Moving

I hired a guy to work for me part time a few years ago. His other job was at a moving company where he packed furniture and then another team would deliver it to the new location. Anyway, he came to work and had a little hand held computer of some kind and was playing a game on it. I asked him about it and he said he stole it from the people moving when he was packing their stuff. Then he went on to tell me how he and another packer were fighting over who was gonna steal a laptop from another customer and that the other guy beat him to it. Nice to know your personal belongings are in good hands, huh?

I hired a guy to work for me part time a few years ago. His other job was at a moving company where he packed furniture and then another team would deliver it to the new location. Anyway, he came to work and had a little hand held computer of some kind and was playing a game on it. I asked him about it and he said he stole it from the people moving when he was packing their stuff. Then he went on to tell me how he and another packer were fighting over who was gonna steal a laptop from another customer and that the other guy beat him to it. Nice to know your personal belongings are in good hands, huh?

YEah I meet a lot of thieves who just tell me what they stole

Why is it so hard? Why so exhausting? Why is there so much to do? Even if you plan it all out...
How do you make it easier?

The moving part itself is exhausting as can be. My last move I plan it for the entire month so I could take my sweet time and it made it easier but most people can not waste a month doing a move.

So here is what you could do:

1. If you know you are planning a move then a month or two in advance get a storage unit that can fit your house in and it might take two units.

Use the units as staging area where you can move stuff to daily and from daily when your next place is ready.

You might believe that it is insane but I did it during my last move and it work.

2. Hire people you can trust to help pack your household stuff. Do not use unknown individuals and if you must then the storage units is the best place to have them drop your stuff off because the unknown packers and movers will not know your new address.

This all from me and just know moving is hell!

Why is it so hard?
Why so exhausting? Why is there so much to do? Even if you plan it all out...

Are you moving far from where you live now?

A few hundred miles, and different state.

You can get some guys to do it for you Jusgt use...

Gonna use my arms
Gonna use my legs
Gonna use my style
Gonna use my sidestep
Gonna use my fingers
Gonna use my, my, my imagination

Cause you're special, and don't forget it.

Why is it so hard?
Why so exhausting? Why is there so much to do? Even if you plan it all out...

Are you moving far from where you live now?

A few hundred miles, and different state.

You can get some guys to do it for you Jusgt use...

Gonna use my arms
Gonna use my legs
Gonna use my style
Gonna use my sidestep
Gonna use my fingers
Gonna use my, my, my imagination

Cause you're special, and don't forget it.

November 1979.

I'd like to take a moment to dedicate this song to Elizabeth.

Her favorite song.

She had the voice of an angel.

It brings back some of my fondest memories.

Oops!

I just hijacked Kat's thread.

My bad.

Last edited:
Why is it so hard? Why so exhausting? Why is there so much to do? Even if you plan it all out...
It is always difficult to leave one place for another.

But you normally always get used to the new place eventually and then start liking the good things about it.

Eventually you forget about the former location.

Packing and loading and cleaning are all hard exhausting work.

Unpacking and rearranging is rather fun though.

Plus this is a good time to throw away a lot of crap that has accumulated over the years.

Ahh I can't wait to get to new house. I am not crazy about where I have been the last several years.
I don't mind unpacking and decorating. It's the other..ugh

Last edited:
Good luck, Kat. Make sure you take an inventory of your things in case something turns up missing. I've heard some pretty bad stories about some of these moving companies.

Yes ma'am. 2 men and a truck are very good, but we will be ''with'' them.
Not moving yet. Just bought the house and had to go down to do walk thru. Close out in less than a month. THEN move.
It will all work out.

I've always done my own moving with friends/family to help. I don't want some strangers going through my personal stuff!
LOL no stranger is going thru my personal stuff!

I've always done my own moving with friends/family to help. I don't want some strangers going through my personal stuff!

They could if they have the opportunity. You just never can tell what kind of people they are!

I think we will carry our personal stuff though. They will do furniture etc.

They could if they have the opportunity. You just never can tell what kind of people they are!

I think we will carry our personal stuff though. They will do furniture etc.

I would do the same.

Moving Horror Stories: How to Unbox a Scam

Forum List

Back