSNBC colleague on her show Friday night.

hey, steffie....

tissue??

tissues.jpg

na you keep them, I'm sure you've stocked on them after Tuesday.:lol:
I love your moniker, where can I get a copy for my Obama alter.

"Keith is a liberal, so am I. There are other people on this network whose political views are shared openly with our viewers. We are not a political operation. FOX is. We are a news operation. The rules around here are part how you know. Keith Olbermann attracted the ire of the right-wing and raged against what he saw as the errors and sins of the previous administration. Keith was also the one who brought to light FOX News' water-carrying role for the Bush administration," Rachel Maddow said in defense of her MSNBC colleague on her show Friday night.
She want's Keef back only because now she has the lowest rated show.
Well, the supply of educated people in the USA is limited and they are usually busy doing other things and don't have time to watch TV!

hahahahahahaha...:lol::cuckoo:

video and comments here.
RealClearPolitics - Video - MSNBC's Maddow Defends Olbermann: "We Should Have Keith Back"

What a liar.

They are as much a political operation as Fox.
I believe they all have become that way! It is all about ratings and nothing about the NEWS! It is mostly opinions, then it comes down to whose opinions you value and which are based on truth and facts.

I think MSNBC will go logical and conservative.. that's where the ratings and money are...
Fox is logical? Have you ever seen Beck at the chalk board? Can you seriously say that is based on logic? It seems very visceral and emotional to me, with very little logic. Stossel is the one who comes close to being logical, is he on Fox, I don't watch TV new that much, but I did catch one of his interviews and was impressed, he seemed fair, in this one instance.

And I bet you look like a movie star, it is people who make judgment calls on others looks that are usually projecting! Are you hiding something from the world and this is what causes you to be cruel? I never knew your hero to be cruel, it is too bad people don't learn from him.

Does she realize how hypocritical she is being here?
She contradicts herself on multiple levels.

One one hand - "I understand the rule, and everyone should be treated the same"
The other hand - "Keith should be on the morning show today" (one day after suspension - where only special treatment would allow this return).
One one hand - "Fox has no rule and they have donations etc. etc. etc. (insinuating NBC is of a higher class of journalism)
The other hand "Keith should be on the morning show today" (of course meaning they also would have no rule if Keith was not suspended)
One one hand - spent 4 minutes on a diatribe about how Fox News is biased.
The other hand "I am a liberal, and so are my colleagues here"...
I see hypocrites! Is that like seeing dead people? What a talent!

Forum List

Back