Mr. President, close the southern border.

add false dichotomies to the list.. all from the fake news category.

If President Trump completely closed the border with Mexico to all traffic how long do you think it would take for Mexico to put an end to caravans assulting our country. If Mexico can’t export trade to the U.S. they will feel the lost revenue quickly. We closed our borders after 9/11 and we should do it on our southern border now. The invasions of foreigners is a threat to our Republic and our President needs to stop it now. We have legal ways to immigrate and that should be the only way anyone comes to this country.
Any benefit in closing our southern border is far out weighed by the harm it would do. About a million people legally cross our southern border every day plus tens of thousands of trucks carrying goods to market. The jobs of millions of Americans depend on keeping our borders open.

This is not the first caravan of migrants headed toward the US border. In fact, it happens nearly every year and has for nearly 20 years. Some never make it to the border and those that do usually result in a few people getting asylum, some being arrested and the rest are turned back. Although it has become a major media event, it represents little danger to the US.

Mexico would probably not close their southern border regardless of what the US did with it's border because by law it has an open border policy and trade agreements with central American countries. Over the 800 hundred mile border with Guatemala, there are hundreds of crossings, most are unmanned.
And those thousanes of people that need to cross can put enough pressure on mexico to stop letting these illegals use their country as free passage.

If President Trump completely closed the border with Mexico to all traffic how long do you think it would take for Mexico to put an end to caravans assulting our country. If Mexico can’t export trade to the U.S. they will feel the lost revenue quickly. We closed our borders after 9/11 and we should do it on our southern border now. The invasions of foreigners is a threat to our Republic and our President needs to stop it now. We have legal ways to immigrate and that should be the only way anyone comes to this country.

Trump never will. The only reason anyone even looked at him was his promise to build a wall. The republicans in Congress right now, the ones up for election have ZERO intention of building a wall, or even ending illegal immigration. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to take a long hard look at the history of the issue. Boooosh Jr could have fixed it when he had it all working for him with congress and what did he do ? He tried to ram amnesty down his supporters throats. Trump talked big on this and his failure to produce may cost him in 2020 and I hope it does.
not at all, everyone of us knew the demolosers would do no deal. We knew that. He basically showed that even with that offer on the table, the left turned him down. so what is it they want? if not amnesty what?

Trump never will. The only reason anyone even looked at him was his promise to build a wall. The republicans in Congress right now, the ones up for election have ZERO intention of building a wall, or even ending illegal immigration. Anyone who believes otherwise needs to take a long hard look at the history of the issue. Boooosh Jr could have fixed it when he had it all working for him with congress and what did he do ? He tried to ram amnesty down his supporters throats. Trump talked big on this and his failure to produce may cost him in 2020 and I hope it does.
not at all, everyone of us knew the demolosers would do no deal. We knew that. He basically showed that even with that offer on the table, the left turned him down. so what is it they want? if not amnesty what?

Amnesty on their terms. When that’s possible it will happen.

every Rw on the planet must live in the barrio - Mexicans either legal or illegal have ZERO EFFECT on my day to day life.

Amnesty on their terms. When that’s possible it will happen.
I thought amnesty was amnesty. what other kind of amnesty is there?

every Rw on the planet must live in the barrio - Mexicans either legal or illegal have ZERO EFFECT on my day to day life.
Zero effect? How much of your taxes goes to support illegals? Schools that seem to have enough problems teaching kids to read and write now are forced to do it in several languages. Every illegal you see outside home depot is willing to work for less than minimum wage putting an American out of work. If you think illegal immigration has zero effect on you mistaken or maybe live in mexico.

Close the border. The people of Mexico will soon drive the invaders out.

Right now the mex are helping the invasion. Make it painful and that help will stop.

Zero effect? How much of your taxes goes to support illegals? Schools that seem to have enough problems teaching kids to read and write now are forced to do it in several languages. Every illegal you see outside home depot is willing to work for less than minimum wage putting an American out of work. If you think illegal immigration has zero effect on you mistaken or maybe live in mexico.

yup zero effect - I'd never know Mexicans existed if RW idiots didnt cry about them constantly

What about trade?

fools believe paying for a border wall will solve ANYTHING. :itsok:
It won't solve anything, but it's a start in the right direction

bullshit. you only FEEL like it would solve something...
You're a friggin' open borders liberal, Valerie.
That's why you're animate about no walls.
It works in other countries, it would work along our porous border, too.

build a wall 20 ft high to keep 20 million people in the country that you claim is costing you $$$

BRILLIANT !!!

yup zero effect - I'd never know Mexicans existed if RW idiots didnt cry about them constantly
You would never know mexicans exist yet you go by “siete”?

The gop holds the Senate House and WH. Why not just pass a law saying we don't accept immigrants seeking refugee status except in certain (non convoy) instances and anyone intercepted with children must make the choice of accepting family separation or immediate expulsion over the border?

Answer: the gop doesn't want to solve the illegal immigration issue anymore than the dems.

The gop holds the Senate House and WH. Why not just pass a law saying we don't accept immigrants seeking refugee status except in certain (non convoy) instances and anyone intercepted with children must make the choice of accepting family separation or immediate expulsion over the border?

Answer: the gop doesn't want to solve the illegal immigration issue anymore than the dems.

EXACTLY.

nothing gets by you does it Einstein

build a wall 20 ft high to keep 20 million people in the country that you claim is costing you $$$

BRILLIANT !!!
The wall is a lot cheaper than the cost illegals that are and will be coming across in years to come.
If we don't take some kind of action, it just shows that we have open borders and don't have the will to fix the problem.
I can't depend on our government to fix the problem within the borders of this nation, so I'll take the wall.

BRILLIANT !!!
The test walls they built have didn't pass LOL

Trump's border wall prototypes fail design requirements and are riddled with deficiencies

EXACTLY.

nothing gets by you does it Einstein
Well gee, it isn't exactly news at least to me that the gop doesn't want the problem of illegal immigration solved. LOL

Forum List

Back