Mother of 100 deported

I think if you ask the father what mistake he made, it would be getting caught, not bringing his family to the US or having children in the US.
Maybe you are right. Another reason I'm glad he got arrested. Thanks
I think it's a tragic situation. Does the fault lie with the father who only hopes to give his family a better life than he had? Or the corrupt governments in Mexico that created the environment where people leave their country to attain a decent life for their family? Or the inconsistent US immigration policy which at times have welcomed illegal immigrants, punctuated by periods of rigid enforcement followed periods of amnesty?
Both governments are guilty of what you say. It makes the choice illegals made easy to understand, but it doesn't excuse it. Ironically, I think part of the reason the number of Mexican illegals has gone down sharply over the past years is because the U.S. has been sending jobs there. We like that Mexican illegals are reduced, but now we are going to make it harder for companies to do business there, which will make the Mexican economy harder for folks again, so more will again try to come here.
Once we build the wall, they'll start coming other ways. Like boats. Meanwhile, Trump wants to cut back Coast Guard funding. It should be increased, not decreased, considering what will happen once the wall is built. It won't be just people getting smuggled; it will be drugs.
You're right. Making it harder to cross the southern boarder will certainly increase the number coming by sea and that border is over 12,000 miles, 88,000 miles of shoreline.

The current get tough policy on immigration enforcement will only last as long this administration. The next president will issue new executive orders and the pendulum will swing back in the other direction. I believe the answer is revamping immigration laws to come up with a compromise, otherwise the country will continue to swing back and forth with each change in government.

Simply by making our immigration laws fairer, simpler, and eliminating ambiguity will go a long way to solving the problem.

Unfortunately, each side's solution to this problem and others is one party rule which is neither practical nor good for the country.
There is nothing unfair about our immigration laws. The only thing ambiguous is the democrats enforcement of them.
There is certainly something very unfair when a 17 year old girl has to face the possibility of deportation every day because her parents brought her to this country illegally when she was 3 years old.

If you think that's fair, you have a strange sense of fairness.

Maybe you are right. Another reason I'm glad he got arrested. Thanks
I think it's a tragic situation. Does the fault lie with the father who only hopes to give his family a better life than he had? Or the corrupt governments in Mexico that created the environment where people leave their country to attain a decent life for their family? Or the inconsistent US immigration policy which at times have welcomed illegal immigrants, punctuated by periods of rigid enforcement followed periods of amnesty?
Both governments are guilty of what you say. It makes the choice illegals made easy to understand, but it doesn't excuse it. Ironically, I think part of the reason the number of Mexican illegals has gone down sharply over the past years is because the U.S. has been sending jobs there. We like that Mexican illegals are reduced, but now we are going to make it harder for companies to do business there, which will make the Mexican economy harder for folks again, so more will again try to come here.
Once we build the wall, they'll start coming other ways. Like boats. Meanwhile, Trump wants to cut back Coast Guard funding. It should be increased, not decreased, considering what will happen once the wall is built. It won't be just people getting smuggled; it will be drugs.
You're right. Making it harder to cross the southern boarder will certainly increase the number coming by sea and that border is over 12,000 miles, 88,000 miles of shoreline.

The current get tough policy on immigration enforcement will only last as long this administration. The next president will issue new executive orders and the pendulum will swing back in the other direction. I believe the answer is revamping immigration laws to come up with a compromise, otherwise the country will continue to swing back and forth with each change in government.

Simply by making our immigration laws fairer, simpler, and eliminating ambiguity will go a long way to solving the problem.

Unfortunately, each side's solution to this problem and others is one party rule which is neither practical nor good for the country.
There is nothing unfair about our immigration laws. The only thing ambiguous is the democrats enforcement of them.
There is certainly something very unfair when a 17 year old girl has to face the possibility of deportation every day because her parents brought her to this country illegally when she was 3 years old.

While I totally get your point, I find it irrelevant. Emotion cant run a country.

While I totally get your point, I find it irrelevant. Emotion cant run a country.
Emotion? The fairness of the law is the issue. There is nothing fair about punishing someone for a transgression for which they were not responsible.

Emotion? The fairness of the law is the issue. There is nothing fair about punishing someone for a transgression for which they were not responsible.
We cant cherry pick people to apply the law too.

Naw, I made that up but lets consider this hypothetical for a moment. Would it change your mind about shipping her criminal ass off?
Me? Hell no.
Fuck em all.
Its THEIR fault.
Having children is NOT a pass.
:crybaby:
Deport away America!

Put the kids with a well-off American family, as foster children, and then they can be taken care of by the family's undocumented Mexican nanny.

What evidence do you have the undocumented nanny is from Mexico!?!

Just more typical nonsense from progressive liberals that believe every illegal worker is from Mexico...

That's on the parents. No one else. Someone needs to tell the parents how unfairly they set up their own child.

Her parents are being punished, not her.

