MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

The quotes got messed up, so I removed them.

As far as what I see when I read (or hear) her comments?

I see her calling for people to step up and help the children in their communities - even if the children don't "belong" to them.

Nothing in her comments implies that any rights should be taken away from parents.

She's simply saying that we should all take responsibility for the next generation.

Respond to the material, I'll make it very easy:
1)
We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children.

2)
[Sarcastic] 'Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility.'

3)
We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children.

4)
So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

5)
We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY;

6)
once it is everyone's responsibilty, and not just the household, we start making better investments.

So you libs don't have a problem with strange teachers thinking they are co parenting your children?

So you libs don't have a problem with strange teachers thinking they are co parenting your children?

Like it or not, your childs teachers have an influence on his life. As does the community.

The quotes got messed up, so I removed them.

As far as what I see when I read (or hear) her comments?

I see her calling for people to step up and help the children in their communities - even if the children don't "belong" to them.

Nothing in her comments implies that any rights should be taken away from parents.

She's simply saying that we should all take responsibility for the next generation.

Respond to the material, I'll make it very easy:
1)
We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children.

2)

3)

4)

5)
We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY;

6)
once it is everyone's responsibilty, and not just the household, we start making better investments.

As I said before - the quotes get messed up if I try to respond this way (as you can see). It doesn't change my response.

"Responsibility" isn't a zero-sum game. A "community" taking "responsibility" for all the children in it doesn't somehow imply that the rights and "responsibility" of parents is taken away.

Nothing in her comments implies that any rights or responsibilities of parents should be taken away.

As I said before - the quotes get messed up if I try to respond this way (as you can see). It doesn't change my response.

"Responsibility" isn't a zero-sum game. A "community" taking "responsibility" for all the children in it doesn't somehow imply that the rights and "responsibility" of parents is taken away.

Nothing in her comments implies that any rights or responsibilities of parents should be taken away.

You don't have to return quotes, just answer in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 numerical order on your own.

Melissa says we haven't spent enough on education....

It always comes back to we just don't spend enough.
The only problem is that Democrats will never feel that we spend enough.
Except on military,then we spend way too much.

Last edited:

You don't have to return quotes, just answer in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 numerical order on your own.

You're not getting it. Your pedantic little game breaking the soundbite down doesn't change anything.

Nothing about her comments implies that the government "owns" your kids. Nothing about her comments implies that any parental rights or responsibilities should be taken away.

Melissa says we haven't spent enough on education....

It always comes back to we just don't spend enough.
The only problem is that Democrats will never feel that we spend enough.

THIS is the point she was making - that we should spend more on education.

Whether or not you agree with that is your business, but there's nothing "outrageous" about it.

I like the one with the MSNBC host convincing a little girl that marriage between a man and a man and a woman with a women is just fine.

The best part of that video is that it was her daughter, which means she had time to prep her before hand on what to say, and she sill had to hunt around to get the answer she wanted.

You nutters are hysterical. In every sense of the word.

I've got a Board of Education primo dude saying straight out that he thinks that teachers are co parents and you have the freaking nerve to call any one of us a nutter.

You moron.

theDoctorisIn;7059418 You're not getting it. Your pedantic little game breaking the soundbite down doesn't change anything. Nothing about her comments implies that the government "owns" your kids. Nothing about her comments implies that any parental rights or responsibilities should be taken away.[/QUOTE said:
Everything in that short little ad is meant to convey as much information as possible in a short amount of time, that is what ADS are for.

Each phrase breathes life into fascinating arguments, as it is meant to do. You're supposed to "Lean Forward" into the debate. It is MSNBC's goal to persuade you to believe their argument, which are summed up quite well in that ad.

They don't run those ads for shits and giggles.

You nutters are hysterical. In every sense of the word.

I've got a Board of Education primo dude saying straight out that he thinks that teachers are co parents and you have the freaking nerve to call any one of us a nutter.

You moron.

I'm not seeing any context for this outburst. Did you mean to post this in a different thread?

No one in this thread is talking about any comments by a Board of Education "dude".

You're not getting it. Your pedantic little game breaking the soundbite down doesn't change anything.

Nothing about her comments implies that the government "owns" your kids. Nothing about her comments implies that any parental rights or responsibilities should be taken away.

Everything in that short little ad is meant to convey as much information as possible in a short amount of time, that is what ADS are for.

Each phrase breathes life into fascinating arguments, as it is meant to do. You're supposed to "Lean Forward" into the debate. It is MSNBC's goal to persuade you to believe their argument, which are summed up quite well in that ad.

They don't run those ads for shits and giggles.

They run those ads to get people to watch their shows, not to "persuade" anyone of anything. The sinister conspiracy stuff is all in your head.

Forum List

Back