Most Science Is Crap

Crappy science eventually gets thrown away, replaced by good science. What about crappy...religion, that inspires people to commit atrocities and mass murder? Dogma and apostasy, these religious blokes would burn you alive you for such criticisms or some other vile punishment for the love of their mythical god. Science? They let it go, work it out, and move on.

Your title states "Most science is Crap". Crap does not work. The whole of our civilization depends on the fact that our science is working. Your OP is crap.

Science is evolving, changing and self aware. It makes mistakes, missteps and sometimes resists change. That speaks for itself. It doesn't require faith. Just facts and proof.

Your title states "Most science is Crap". Crap does not work. The whole of our civilization depends on the fact that our science is working. Your OP is crap.

Of course, had you read the attached article you would have discerned the meaning of that title as being "Most of that which is postulated as true science is crap." The basic rule of science is to repeat the experiment. If results cannot be repeated, then go back to your drawing board. Don't present them as a concrete finality.

You really should learn to make the easy connections. Only then can we rationally discuss the myriad "empirical" research results for various issues and disciplines, versus theory.

You people are so funny.

Last edited:
You, you silly fuck. Pretty damned obvious. Our whole civilization as it exists at present, is based on science. Without science, no electricity, no washing machines, cars, or roads. Without science, the average lifespan drops back to less than 45. And here you are, stating science does not work.

This is hysterically funny. I've got a live one here.

For starters, please point out where I said "science does not work."

You really hit a nerve in the global warming cultists neck, congrats.
:beer:

Billy, like most of our extreme 'Conservatives' here has no idea what science is, or what scientific research entails. Those of us that have seen real research being done, have read the peer reviewed articles in the scientific journals recognize how truly ignorant they are of the rigor required in real science.

Science is evolving, changing and self aware.

"Self-aware", is it?

Oy vey.

Crazy people here.
That is a criticism? Yes. Self aware. Science monitors itself, and has standards. Why the incredulity?

To assign sentience to philosophy is insane.
Not a philosophy, but a methodology that is self correcting. That is a form of self awareness. That you are ignorant of that is expected.

Billy, like most of our extreme 'Conservatives' here has no idea what science is, or what scientific research entails. Those of us that have seen real research being done, have read the peer reviewed articles in the scientific journals recognize how truly ignorant they are of the rigor required in real science.

Your first mistake is in naming me conservative. I am liberal by the original definition of same.

I'm sure you realize you have no clue what I have seen or not seen, so why go there?

Science is evolving, changing and self aware.

"Self-aware", is it?

Oy vey.

Crazy people here.
That is a criticism? Yes. Self aware. Science monitors itself, and has standards. Why the incredulity?

To assign sentience to philosophy is insane.
Not a philosophy, but a methodology that is self correcting. That is a form of self awareness. That you are ignorant of that is expected.

Nothing in philosophy or methodology is corrected without the direct influence of the mind of man.

That you believe in sentient philosophies is indicative.

Science riggorsly defines truth, and struggles constantly to find truth. Frauds and charlatans are exposed and dismissed. Um, which begs the question, the op wrote: "MOST science is crap", WHO defines what "most " science IS, and WHO defines what CRAP is?

You are one dumb fuck. Here you are, talking of how science doesn't work, using a computer to post on the internet, and not even seeing the ridiculous irony of that.
When their internet goes down or they get sick they don't pray they seek a scientific solution.

Science riggorsly defines truth, and struggles constantly to find truth. Frauds and charlatans are exposed and dismissed. Um, which begs the question, the op wrote: "MOST science is crap", WHO defines what "most " science IS, and WHO defines what CRAP is?

Read the article. Then we'll talk.

Forum List

Back