Most overrated songs

Stairway to Heaven (not even in LZ's top 10)
Born In The USA (not much of his stuff is good, except for Born To Run which is a masterpiece)
Early Beatles stuff

Oh yes that reminds me --- anything with Bruce Springstein's voice on it. :puke:

Sounds like a never-ending regurgitation.

One day I did a radio show, started off with "for the rest of the morning we'll be playing music like this" and started "Born to Run". I let it go eight bars and cut the turntable power off so it slowed to a stop, then opened the mic and said "April Fool!" and put on something completely different.

That was satisfying. :badgrin:

Springsteen? How about Bob Dylan! I don't know how his whiney voice and run-together words became so popular.

Born In The USA (not much of his stuff is good, except for Born To Run which is a masterpiece)
Early Beatles stuff

Oh yes that reminds me --- anything with Bruce Springstein's voice on it. :puke:

One day I did a radio show, started off with "for the rest of the morning we'll be playing music like this" and started "Born to Run". I let it go eight bars and cut the turntable power off so it slowed to a stop, then opened the mic and said "April Fool!" and put on something completely different.

Springsteen? How about Bob Dylan! I don't know how his whiney voice and run-together words became so popular.

Not a fan of his nasally voice either. :D

Early Beatles stuff

His voice was pretty annoying. I dont really like any raspy singing voices. They all sound like they have strep throat.

Jimmy Buffets silly lost shaker of salt.
...and the flamingo heads.
margarittaville.jpg

Early Beatles stuff

I used to think that, at first. Then I dug the words out of his mind and then the voice didn't matter any more.
Fatter o' mact, it becomes a co-character.

That said, Dylan's most overrated song was "Like a Rolling Stone". Enough already.

Last edited:
I believe that someone should do the world a major service, and gather up every song ever performed by ABBA, being careful not to miss the very last copy of "Dancing Queen", and put them in a large pile some place in Iraq, and drop a thermonuclear bomb on them, making certain that not even dust particles remain, and that everything is vaporized. If they would also include EVERY disco song ever produced, from "I will survive", through "YMCA", then I would vote them in as dictator of the world for life.

And in an unrelated event, find every surviving member of whoever the hell sang, "Elvira", and make them eat every tape, disc, and record.
ABBA are fantastic. One of the best pop groups of all time.

Early Beatles stuff

Sacrilege....

Who DO you like?

I believe that someone should do the world a major service, and gather up every song ever performed by ABBA, being careful not to miss the very last copy of "Dancing Queen", and put them in a large pile some place in Iraq, and drop a thermonuclear bomb on them, making certain that not even dust particles remain, and that everything is vaporized. If they would also include EVERY disco song ever produced, from "I will survive", through "YMCA", then I would vote them in as dictator of the world for life.

And in an unrelated event, find every surviving member of whoever the hell sang, "Elvira", and make them eat every tape, disc, and record.
ABBA are fantastic. One of the best pop groups of all time.

:puke:

Early Beatles stuff

Sacrilege....

Who DO you like?

Marisa Monte.

Amirite, CrusaderFrank o meu irmao?

But that would be an entry for most underrated. This thread is overrated -- it's supposed to be full of negatives.

Early Beatles stuff

I used to think that, at first. Then I dug the words out of his mind and then the voice didn't matter any more.
Fatter o' mact, it becomes a co-character.

That said, Dylan's most overrated song was "Like a Rolling Stone". Enough already.

Didn't we have a discussion in which you talked about how important vocals are, and that you think rap isn't really music because of the vocals?

Early Beatles stuff

I agree. He sucks.

To me, every song from the Oak Ridge Boys that does not include my late beautiful precious Steve Sanders is over rated.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. "Gonna Take A Lot Of River", "Beyond Those Years", "Bridges And Walls", "No Matter How High", "Baby, You'll Be My Baby", "You're My Soul And Inspiration", "Change My Mind", and "Lucky Moon" are the songs that Steve did the leading for that were released to radio.

Forum List

Back