Most importantly we need to create jobs, increasing taxes helps attain that how?

Global reality.....what would unemployment be at if Sony was not here...and Toyota....and Nissan....and hundreds, if not thousands of foreign companies that have manufacturing taking place in OUR country as we do in theirs.

It is a dangerous line to walk when talking about forcing all US companies to employ only those in the USA.....it may likely be a wash from an employment standpoint...not to mention what it may do to US sales overseas.

Where exactly did you see me say anything about forcing US companies to employ US employees. Personally I don't care where the company is based.

* I want policies that encourage any company to locate jobs here. (lower/eliminate Corporate Income taxes)
* I want policies that make playing labor arbitrage harder not easier. (raise capital gains taxes)
* I want policies that reward companies for importing capital and penalize them for exporting it.
* I want policies that stop assuming where you live is where you will invest.

you make it sound like the owners pay that 7 to 21 percent.

They pay tax on their income just like the rest of us.

Actually if it is an owner pay taxes on dividend and captial gains then they do pay between 7 and 21%. The current capital gains rate is 15% and will be zero if Rommney has his way.

What is really over the top is those multi-millionaires like hedge fund managers who have structured almost all their income to appear as capital gains so they pay basically 15% in income taxes despite earning multi-millions a year.

Steve Jobs is another $1 salary, enough stock options that he can sell them to pay the initial income taxes and let the rest grow for a year then pay only 15% in taxes. The man is brilliant. Selfish as hell but brilliant.

You could take all the money from people making over 250,000/year, it would not help

Of course it would.

Our problems are bigger than you may realize

"..the total taxable income of Americans earning over $100,000 in 2008 ... is $3.4 trillion..."

Deficit for just the year of $1.65 trillion- just ONE year
So if we take all money of everyone earning a $100,000, we are good for two years worth of annual budget deficits, only

Total US Debt as of today

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 08 Jul 2011 at 08:23:12 PM GMT is:
debtiv.gif

The estimated population of the United States is 310,897,407
so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,145.88.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.87 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

Last edited:
To the OP... I thought the debt was the #1 issue? that's all I hear about from you guys. Any time someone suggests investing in our infrastructure... I hear... More debt!

So... they address the debt and we hear.. What about the JOBS???

I'm starting to think that moving the goalposts is a Republican trait.

Funny thing is... you invest in the country... good things happen... people get back to work and provide revenue to help the debt.... Buy things to stimulate the economy.... businesses make money.

But when it's suggested... it's a no-go.

So if we take all money of everyone earning a $100,000, we are good for two years worth of annual budget deficits, only

So it would help.

really help- what do you do after year 3? Plus you have the total debt
Help about as much if you needed a hundred bucks and I gave you a dollar

As tempting it may be for some on the Left, I do not recommend a political cry
for taking all the money of people who make a $100,000/yr or more

Wait, on second though- run with that
:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

You started the conversation, I just corrected you when you said it wouldn't help.

It would but no one except you is talking about it.

Hey, where are all the jobs that tax cuts are supposed to create?

Last edited:
Back to the question posed in the OP, it comes down to this in response to raising taxes: it sends the wrong message to entrepeneurs and investors that the business environment here is negative. It's not the only factor of course, there are other determinants in the decision for where to park your money. I know that the debt/deficit problem is real, and needs to be resolved in a responsible fashion. Which at some point could mean higher taxes, but IMHO not until the economy improves. There's a reason why most states and all countries who are trying to grow their economies are cutting taxes instead of raising them.

You started the conversation, I just corrected you when you said it wouldn't help.

It would but no one except you is talking about it.

You are trying to parse words like Bill Clinton
You are trying to use a more global application of the word than intended. The word was used in the form as helped as in solving the national debt
Let's hope the gov't starts a program where kids can send in pennies to "help" with our debt

Perhaps, it was not clear
But I will stand corrected by you and restate

You could take all them money from people making over $250,000 and it would not solve our total national debt

Thanks for clearing that up
I feel a lot better our financial situation now
:eusa_whistle:

As for the jobs, Papa Obama wishes he had Bush's average unemployment rate - 5.3%

Speaking of jobs , where are all the jobs from the Papa Obama Pork Bill spending?
He said it was going to keep us under 8%

Today it just came out

Unemployment UP to 9.2%

Funny how that works

Last edited:
Please explain to me how raising taxes is going to help create jobs.

Easing taxes and regulations can help to create jobs which in turn will broaden the tax base which will increase revenue.

So again explain the path from raising taxes to jobs for me please.

We have the lowest taxes in 60 years at least and it's not creating jobs.

Carbineer-

We have the highest marginal tax rate on corporate income in the world and a record low capital gains rate.

I would argue for US jobs we have this backwards...

High Marginal Corporate tax rates only hurt small businesses who can't find the exemptions or buy Congress to create them for them. It prevents them from using their own capital to grow. We need to lower or better yet eliminate Corporate Income taxes to spur growth.

