Most overrated songs

Anything and everything by the Beatles.

I have the book where someone broke down all the vocal harmonies Paul did, and all the guitar and bass Paul did. And sometimes drums. Paul is one of rocks geniuses. I would say ten times more intelligent and creative than Frank Zappa. Paul's songs (The Beatles) are the basis for much of American rock music.

I would have hung an "agree" on this post but for the unfortunate contrast with Zappa.

FZ didn't have McCartney's facility for melody (hell no one does) but he was starkly original and brooked no pretentiousness, admirably so. In that trait he outpaced McCartney and most everyone else just as McCartney does in melody.

Agree on the import of the Beatles body of work, but without Lennon's collaboration (and harmonies), McCartney's music was all melody and no edge. Just as without PM, Lennon's music was all edge with little melody.

Btw his drumming was eminently forgettable. To wit, "Dear Prudence" and "Ballad of John and Yoko".

I could never take Paul seriously after, "Just Another Silly Love Song".
That was SUPPOSED to be, well, a silly love song.

I have the book where someone broke down all the vocal harmonies Paul did, and all the guitar and bass Paul did. And sometimes drums. Paul is one of rocks geniuses. I would say ten times more intelligent and creative than Frank Zappa. Paul's songs (The Beatles) are the basis for much of American rock music.

I would have hung an "agree" on this post but for the unfortunate contrast with Zappa.

FZ didn't have McCartney's facility for melody (hell no one does) but he was starkly original and brooked no pretentiousness, admirably so. In that trait he outpaced McCartney and most everyone else just as McCartney does in melody.

Agree on the import of the Beatles body of work, but without Lennon's collaboration (and harmonies), McCartney's music was all melody and no edge. Just as without PM, Lennon's music was all edge with little melody.

Btw his drumming was eminently forgettable. To wit, "Dear Prudence" and "Ballad of John and Yoko".

Love that song! It's "some people want to fill the world with silly love songs."

Love that song! It's "some people want to fill the world with silly love songs."
The title is actually Silly Love Songs.

The title is actually Silly Love Songs.

Whatever, it's a catchy tune!

Forum List

Back