Kim Kardashian Nets $2M Ring

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Kris Humphries gave Kim Kardashian a massive $2 million rock when he proposed to the reality princess this week. But while the giant ring rep resents almost a year's salary for the Nets star, it's just pocket change to his big-earning, buxom beauty. The ring by New York jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz boasts a 16.5-carat, emer ald-cut center diamond with a 2-carat diamond on either side

Read more: Nets star Kris Humphries gives Kim Kardashian $2 million engagement ring - NYPOST.com

This kind of gross opulence annoys the crap out of me. I understand that people can spend their millions on whatever they damn please, but I better not hear one word out of these celebutards about "social justice". $2M can feed a lot of homeless people.

Not only that, but I guess diamonds come at a terrible cost in human life.

Now I got my info from "Blood Diamond" but I'm going to assume that it has at least some truth to it about the diamond market.

Still,big sparklies are pretty cool. And I don't think I've ever heard Kim K. go on about social evils or social responsibility except in the most vapid way, lol...

The Kardashian girls have jobs. They are fashion stylists and designers; they own a chain of stores. They had the stores before they had the TV show. They worked from the time they were 13 years old. It is a huge misconception that the girls don’t work. They work 25 hours a day.

Kim:
"My dad was a great attorney and businessman. He instilled a strong work ethic in all of us. If we wanted our allowance, we had to work. For Christmas presents, he’d give us gift certificates for a 'one-hour conversation about life with Dad.'"

Now I got my info from "Blood Diamond" but I'm going to assume that it has at least some truth to it about the diamond market.

Still,big sparklies are pretty cool. And I don't think I've ever heard Kim K. go on about social evils or social responsibility except in the most vapid way, lol...

Not all diamonds are 'blood diamonds'. In fact, these days it's quite hard to sell 'blood diamonds' because of the international regulations governing the industry. So we cannot assume that this is an issue.

To me, it's his money so he's entitled to spend it as he so chooses. Having said that, I would personally be uncomfortable with receiving a piece of jewelry that cost that much. I'd constantly wonder how many lives I could save with that rock.

Not all diamonds are 'blood diamonds'. In fact, these days it's quite hard to sell 'blood diamonds' because of the international regulations governing the industry. So we cannot assume that this is an issue.

To me, it's his money so he's entitled to spend it as he so chooses. Having said that, I would personally be uncomfortable with receiving a piece of jewelry that cost that much. I'd constantly wonder how many lives I could save with that rock.

you truly are a saint.

you truly are a saint.

No. I truly am a decent human being. And you truly are an idiot. Them's the breaks.

You are aware that Blood diamonds are not legally sold anymore? That the Diamond Industry barred them?

You are aware that Blood diamonds are not legally sold anymore? That the Diamond Industry barred them?

thanks to the UN.

Whoever paid for that ring got ripped off.

We need to instill thrift and industry into the next generation. The media praising these 2 million dollar rings isn't doing that. So it's left to us.

Hey! at least he's putting money back into the economy.

We ought to be encouraging theextremely well heeled to spend in America.

Sadly there aren't enough of them spending nearly enough to offset the pernicious effects on our economy of a society which has systematically been bankrupting its middle class for the last four decades.

I wouldn't want that expensive of a bauble either. Give me the $2 mill and let me buy what I want with it!!

Kris Humphreys is a successfull NBA basketball player who makes millions of dollars a year, if he wants to buy his soon to be wife a $2 million ring thats his business.

Agreed. Yes, it's his money. But the ring is huge, and probably out of proportion to her finger and hand.

I worked with a woman who had a 10 carat diamond - it was ridiculous. She ended up cashing it in and downsizing to a smaller stone. The huge bling may look good, but if one is going to wear a ring on a daily basis, it's uncomfortable to have a stone on steroids.

And the conspicuous consumption bit is especially distasteful in the current economy.

Kris Humphreys is a successfull NBA basketball player who makes millions of dollars a year, if he wants to buy his soon to be wife a $2 million ring thats his business.

Speaking for liberals as long as they support the left they're cool.

If they supported conservatives they bought that sucker with evil profits.

Personally I don't give a darn.

The Kardashians are all hype to me. Media darlings like Oprah.

Last edited:

Agreed. Yes, it's his money. But the ring is huge, and probably out of proportion to her finger and hand.

I worked with a woman who had a 10 carat diamond - it was ridiculous. She ended up cashing it in and downsizing to a smaller stone. The huge bling may look good, but if one is going to wear a ring on a daily basis, it's uncomfortable to have a stone on steroids.

And the conspicuous consumption bit is especially distasteful in the current economy.

I agree, it is particularly distasteful when millions are losing their homes... but, it's their money... if they can sleep at night, good luck to 'em. Personally, I couldn't but I'm trying to learn not to hold others to my standard. (And I fail at that quite often. :lol:)

Kim Kardashian, other than popping up here in threads, is completely irrelevant to my life.

You couldn't pay me to watch her tacky reality show (or any similar programming). Bleah.

Jewelry bugs the hell out of me, I hate the way it feels and it serves no real purpose.

The only jewelry I wear is my wedding band.Diamonds are beautiful but why the hell did people get into wearing jewelry?

Because it was at one time a way to carry your "money" with you and have it at the ready to buy things.

Individual beads and stones that could be removed from a chain on your wrist and or neck.

Displays of wealth in the end.

My worth does not lay in my wealth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back