Open Borders

grainbely

Gold Member
Mar 7, 2017
What does this accusation mean when levied at democrats non stop on repeat? I watched one of the minnesota debates and the GOP candidate every few minutes would rattle off his meticulous attack lines including the dem is for "open borders." But he didn't define it. Does it mean open like our state borders? Does it mean the dems just arent playing with trumps extreme rhetoric and policy? Is anything less than what trump wants "open borders"? How much of the narrative behind it is pure fictional conspiracy fantasy that is blown up by GOP leaders firmly propagating it?

Democrats have in the past, currently do, and will into the future support reforming immigration and border control when necessary. They are literally NOT for actual open borders, so why are we giving a pass for this bs slogan?

Because it's scary language that the GOP thinks will get them votes. The more they demonize the Democrats, the better they think they will do in elections.

Only trouble is....................these days it's too easy to verify facts and you can find out the truth about what is really going on.

And no....................there aren't any Middle Eastern types in the caravan coming up through Mexico. Even Trump has back tracked on that one. And, because I know most of you conservatives will say "fake news", it's from one of your places, The Hill.

Trump on immigrant caravan and Middle East: 'There's no proof of anything'

President Trump said there was "no proof of anything" Tuesday when pressed over his comments that people from the Middle East are among those traveling to the U.S. border in an migrant caravan that began in Central America.

Trump acknowledged during his comments at the White House that he has seen no evidence to support his assertion that the caravan includes people from the Middle East.

"There's no proof of anything," Trump said, while adding that "there very well could be.

No proof of anything, but there very well could be? WTF? Is that like RumsFAILED's "known unknowns" from the Iraq war?

upload_2018-10-24_17-36-16.png

What does this accusation mean when levied at democrats non stop on repeat? I watched one of the minnesota debates and the GOP candidate every few minutes would rattle off his meticulous attack lines including the dem is for "open borders." But he didn't define it. Does it mean open like our state borders? Does it mean the dems just arent playing with trumps extreme rhetoric and policy? Is anything less than what trump wants "open borders"? How much of the narrative behind it is pure fictional conspiracy fantasy that is blown up by GOP leaders firmly propagating it?

Democrats have in the past, currently do, and will into the future support reforming immigration and border control when necessary. They are literally NOT for actual open borders, so why are we giving a pass for this bs slogan?
The various branches and paid instrumentalities of the network include Democracy Alliance, MoveOn.org, America Coming Together, America Votes, The Center for American Progress, and other leftist front organizations, which advocate open borders for the United States — not for other nations but for the United States. These Soros-funded groups finance his camp followers, among them the Democratic Party, the National Organization of Women, abortion advocacy groups, various environmental groups, and last but not least, the increasingly powerful immigration special interest groups.

The various branches and paid instrumentalities of the network include Democracy Alliance, MoveOn.org, America Coming Together, America Votes, The Center for American Progress, and other leftist front organizations, which advocate open borders for the United States — not for other nations but for the United States. These Soros-funded groups finance his camp followers, among them the Democratic Party, the National Organization of Women, abortion advocacy groups, various environmental groups, and last but not least, the increasingly powerful immigration special interest groups.
Is there a definition of open borders in here?

It’s pretty bad when an IQ below 100 can dispatch this silly op.
Not a single one of our leftist posters seem to be able to win an argument with the facts. And this article is from the San Francisco Chronicle, no right wing rag.

California's senators want de facto open borders
The title says California senators want defacto open borders. I take it you subscribe to this understanding as well. Does that mean they want any and everyone to be able to cross the border no questions asked? Isnt that what defacto open borders would mean? Help me find a quote or a voting record that shows that's what those California senators and all other democrats want.

If Dems can sabotage their own candidate, Bernie, to hand it to Hillary, help Ford "recover" memories of Kavanaugh being the sexual assailant and bring up the issue at the 11th hour, pay homeless people $1000 to go start fights at Trump rallies, try to frame Trump and the Republicans with Russian collusion using the FBI and others, and allow ex-cons to vote as Dems did in Virginia and elsewhere, there's NOTHING these con artists won't do for power...absolutely nothing.

If Dems can sabotage their own candidate, Bernie, to hand it to Hillary, help Ford "recover" memories of Kavanaugh being the sexual assailant and bring up the issue at the 11th hour, pay homeless people $1000 to go start fights at Trump rallies, try to frame Trump and the Republicans with Russian collusion using the FBI and others, and allow ex-cons to vote as Dems did in Virginia and elsewhere, there's NOTHING these con artists won't do for power...absolutely nothing.
Stay OT. What's the definition of open borders?

The European countries have had open borders for the past 30 years. You can travel to any country in Europe and there are no restrictions. That's why Europe is going to the dogs.

The European countries have had open borders for the past 30 years. You can travel to any country in Europe and there are no restrictions. That's why Europe is going to the dogs.
I don't hear dems clamoring for that. If they are it's such a low priority that it doesnt even make the news. That doesnt even crack my top 10 most important issues. I actually forgot what happened to the first caravan because i didnt care much. I just hoped they'd be treated fairly and humanely according to the law and not ruined.

I don't hear dems clamoring for that. If they are it's such a low priority that it doesnt even make the news. That doesnt even crack my top 10 most important issues. I actually forgot what happened to the first caravan because i didnt care much. I just hoped they'd be treated fairly and humanely according to the law and not ruined.
If the Dems get their way and anyone in the world can come into the country, then in no time at all you will be praying toward Mecca 20 times a day. Allahu Akbar, y'all!

"Open border" - DNC method of acquiring votes they cannot get from taxpayers footing the bill for their flood of immigrants coming across the southern border.

We just had 8 years of DEM open borders policies.

Pull off the Guards, if catch any illegals (explain how to sign up for benefits), release. Rinse, repeat. Please come back in 2.5 years for a"court date".

Human land fishing. No limit. No keepers.

Really? Ever heard of something called a passport? You can't go across many borders without one.

Guess you never went overseas, or, if you did, you didn't travel much outside of your base there.

No one is giving Republicans a pass on their lies, including the lie that Democrats want ‘open borders.’

When Republican attempt to propagate that lie, Republicans are called on it.

But Republicans believe in repeating a lie often enough in the hope it’s perceived to be ‘true’ – the ‘open borders’ lie is one of far too many examples.

Forum List

Back