Mr. Trump ... what would you do if you were confronted with this?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
As I said I'm a great Trump supporter but KNOW he is so wrong about GWB and especially the continuation of the 1991 Cease Fire agreement. I'm specific on that because Trump doesn't seem to be aware that
the first gulf war against Saddam was never completed...i.e. there was 1991 Cease Fire agreement.
And much as I like Trump he doesn't seem to think that Iraq was required to keep the Cease Fire and because Saddam didn't the 1991 Desert storm was resumed in 2003 by GWB.

I'd also ask Trump what he'd do in this scenario.

Trump's been in negotiations with a person who upon pain of death to hundreds of thousands of children this person won't agree with what will keep those children from starving.
All Trump is asking is for this person to agree that this person has NO WMDs. If this person certifies by signing a document that attests all WMDs have been destroyed Trump's agreement is complete.
That's it! Now all of Trump's experts say this guy HAS WMDs. Tells Trump over over again it is a slam dunk!

All Trump wants is this person to sign the agreement and hundreds of thousands of kids won't starve.
Thousands of people won't die. But this person won't agree that the WMDs have been destroyed.
What would Trump do???

By the way this happened to GWB.

In 1995 as many as 576,000 Iraqi children may have died since the end of the Persian Gulf war because of economic sanctions imposed by the Security Council, according to two scientists who surveyed the country for the Food and Agriculture Organization.
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children, U.N. Reports

But if Saddam was to be believed i.e. he wouldn't sign the certification, what else would all the intelligence agencies AND these Democrats believe?

Remember... these Democrats also believed Saddam had WMDs because THEY believed NO sane leader would let 576,000 children starve if all he need do is be honest and certify the destruction.

According to the Times story, Saddam Hussein wanted the world to believe he possessed WMD in order to create fear and thwart any war plans by the US.
The revelation that Saddam's generals believed they would use WMD against American, British and other invading forces explains why the US military found protective gear had been issued to Iraqi soldiers. The top commanders wanted their troops protected from the WMD they intended to use.

"The Iraqi dictator was so secretive and kept information so compartmentalized that his top military leaders were stunned when he told them three months before the war that he had no weapons of mass destruction, and they were demoralized because they had counted on hidden stocks of poison gas or germ weapons for the nation's defense, " stated the New York Times on March 12.
NY Times: Saddam's generals believed they had WMD to repel US

"Together we must also confront the new hazards of chemical and biological weapons, and the outlaw states, terrorists and organized criminals seeking to acquire them. Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
President Clinton, Jan. 27, 1998.

Forum List

Back