MSNBC's Ed Shultz: On Air Calls Radio Host Laura Ingraham A 'Right-Wing Slut'

Text of Ed Schultz's apology:
"On my radio show yesterday, I used vile and inappropriate language when talking about talk show host Laura Ingraham. I am deeply sorry, and I apologize. It was wrong, uncalled for and I recognize the severity of what I said. I apologize to you, Laura and ask for your forgiveness. It doesn't matter what the circumstances were. It doesn't matter that it was on radio and I was ad libbing. none of that matters. none of that matters. What matters is what I said was terribly vile and not of the standards that I or any other person should adhere to. I want all of you to know tonight that I did call Laura Ingraham today and did not make contact with her and I will apologize to her as i did in the message that I left her today. I also met with management here at MSNBC, and understanding the severity of the situation and what I said on the radio and how it reflected terribly on this company, I have offered to take myself off the air for an indefinite period of time with no pay. I want to apologize to Laura Ingraham. I want to apologize to my family, my wife. I have embarrassed my family. I have embarrassed this company. And I have been in this business since 1978, and I have made a lot of mistakes. This is the lowest of low for me. I stand before you tonight in front of this camera in this studio in an environment that I absolutely love. I love working here. I love communicating with all of you on the radio and the communication that I have with you when i go out and do town hall meetings and meet the people that actually watch. I std before you tonight to take full responsibility for what I said and how I said it, and I am deeply sorry," Schultz said on his MSNBC show this evening.
He's a disgusting, vile person, but at least he owns it. :clap2:

Has Limbaugh ever apologized?

has he ever called someone a slut?

No, in fact, he called our President a cute and sweet name, "Barrack the Magic Negro".

Obama is a negro

Ne·gro   
[nee-groh] Show IPA
noun, plural -groes, adjective
–noun
Anthropology . a member of the peoples traditionally classified as the Negro race, especially those who originate in sub-Saharan Africa: no longer in technical use.
–adjective
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, generally marked by brown to black skin pigmentation, dark eyes, and woolly or crisp hair and including especially the indigenous peoples of Africa south of the Sahara.
being a member of the black peoples of humankind, especially those who originate in sub-Saharan Africa.

And if you recall, The Rollingstone put him on the cover with a golden halo around him.

No, in fact, he called our President a cute and sweet name, "Barrack the Magic Negro".

Obama is a negro

Ne·gro   
[nee-groh] Show IPA
–noun
Anthropology . a member of the peoples traditionally classified as the Negro race, especially those who originate in sub-Saharan Africa: no longer in technical use.
–adjective
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, generally marked by brown to black skin pigmentation, dark eyes, and woolly or crisp hair and including especially the indigenous peoples of Africa south of the Sahara.
being a member of the black peoples of humankind, especially those who originate in sub-Saharan Africa.

And if you recall, The Rollingstone put him on the cover with a golden halo around him.

But he was saying it in such a way that it was meant to have a negative connotation. Do you walk around and call people by their races? Even if there was no foul intention behind it, it's just not something you do. You would come off as extremely racist if you did.

IE "Excuse me Mexican, but . . . "

I know you blindly stumbled into this, but you are actually correct.

Yeaaaah.. verrrrry correct:

[youtube]udA-j4J2vIo[/youtube]​

What a piece of shit.

BTW - The "slut" comment was wayyyy out of line. What he was saying was spot-on, but stooping to the level of Limbaugh, Beck, and the like.. was wrong.
When has Beck or Linbaugh called a woman personality a slut or c*nt on the air?
Yeah, it is OK to call a woman a Nazi like your MessiahRushie does!!
If only Shultz had called her a Nazi then everything would be CON$ervatively Correct.

Obama is a negro

Ne·gro   
[nee-groh] Show IPA
–noun
–adjective

But is he magic?

Eh?

Got you on that.

That was the LA times. He was quoting them you.

You going to apologize for lying about Rush?
CON$ can RATIONALIZE anything.

May 2, 2007
RUSH: I am not holding Obama up as an object of abuse.

October 9, 2008
RUSH: I call Obama a squirrel. What's a squirrel? Nothing but a rat with better PR.

October 15, 2008
RUSH: What sharply personal attacks? All they are is people telling the truth about the little squirrel. What personal attacks? "Well, see, Rush, there you go, that's a personal attack right there." No, no, no, no. Not a personal attack

News Busted
ED SCHULTZ, HOST: "I tell you what, if I lived in Massachusetts, I'd try to vote ten times. I don't know if they'd let me or not, but I'd try to. Yeah, that's right, I'd cheat to keep these bastards out. I would. Cause that's exactly what they are."