We can cherry pick people to apply the law too.
We certainly can and we certainly do. Our immigration laws give the president great discretion as to enforcement of immigration law.

In fact, cherry picking is exactly what immigration laws are all about. If you're lucky enough to have family in the US, you get in. If you live in a poor country and don't a have college degree, forget it. If a president wants to extend amnesty to all illegal immigrants he can. If the next president wants to mass deport them all, he can.

We can cherry pick people to apply the law too.
We certainly can and we certainly do. Our immigration laws give the president great discretion as to enforcement of immigration law.

In fact, cherry picking is exactly what immigration laws are all about. If you're lucky enough to have family in the US, you get in. If you live in a poor country and don't a have college degree, forget it. If a president wants to extend amnesty to all illegal immigrants he can. If the next president wants to mass deport them all, he can.
cherry picking who the law applies to is a trait of a totalitarian.

Naw, I made that up but lets consider this hypothetical for a moment. Would it change your mind about shipping her criminal ass off?
Me? Hell no.
Fuck em all.
Its THEIR fault.
Having children is NOT a pass.
:crybaby:
Deport away America!
I thought you were proverbially talking about Obama..but knew it couldn't be...

You don't think deporting a young girl from the only country she has ever known, losing her family, friends, and having to live in a strange country is not punishment.

You don't think deporting a young girl from the only country she has ever known, losing her family, friends, and having to live in a strange country is not punishment.
No. It's merely a consequence of her parents bad decision. Parentts make decisions everyday that I might not agree with; but it's seldom any of my business, or yours. Its a family issue. That's between the child, and it's parents. No different than divorce, or when a family moves.

No. It's merely a consequence of her parents bad decision. Parentts make decisions everyday that I might not agree with; but it's seldom any of my business, or yours. Its a family issue. That's between the child, and it's parents. No different than divorce, or when a family moves.
You're right. What the parents did is not my concern. However, what government can do to a girl such this is my concern as it should be every America's concern.

You're right. What the parents did is not my concern. However, what government can do to a girl such this is my concern as it should be every America's concern.
It's not. It's a family issue. Not my business. Not yours. If you want it to be; offer to adopt.

What the parents did should be your only concern. They are the ones who broke the law. They are the ones who have to answer to society. The government isn't doing anything to the child, the parents are.

It's not. It's a family issue. Not my business. Not yours. If you want it to be; offer to adopt.
What government does or does not do is our business or least it should be.

People are demanding stern treatment of violators of immigration law with no concern for the violators or their families, however that is not how our laws written.

People are demanding stern treatment of violators of immigration law with no concern the violators or their families. The problem is that is not how our laws written.
No more concern for the consequences to the families than the offender had... No get out of jail free just because you got kids. Thsts not how justice works. The children of illegals don't deserve the benefits of being american. That priveledge is reserved for my fellow Americans. They can all go back to the third world where they belong. The fewer of them that are here; means more to go around for me, and my people. It is with them that my loyalties lie. Perhaps you should assess yours...?

People are demanding stern treatment of violators of immigration law with no concern the violators or their families. The problem is that is not how our laws written.
No more concern for the consequences to the families than the offender had... No get out of jail free just because you got kids. Thsts not how justice works. The children of illegals don't deserve the benefits of being american. That priveledge is reserved for my fellow Americans. They can all go back to the third world where they belong. The fewer of them that are here; means more to go around for me, and my people. It is with them that my loyalties lie. Perhaps you should assess yours...?
It seems you want sure, fast, deportation without exceptions. If that's the case you should be supporting rewriting our immigration laws because that does not agree with the law.

First off, immigration law is civil law. Those that violate immigration law are not consider criminals except in a few incidents. They are undocumented immigrants. They are not arrested. They are detained for investigation and a hearing before a judge. The violators are not found guilty or innocent because they are not tried. Immigration courts rule on immigration status. By law, the immigration judges are allowed to weight the reason for the infraction of the law and consider that in their decision.

If the immigration judge decides to deport the person, it is only a change in immigration status, not punishment. The person will not have a criminal record but deportation can delay legal entry by ten years.

If the undocumented immigrant agree to voluntary or self deportation, the hearing is waived and the person will be able to apply for re-entry without penalty.

Our immigration laws give great discretion to immigration judges in applying the law just as they do the president.

If we want tough consistent enforcement we need tough laws in which changes in administration do not effect enforcement. However, the country is so sharply divided on this issue, we will probably continue with inconsistent enforcement.

sure , fast deportation without exceptions is the goal . And things may be changing as deportation gets more sure and severe . I guess that maybe you aren't an American but this huge flow of immigrants is hurting MY country for my American kids and Grandkids future Flopper .

as far as inconsistent , maybe , but TRUMP has only been around a little over 50 days so we will see . I also think that self deportation is happening and supposedly incoming border hoppers is reduced Flopper .

Forum List

Back