CDZ Motorcycle Helmets

If someone is irresponsible enough to ride uninsured and helmetless, that's fine. Thin the herd. Just so long as they hold insurance for the victims of any wreck the rider creates. But they should not be compensated for their own foolishness.

How does not wearing a helmet make it more likely for them to cause an accident?
I did not say that. I said that should a rider be irresponsible enough to ride without a helmet, they should not receive compensation for their injuries. They should carry insurance to compensate any victims of any wrecks they cause. But no hat, no cash.

They should carry insurance to compensate any victims of any wrecks they cause.

They already do. It's called auto insurance. We all have to have it, car or bike. That has no relevancy to whether or not someone wears a helmet.
My argument is the injuries resulting to a rider without a helmet should not be compensated. Years of physical therapy costs those who are responsible and do wear helmets higher insurance premiums.

They already do. It's called auto insurance. We all have to have it, car or bike. That has no relevancy to whether or not someone wears a helmet.
My argument is the injuries resulting to a rider without a helmet should not be compensated. Years of physical therapy costs those who are responsible and do wear helmets higher insurance premiums.

You could make the same argument about people who are morbidly obese and have a stroke or a heart attack. Where does the line get drawn?

You could make the same argument about people who are morbidly obese and have a stroke or a heart attack. Where does the line get drawn?
The line gets drawn on the pavement. Death by obesity cannot be so easily qualified.

Forum List

Back