Most Science Is Crap

Theory Of Evolution proves that statement true. Theres no way a human can birth a monkey. Its all made up garbage libtards force on kids to keep them away from the Bible

Yeah, religion works so much better, and it's not regressive..

What works or does not work "better" is not the point. The point is much of the empirical evidence presented as proof of scientific theory is not duplicative.

You have proven time and again your opinion on religion is not credible, or even sound.
But no one is stopping you from preaching. Go ahead.

What works or does not work "better" is not the point. The point is much of the empirical evidence presented as proof of scientific theory is not duplicative.
The objective of science is that all empirical data that has been gathered through observation, experience and experimentation is without bias. The strength of any scientific research depends on the ability to gather and analyze empirical data in the most unbiased and controlled fashion possible.
Because scientists are human and prone to error, empirical data is often gathered by multiple scientists who independently replicate experiments. This also guards against scientists who unconsciously, or in rare cases consciously, veer from the prescribed research parameters, which could skew the results.

Aw, billy! "Most" science is "crap"? Skeptics are welcome, but cynics need an attitude adjustment. "Most" science is trial and error, just like most early inventions are. I remember laughing myself almost to tears when I worked the rigs as I heard that you could get a better temperature by sticking something in a patient's ear. Although shouting "Get a horse" was before my time. You hear the word 'science' and go automatically go into denial mode, or like me, laugh at the outrageous claims that may not be that outrageous, just not popular yet. However, I see you are not alone in your reluctance to have faith in new studies, you old curmudgeon, you.

Aw, billy! "Most" science is "crap"? Skeptics are welcome, but cynics need an attitude adjustment. "Most" science is trial and error, just like most early inventions are. I remember laughing myself almost to tears when I worked the rigs as I heard that you could get a better temperature by sticking something in a patient's ear. Although shouting "Get a horse" was before my time. You hear the word 'science' and go automatically go into denial mode, or like me, laugh at the outrageous claims that may not be that outrageous, just not popular yet. However, I see you are not alone in your reluctance to have faith in new studies, you old curmudgeon, you.
Where Science clashes with Science and Reason

- Death #s from Second Hand Smoke
- Gay genes
- Human impact on Global warming
- Benefits of vitamins or anti-oxidants
- Evolution “evidence”
- Destruction of embryos for experiments
- Religion leanings determined by physical evidence in the brain (???)
- The need to change the sex of some children
- Rulings on the Shroud of Turin (major clashes, no one will yield to the facts)

Where there is a moral issue, science is often not unbiased
Where there is money to be given for greater research science is often not unbiased

Last edited:

The objective of science is that all empirical data that has been gathered through observation, experience and experimentation is without bias. The strength of any scientific research depends on the ability to gather and analyze empirical data in the most unbiased and controlled fashion possible.
Because scientists are human and prone to error, empirical data is often gathered by multiple scientists who independently replicate experiments. This also guards against scientists who unconsciously, or in rare cases consciously, veer from the prescribed research parameters, which could skew the results.

I see we agree. Not convinced on the "rare cases" though.

After all, they gotta keep the grants rolling in.

Nope. Simply not a buyer. I am an "Amazing Randi" of science, one of many throwing tomatoes at the modern-day Velikovskys and Bellesailes and Redheffers of the world..

Some people you can't fool any of the time.

You are one dumb fuck. Here you are, talking of how science doesn't work, using a computer to post on the internet, and not even seeing the ridiculous irony of that.

Virtually the whole of the existance of anyone living in an urban environment is dependent on science. From the power you receive from the grid, to the safe water you get through your pipes, to the sewage system that keeps our cities sanitary. And then people that wallow in willful ignorance state that science does not work.

You, you silly fuck. Pretty damned obvious. Our whole civilization as it exists at present, is based on science. Without science, no electricity, no washing machines, cars, or roads. Without science, the average lifespan drops back to less than 45. And here you are, stating science does not work.

You, you silly fuck. Pretty damned obvious. Our whole civilization as it exists at present, is based on science. Without science, no electricity, no washing machines, cars, or roads. Without science, the average lifespan drops back to less than 45. And here you are, stating science does not work.

This is hysterically funny. I've got a live one here.

For starters, please point out where I said "science does not work."

Forum List

Back