MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

You aren't outraged that someone else is telling you that your kids shouldn't belong to you, or you at least shouldn't think like that?

I don't have any kids, but if I did, I wouldn't consider them to "belong" to anyone.

Children aren't property.

Then by what right do you have to opine on the subject? They belong to those who brought them into this world, unless the parents do something that warrants their seizure.

But the fact that you aren't disturbed by this is... disturbing.
I have "the right" to opine on whatever the fuck I want, thank you very much.

And from my view, the compulsive need to be outraged all the time is "disturbing".

Children don't Belong To Anyone - they aren't chattel or property. They are under control of their parents or custodial guardians, who are responsible for said children's welfare.

MSNBC betrays the Progressive view that we are all just serfs/chattel of The State. It's the New Feudalism of Compassionate Elites running our lives For Our Own Good.

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

Every community values it's children, they are our future

Why are conservatives outraged?

Parents pay taxes for all that shit, dipstick. The so-called community (government) shouldn't be providing any of it.

Children don't Belong To Anyone - they aren't chattel or property. They are under control of their parents or custodial guardians, who are responsible for said children's welfare.

MSNBC betrays the Progressive view that we are all just serfs/chattel of The State. It's the New Feudalism of Compassionate Elites running our lives For Our Own Good.

The video said nothing close to that. Which is why I think this is such a hilarious thread.

I don't have any kids, but if I did, I wouldn't consider them to "belong" to anyone.

Children aren't property.

Then by what right do you have to opine on the subject? They belong to those who brought them into this world, unless the parents do something that warrants their seizure.

And from my view, the compulsive need to be outraged all the time is "disturbing".

Oh hey, by all means, comment on stuff you know nothing about. You are entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts. You suggesting people should not be outraged at the suggestion that our children belong to the "community" is pretty lame. Until you have children of your own, or have had any experience in dealing with them, you can't honestly sit there and think you know what you're talking about.

Sigh, I find this need to be so nonchalant over everything to be just as disturbing.

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

We have volunteered to have them take part in those services; however, with this mindset they are talking about, it would be compulsory, not voluntary. That is the outrage.

Also, here's the flame thread for Right Winger and Doctor:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...r-exposes-his-communist-side.html#post7058927

I don't know what kind of shit hole community you live in but my community takes care of its children and is proud of them. We invest in our schools, recreational facilities, libraries, police protection. When our sports teams do well, the whole community celibrates. When a child is successful, the whole community is proud

God, it must suck to be a conservative

The video said nothing close to that. Which is why I think this is such a hilarious thread.

You obviously never read the title of the link the author posted. Or is that your selective hearing speaking?

Doctor, you either either woefully incapable of comprehending the material presented in the video, or an outright crook and liar; either way, you are disqualified from continuing to argue in this thread.

In case you really didn't get it, this poster summed it up quite well:
How about the first 10 seconds?

Harris-Perry sets the context about the "private notion of children," which she elaborates on by challenging the notion that "your kid is yours, and totally your responsibility."

Well, yeah! Children DO belong to their parents and they ARE their responsibility!

It's one thing to say that government should provide the MEANS and OPPORTUNITY for parents to raise their children properly; it's another thing to question if they belong to their parents at all!

She says MILLIONS of words in this short 30 second clip.

Last edited:

Oh hey, by all means, comment on stuff you know nothing about. You are entitled to your opinion, but not your own facts. You suggesting people should not be outraged at the suggestion that our children belong to the "community" is pretty lame. Until you have children of your own, or have had any experience in dealing with them, you can't honestly sit there and think you know what you're talking about.

Sigh, I find this need to be so nonchalant over everything to be just as disturbing.

I can guarantee you that I still would find nothing outrageous about that video, even if I did have kids.

Parents pay taxes for all that shit, dipstick. The so-called community (government) shouldn't be providing any of it.

What parents pay does not come close to what it costs to educate their children. It is a community investment in it's future

My community pays for great school facilities, recreation, playgrounds, bike trails, police protection.....all for OUR children

Must suck being you

Last edited:

No, individuals have contributed to the common good and can use those services or not as they see fit.

The community is a euphemism for the power hungry.

Doctor, you either either woefully incapable of comprehending the material presented in the video, or an outright crook and liar; either way, you are disqualified from continuing to argue in this thread.

"Disqualified"? :lol:

Seriously, dude. You don't make the rules. We're not hanging out in the playground during recess.

There's nothing "material" about anything in the video. It's a 30 second soundbite - an opinion. Whether or not you agree with the opinion, it's nothing more than that - an opinion. Not a secret plan to control your children, or anything else.

In case you really didn't get it, this poster summed it up quite well:
How about the first 10 seconds?

Harris-Perry sets the context about the "private notion of children," which she elaborates on by challenging the notion that "your kid is yours, and totally your responsibility."

Well, yeah! Children DO belong to their parents and they ARE their responsibility!

It's one thing to say that government should provide the MEANS and OPPORTUNITY for parents to raise their children properly; it's another thing to question if they belong to their parents at all!

She says MILLIONS of words in this short 30 second clip.

No, she didn't say MILLIONS of words - you heard MILLIONS of words.

She only said about 20 or so words. The rest of those "words" exist only in your imagination.

What parents pay does not come close to what it costs to educate their children. It is a community investment in it's future

My community pays for great school facilities, recreation, playgrounds, bike trails, police protection.....all for OUR children

Must suck being you

Parents are robbed and forced to pay for "education" services that do more harm than good for their children. You have to be insane to send your child to a public school.

We have volunteered to have them take part in those services; however, with this mindset they are talking about, it would be compulsory, not voluntary. That is the outrage.

Also, here's the flame thread for Right Winger and Doctor:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...r-exposes-his-communist-side.html#post7058927

I don't know what kind of shit hole community you live in but my community takes care of its children and is proud of them. We invest in our schools, recreational facilities, libraries, police protection. When our sports teams do well, the whole community celibrates. When a child is successful, the whole community is proud

God, it must suck to be a conservative

It must suck having the reading comprehension of a 3 year old. Raising children can be a collective effort, but to say to a parent or parent(s) that their children do not belong to them and only to the community is outrageous.

And if Liberals value children so much, why are the majority of them Pro-Choice?

That's hardly believable since almost everyone becomes a parent at some point. Who are all these non-parents that are paying for everything?

Must suck being you

You think being a colossal sucker is a good thing?

Must suck being you

Bullshit. Considering that the pace of growth of school administration dwarfs that of the increase in the student population, increased school spending is not an investment...it's welfare for public school union members.

A new report from The Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice has detailed an alarming trend in education hiring: the number of new teacher and administrators hired between the years of 1950 and 2009 dramatically outpaced the growth in the number of students, as the student population increased by 96% while full-time school employees grew 386%.

By analyzing the data from the U.S. Department of Education, author Benjamin Scafidi concluded that while schools now educate roughly double then number of students they did in the 1950s, the number of administrators hired to oversee their instruction grew by more than 700%. Furthermore, while districts are spending more money than they ever did on non-teaching personnel, they are gaining hardly any benefits from the money. Standardized test scores and graduation rates haven’t gone up anywhere near an equivalent rate....

Report: Growth in Hiring Grossly Outpaces Student Enrollment

If it were Investment, we wouldn't have the rampant illiteracy that plagues so many students today. Public school are babysitting factories which indoctrinate students to accept a dependency role in the progressive state.

Forum List

Back