MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Your community can take both your kids and your guns away if you abuse either. It can even take YOU away

Are you saying that being a registered gun owner implies I'm going to abuse my kids?

Reading comprehension is still a problem I see. Look up the word either

Your original response was non sequitur with my original statement, but you must have had a motive, so I determined that motive.

Are you saying that being a registered gun owner implies I'm going to abuse my kids?

Your original response was non sequitur with my original statement, but you must have had a motive, so I determined that motive.

And look! A perfect microcosm of my overall point.

You can't determine other people's motives.

You're assigning a "motive" to the MSNBC soundbite - a motive that only exists in your head - and then assuming that anyone who isn't outraged by the soundbite must agree with your imaginary motive.

You're assigning a "motive" to the MSNBC soundbite - a motive that only exists in your head - and then assuming that anyone who isn't outraged by the soundbite must agree with your imaginary motive.

1) Mellissa Harris Perry's speech is absent of non sequitur phrases, thus there is no need to to determine her motive, her motive is declared without any deliberation.

2) My analysis of Right-winger's motive was astute, he is threatening a police state and saying "what are you going to do about it; if you try anything, we'll take your children away, your guns away, even YOU away."

However, someone with your comprehension wouldn't be able to discern that, just like you are unable to recognize the open Marxism displayed in that video.

Check out this graph and see where you fall:
politicalgraphs1.png

Last edited:

1) Mellissa Harris Perry's speech is absent of non sequitur phrases, thus there is no need to to determine her motive, her motive is declared without any deliberation.

2) My analysis of Right-winger's motive was astute, he is threatening a police state and saying "what are you going to do about it"

You seem to be claiming that Melissa Perry's "speech" was motivated by the belief that the government "owns" children, and should be able to do whatever they want with them. She didn't say anything close to that.

That "motive" exists only in your head.

2) My analysis of Right-winger's motive was astute, he is threatening a police state and saying "what are you going to do about it; if you try anything, we'll take your children away, your guns away, even YOU away."

However, someone with your comprehension wouldn't be able to discern that, just like you are unable to recognize the open Marxism displayed in that video.

Check out this graph and see where you fall:
politicalgraphs1.png
Again, your extreme paranoia affects your comprehension. I stated that if you abuse your children or abuse your guns, society can take them away from you. That is not a police state that is how societies function.

How do you jump from not being outraged at the video to being ok with the government taking my kids?

I'm playing on your attitude that you aren't outraged by such a thing happening.

Nothing has "happened" to get outraged about, other than a TV host saying a soundbite.

I didn't switch anything. I assume you won't have a problem if the government DOES take your kids away from you.
If you can "assume" that from what I've said, you're beyond my help.

All you will say is

"I am struggling to be outraged by this"
You guys have great imaginations.

You have no imagination. You don't have a dog in this fight.

You seem to be claiming that Melissa Perry's "speech" was motivated by the belief that the government "owns" children, and should be able to do whatever they want with them. She didn't say anything close to that.

Let's pull up the transcript, I'll separate it phrase by phrase, and you tell me your interpretation, so I can understand your reaction:

1)
We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children.

2)
[Sarcastic] 'Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility.'

3)
We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children.

4)
So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

5)
We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY;

6)
once it is everyone's responsibilty, and not just the household, we start making better investments.

I'm playing on your attitude that you aren't outraged by such a thing happening.

Nothing has "happened" to get outraged about, other than a TV host saying a soundbite.

If you can "assume" that from what I've said, you're beyond my help.

All you will say is

"I am struggling to be outraged by this"
You guys have great imaginations.

You have no imagination. You don't have a dog in this fight.

There is no "fight" going on. That exists only in your head.

How do you jump from not being outraged at the video to being ok with the government taking my kids?

If the kids belong to the community, than the community has exclusive rights to take away those kids.

OMG, Mr. John Doe is a registered gun owner, we must take our kids away from him!

Your community can take both your kids and your guns away if you abuse either. It can even take YOU away

As I mentioned earlier, community is a euphemism for power hungry. Communities do nothing, Individuals acting in the name of the community (the power hungry) can come and take away everything you own, destroy your family and lock you in a cage. If you resist, you will be killed.

You seem to be happy as hell about that. Why?

Is your life so small that you hunger that much for power?

Buy a dog.

Your community doesn't help raise your kids?

If your child is in a scout troop....are they helping to raise your kid?
If your kid is in Little League......are they helping?
Does your church help?
Does your school help?
Family, friends, neighbors......they don't help?

Do you really think you raise your child in a vacuum ?

Let's pull up the transcript, I'll separate it phrase by phrase, and you tell me your interpretation, so I can understand your reaction:

The quotes got messed up, so I removed them.

As far as what I see when I read (or hear) her comments?

I see her calling for people to step up and help the children in their communities - even if the children don't "belong" to them.

Nothing in her comments implies that any rights should be taken away from parents.

She's simply saying that we should all take responsibility for the next generation.

If the kids belong to the community, than the community has exclusive rights to take away those kids.

OMG, Mr. John Doe is a registered gun owner, we must take our kids away from him!

As I mentioned earlier, community is a euphemism for power hungry. Communities do nothing, Individuals acting in the name of the community (the power hungry) can come and take away everything you own, destroy your family and lock you in a cage. If you resist, you will be killed.

You seem to be happy as hell about that. Why?

Is your life so small that you hunger that much for power?

Buy a dog.

That dog doesn't belong to you! That's the people's dog and must work for the good of the collective! People's dogs of the world unite! Rise up and seize the means of kibble production from the running...um...dog, I guess...capitalist...um...pigs?

The quotes got messed up, so I removed them.

As far as what I see when I read (or hear) her comments?

I see her calling for people to step up and help the children in their communities - even if the children don't "belong" to them.

Nothing in her comments implies that any rights should be taken away from parents.

She's simply saying that we should all take responsibility for the next generation.

What a concept.

No wonder conservatives are so upset

Forum List

Back