Interesting that this occurred the same day MSNBC's Chris Matthews said he was concerned there weren't any left-leaning votes for Democrats to buy in Massachusetts Tuesday.

The good folks at General Electric and NBC must be thrilled to know that two of their on-air personalities are so biased in their political views that they publicly advocate cheating for their Party to be victorious.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULMdDA37Zq4&feature=player_embedded"]Ed Can't Understand Why He Has No Listeners![/ame]

New York Post
Ed Schultz had a meltdown, shouting at staff, "I'm going to torch this fucking place."

The hot-tempered anchor of "The Ed Show" lost it during a phone call in the packed studio and slammed down the phone before exploding.

As astonished MSNBC staff members fell silent, Schultz glared around the room and yelled, "fuckers!"

A witness told us, "Ed was furious the network was running election-night promos and he wasn't in them. He'd been arguing on the phone with marketing, then he slammed down the phone and exploded.

Fuming Schultz was immediately dragged in for a meeting with NBC News President Steve Capus and MSNBC President Phil Griffin following his Aug. 12 meltdown.

Our source added, "Schultz was told: 'If you do that again, you are fired.' He broke down crying."

A second MSNBC source said, "Ed never gets any attention and love, and he finally snapped."

Last edited:
Ingraham is a catty bitch. I don't know if she sleeps around and frankly i don't care.

the woman is horrible.

Pretty low-class comment.
I have personally met Laura and she's incredible.
What she's been through personally and physically.

Why not grow up and show some respect for the woman, vs. some asshole named Schultz, who is seriously a dumb, unsuccessful POS?

Think about it.

i've listened to her show. even for talk radio hosts she's bad in her backhanded comments and general cattyness.

frankly i'm still looking for her redeeming qualities. i've yet to find one.

Ingraham is a catty bitch. I don't know if she sleeps around and frankly i don't care.

the woman is horrible.

Why not grow up and show some respect for the woman, vs. some asshole named Schultz, who is seriously a dumb, unsuccessful POS?

Think about it.

i've listened to her show. even for talk radio hosts she's bad in her backhanded comments and general cattyness.

So, are you saying it was ok for him to call her a right wing slut, because you don't like her?

Think about it.

So, are you saying it was ok for him to call her a right wing slut, because you don't like her?

*snicker* :eusa_angel:

not at all. the comment was over the line.

however, listening to laura's show and constantly hearing criticism of what people wear, or what they eat, or whatever bizarre hypothetical straw man laura wants to set up to attack people - mainly the obamas - with, well frankly i'm reminded of a high school girl that talks behind everyone's back.

she's a catty bitch and could be the poster child for what's wrong with political discourse in the country - right along with ed schultz.

however, listening to laura's show and constantly hearing criticism of what people wear, or what they eat, or whatever bizarre hypothetical straw man laura wants to set up to attack people - mainly the obamas - with, well frankly i'm reminded of a high school girl that talks behind everyone's back.

she's a catty bitch and could be the poster child for what's wrong with political discourse in the country - right along with ed schultz.

please post some examples of what you describe.

Schultz should attend one of Rush Limbaugh's Sensitivity Training seminars. I hear that Michael J. Fox is going to be a guest lecturer. Rush couldn't get one of the info-babes or anchorettes due to previous engagements.

Yes, if Schultz could only be the gentleman Rush is, he could go far.

So Rush's sexism excuses Schultz'?

Really? Is that what you're going with?

There is no 'however'. Either what he said was wrong or it was not. Using 'however' is justifying what he said. There is nothing acceptable about calling a woman a 'slut' for any reason. You see that right? What you personally feel about Laura is of no consequence.... I don't care for Michelle Obama but I'd be all over some right wing asshole who called her a 'slut'... just like I have when right wingers have called her 'fat' or made other personal remarks about her. I don't justify it by using 'howevers'.

There is no 'however'. Either what he said was wrong or it was not. Using 'however' is justifying what he said. There is nothing acceptable about calling a woman a 'slut' for any reason. You see that right? What you personally feel about Laura is of no consequence.... I don't care for Michelle Obama but I'd be all over some right wing asshole who called her a 'slut'... just like I have when right wingers have called her 'fat' or made other personal remarks about her. I don't justify it by using 'howevers'.

i don't know how to make it clear to you that i don't think ed's comments were appropriate.

other than flat out stating it, which i did.

Forum List

Back