Will the Gulf Stream really collapse by 2025?

Meltwater from the Arctic, Antarctica and Greenland.

Except that Antarctica, 90% of Earth Ice, is not melting, which is why you cannot show us any liquid water on it...

Except that Antarctica, 90% of Earth Ice, is not melting, which is why you cannot show us any liquid water on it...
Water on the surface? No, not likely. Do you need that explained to you?

This is as bad as your attempt with the statue of liberty, showing tide level the same in 1900 as it was in 2023, and then claim that sea levels haven't risen.

Water on the surface? No, not likely. Do you need that explained to you?

This is as bad as your attempt with the statue of liberty, showing tide level the same in 1900 as it was in 2023, and then claim that sea levels haven't risen.

Actually, we went to court on this issue, and your side LOST because DATA talks and FUDGE walks in court...

• The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.

Actually, we went to court on this issue, and your side LOST because DATA talks and FUDGE walks in court...

• The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting, the evidence was that it is in fact increasing.
You can't allow yourself to get caught lying or making statements that you believe are true because of ignorance.
I think it's reasonable to suggest that you weren't deliberately lying.

You can't allow yourself to get caught lying or making statements that you believe are true because of ignorance.
I think it's reasonable to suggest that you weren't deliberately lying.

LOL!!!

We went to court.

Court ruled the DATA matters and hence Antarctic ice is growing, which it has ever year since the Co2 FRAUD started in 1988...

Here's a few links on the subject that you might find interesting.

There was a documentary l watched some years ago, about an underwater current system in the oceans which went around the whole planet. I can’t remember the name of it right now, and it was nothing to do with the Gulf Stream. And affected many aspects of our environment .

There was a documentary l watched some years ago, about an underwater current system in the oceans which went around the whole planet. I can’t remember the name of it right now, and it was nothing to do with the Gulf Stream. And affected many aspects of our environment .
Here's another source.

Water attains its maximum density at 4C (about 34F). When it gets to the poles and gets chilled to that temperature it sinks. The constant stream of sinking water pushes the bottom water towards the equator. At the equator, the northern and southern currents collide and rise to the surface carrying lots of dissolved minerals which support phytoplankton which is eaten by zooplankton which is eaten by larger and larger critters and finally feeds the large pelagic species at the top of the marine food chain. These are known as meridional overturning currents.

Water attains its maximum density at 4C (about 34F). When it gets to the poles and gets chilled to that temperature it sinks. The constant stream of sinking water pushes the bottom water towards the equator. At the equator, the northern and southern currents collide and rise to the surface carrying lots of dissolved minerals which support phytoplankton which is eaten by zooplankton which is eaten by larger and larger critters and finally feeds the large pelagic species at the top of the marine food chain. These are known as meridional overturning currents.
And how much colder would the Arctic be if those currents collapsed?
What is the threshold for extensive NH continental glaciation in the Arctic?
What feedbacks occur when this threshold is reached?

Please tell mamooth these answers because she needs your help in learning these things.

The best evidence for the timing and magnitude of the temperature fluctuations (up and down) from changes in ocean currents comes from D-O events. And to see how these event effect the other pole too. So not regional, global.

1708206317690.png

Right, mamooth ?

I saw that movie....Something about buoys in the ocean reported by the Headland Center. ;)

All these films are either subtle or direct and somehow it is the White Nationalists that cause everything wrong in humanity.

Water attains its maximum density at 4C (about 34F).

That's for fresh water ... you'd think an "Ocean Engineer" would know better ...

"Although maximum densities occur at temperatures of around 4°C for fresh waters, for Absolute Salinities greater than 23.8 g/kg, seawaters at the freezing point are most dense. Freezing temperature also decreases with salinity, with typical seawater freezing at around -1.9°C at atmospheric pressure."

"Key Physical Variables in the Ocean: Temperature, Salinity, and Density" -- Journal Nature -- 2013

No wonder you're wrong all the time ... and your math is wrong ... 4ºC = 39ºF ... stupid ... can't even use an on-line conversion calculator ... what a fool ...

The Gulf Stream system of warm ocean currents could collapse as early as 2025, a scientific study has warned.

The end of the system, which drives the Atlantic's currents and determines western Europe's weather, would likely lead to lower temperatures and catastrophic climate impacts.

But leading scientists have reservations about the study and say it is not established science.

It is far from certain the system will shut down this century, they say.

Don’t worry your little small hands self on this. You need to focus on Taylor Swift.

maga

If everyone sends me $100, I will stop the Gulf Stream from collapsing next year.

I guarantee results- if the Gulf Stream collapses in 2025, I will return everyone's money. Think of it! $100 is a small price to pay for saving the planet- you won't forgive yourself if you don't pay me and the Gulf Stream collapses!

The Gulf Stream system of warm ocean currents could collapse as early as 2025, a scientific study has warned.

The end of the system, which drives the Atlantic's currents and determines western Europe's weather, would likely lead to lower temperatures and catastrophic climate impacts.

But leading scientists have reservations about the study and say it is not established science.

I want to point out that the study itself "estimates Amoc could collapse between 2025 and 2095" I would accuse both the BBC and the OP of a bit of alarmism in the way they paraphrased that.

That's for fresh water ... you'd think an "Ocean Engineer" would know better ...

"Although maximum densities occur at temperatures of around 4°C for fresh waters, for Absolute Salinities greater than 23.8 g/kg, seawaters at the freezing point are most dense. Freezing temperature also decreases with salinity, with typical seawater freezing at around -1.9°C at atmospheric pressure."

"Key Physical Variables in the Ocean: Temperature, Salinity, and Density" -- Journal Nature -- 2013

No wonder you're wrong all the time ... and your math is wrong ... 4ºC = 39ºF ... stupid ... can't even use an on-line conversion calculator ... what a fool ...
So, what do you believe drives the AMOC? And can you explain why the ocean bottoms are not covered with ice?

1708538191476.png

Will the Gulf Stream really collapse by 2025?

Simply, no.

History has always shown that science based on computer guesses, flumps.

Forum List

Back