Most overrated songs

Layla was played way to much,i cant believe the other songs on that LP were ignored....

Bellbottom Blues was my fave.

We used to wear out Key to the Highway. Never got old.

Clapton and Allman were sitting in the studio jamming between takes and launched into it. Tom Dowd was on the crapper. He heard what was going on and yelled "Roll tape! Fer fuck's sake, roll tape!!" That's why the record begins with a fade-in. :)

OK I paraphrased the quote.

I believe that someone should do the world a major service, and gather up every song ever performed by ABBA, being careful not to miss the very last copy of "Dancing Queen", and put them in a large pile some place in Iraq, and drop a thermonuclear bomb on them, making certain that not even dust particles remain, and that everything is vaporized. If they would also include EVERY disco song ever produced, from "I will survive", through "YMCA", then I would vote them in as dictator of the world for life.

And in an unrelated event, find every surviving member of whoever the hell sang, "Elvira", and make them eat every tape, disc, and record.

I believe that someone should do the world a major service, and gather up every song ever performed by ABBA, being careful not to miss the very last copy of "Dancing Queen", and put them in a large pile some place in Iraq, and drop a thermonuclear bomb on them, making certain that not even dust particles remain, and that everything is vaporized. If they would also include EVERY disco song ever produced, from "I will survive", through "YMCA", then I would vote them in as dictator of the world for life.

And in an unrelated event, find every surviving member of whoever the hell sang, "Elvira", and make them eat every tape, disc, and record.

I think you could totally pull that off at a Chicago White Sox game. :thup:

I got losing my religion by R.E.M.

God I hate that song

I think it's got merit in its composition, although its wear does have limits.

If I never hear "Satisfaction", Sympathy for the Devil" or "My Girl" again it will still be short of too much.

I like Losing My Religion.

Under the Bridge, from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.....when that song starts, I clench my teeth and look for the quickest way to turn it off or vacate the area. When Kedis sings that "Take me to the place I love..." line, I want to see his head explode.

Please do, add in Def Leopard and Toto.

I don't have very many songs that I despise, but Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" is one of them.

Why? Because on my first ship which was a combat stores UNREP ship (USS CONCORD (AFS-5), EVERY TIME we disconnected cables and started to pull away after resupply, our "break away" song was that one.

Listening to it up to 5 times per day, 5 days per week for six months straight will do that to a person.
When I was a member of Starfleet on the U.S.S. Enterprise they always played "Fly Me To Moon" when we left Spacedock.

I don't have very many songs that I despise, but Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" is one of them.

Why? Because on my first ship which was a combat stores UNREP ship (USS CONCORD (AFS-5), EVERY TIME we disconnected cables and started to pull away after resupply, our "break away" song was that one.

Listening to it up to 5 times per day, 5 days per week for six months straight will do that to a person.
When I was a member of Starfleet on the U.S.S. Enterprise they always played "Fly Me To Moon" when we left Spacedock.
Uriah Heep wrote the Wizard for me.....then the Elves started playing it every time i walked into the Tavern they ran.....it got old....

Stairway to Heaven (not even in LZ's top 10)
Born In The USA (not much of his stuff is good, except for Born To Run which is a masterpiece)
Early Beatles stuff

Stairway to Heaven (not even in LZ's top 10)
Born In The USA (not much of his stuff is good, except for Born To Run which is a masterpiece)
Early Beatles stuff

Oh yes that reminds me --- anything with Bruce Springstein's voice on it. :puke:

Sounds like a never-ending regurgitation.

One day I did a radio show, started off with "for the rest of the morning we'll be playing music like this" and started "Born to Run". I let it go eight bars and cut the turntable power off so it slowed to a stop, then opened the mic and said "April Fool!" and put on something completely different.

That was satisfying. :badgrin:

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. Not a very good song and not even one of her best songs. I don't know why people like that song so much. Probably because she's addressing some things people do actually say about her. Lol. But the song itself is not very good, IMO.

Forum List

Back