Low Capital gains taxes on feeds the mega companies who increase earnings by playing labor arbitrage to the limit. With low captial gains rates they can more easily acquire target companies and off-shore their US based labor. We need to raise capital gains taxes to help keep the job growth in the US.

Most businesses don't pay anywheres near the top marginal rate. Most industrialized nations with lower corporate tax rates than ours have a VAT tax, which we don't have.

Taxes ARE the lowest they've been in decades... and yet we don't see this magical correlation with job creation happening anywhere outside of China, Mexico and India. You crybabies who are shedding tears about taxation should probably take your fucking asses to the counties in which you invest in their labor force rather than remain a running joke about how unfair it is to not be allowed to rape an economy freely.

The final nail in the supply side coffin
Broken recovery: Taxes are low and corporate profits are high, but nothing is trickling down to the American worker

The final nail in the supply side coffin - How the World Works - Salon.com

I thought it was obvious.

Since the wealthy are sitting on unspent and uninvested trillions and corporations are making the largest profits in history, throwing money at them obviously doesn't spur job growth.

Whether it's in the form of "subsidies". Or "tax breaks". After all, they live in this country too. They get to use the "facilities". They know it's a stable and "safe haven". Time to "pay" for some of that "safe haven".

So you get them to pay a "FAIR SHARE", then you use that money on roads, tunnels, the electrical grid, bridges and so on. Or innovation, research and education. (oh the right hates education)

Why the the right wing finds this so "left" and "out there" is a mystery to me. Since the report that 70,000 bridges are unsafe and after the one in the midwest fell down during rush hour, I tense every time I cross a bridge. Is this one of the 70,000?

And what do roads and bridges do? How about "connect communities" which always makes even more "job opportunities".

Hmm, could it be that...

Why doesn't the right understand? Is it the lack of imagination?

Yep, we don't have your sense of imagination, that's why we don't understand...

Taxes ARE the lowest they've been in decades... and yet we don't see this magical correlation with job creation happening anywhere outside of China, Mexico and India. You crybabies who are shedding tears about taxation should probably take your fucking asses to the counties in which you invest in their labor force rather than remain a running joke about how unfair it is to not be allowed to rape an economy freely.

Broken recovery: Taxes are low and corporate profits are high, but nothing is trickling down to the American worker

One has to wonder why businesses would be sitting on money?

It is almost like they are waiting for some change of some type

Almost like they don't trust Papa Obama's policies

CBO $59 billion dollar deficit over 10 years is created by Obamacare:

New York businesses refusing to hire because ObamaCare.

A day can be a "lifetime" in politics
But, as of today, the majority of Americans have this reaction when they think of 4 more
years of Papa Obama

the-scream-i2922.jpg

Last edited:

But, as of today, the majority of Americans have this reaction when they think of 4 more
years of Papa Obama

the-scream-i2922.jpg

Or, more likely, the sole product of capitalism (greed) causes them to triangulate a gamble for maximized profit income. Why invest in America if you can gain more by crying about taxes?

But, alas, I'm sure Obama is to blame for melting ice in your glass of sweet tea too, so...

years of Papa Obama

the-scream-i2922.jpg

Or, more likely, the sole product of capitalism (greed) causes them to triangulate a gamble for maximized profit income. Why invest in America if you can gain more by crying about taxes?

But, alas, I'm sure Obama is to blame for melting ice in your glass of sweet tea too, so...

ice in tea- no don't be silly

Sadly, the problem is that Papa Obama and his policies are just good "job blockers"

obamastanding-i2943.jpg

years of Papa Obama

the-scream-i2922.jpg

Sadly, the problem is that Papa Obama and his policies are just good "job blockers"

obamastanding-i2943.jpg

Your opinion is noted and summarily disregarded. Obama can't create or destroy jobs. We both SHOULD know that. But, again, I'm sure Obama is why sometimes the turds in your toilet bowl don't always flush down too.

obamastanding-i2943.jpg

Your opinion is noted and summarily disregarded. Obama can't create or destroy jobs. We both SHOULD know that. But, again, I'm sure Obama is why sometimes the turds in your toilet bowl don't always flush down too.

Oh really, well any President can hamper the economy to create jobs.
Indeed, Papa Obama "blocked" those jobs before those evil capitalists could give us a good screwing over

Blame for someone's turds is silly and sophomoric on your part and is not really political

For example, blame why some aborted Infants born alive, can't live-yes that is political.

See the difference?
No need to thank me

Last edited:

obamastanding-i2943.jpg

Oh really, well any President can hamper the economy to create jobs.
Blame for someone's turds is silly and sophomoric on your part is not really political

For example, blame why some aborted Infants born alive, can't live-yes that is political.

See the difference?
No need to thank me

yea yea.. Obama sure is like an NHL goalie blocking the upswing...

:rolleyes:

And, turds and ice tea illustrate pretty well how far your kind will go to blame Obama for gravity if it means you can blame him for falling. I guess you can always deflect to the topic of abortion if you feel that mudhole being stomped too deep.

Forum List

Back