Most Brutal Chapters in American History

Most Brutal Chapters in our history.

1) Slavery
2) Brutal repression of Native Americans
3) Women's Right to vote
4) Japanese Internment during WWII
5) Nixon's Southern Strategy followed by the Republican descent into a white fascist party
6) Prohibition
Most brutal?

How can one not include all of America's stupid wars? Were they not the MOST brutal?

Lincoln's war.
McKinley's war.
Wilson's war.
FDR's and Truman's war.
LBJ's war.
W's war.

1) Slavery
3) Women's Right to vote
5) Nixon's Southern Strategy followed by the Republican descent into a white fascist party
/-----/ Mask your lie (#5) in the midst of truth and hope your victims won't notice and accept it. Saul Alinsky would be proud of you.

trump just didn't happen overnight in the republic party. White nationalism has been growing in the party since Nixon embraced it in the 68' election.

As for the Democratic Party, they were happy to move on the Dixiecrats as a morally bankrupt entity.

Trump would of never happened at all if the left didn't elect obozo...
...and BO wouldn't have happened had not W been elected...and W wouldn't have happened if Bubba hadn't been elected...and Bubba wouldn't have happened had HW not been elected....and round and round we go.

You don't get it or comprehend
Oh I get it.

After Trump, the nation will likely turn to a D and back and forth we go. In the end, government will only get bigger and more tyrannical.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but while slavery was one of the most brutal aspects of American history, I don't think "we ALL agree" that it was THE most. I think there are several things that run neck-and-neck with it. The near-genocide of the suppression of the American Indian tribes, for example.

Yes, it is shameful how some Americans treated the people who originally "owned" this land.

To the best of my knowledge, however, there was no concerted effort to dehumanize Native Americans, as was done to African Americans (who were bought and sold as objects),

As you know, throughout our history, in fact, some prominent Americans have boasted (truthfully or not) to have Native American blood.

Have a nice day!

Well, so much for "the best of your knowledge", then. Perhaps you can tell me how one conducts a genocide that isn't dehumanizing, because I'm just not following the logic on that.

BTW, is it going to disrupt your "woe is me, my ancestors were the BIGGEST victims!" rant if I point out that it was far from unheard-of for Native Americans to be sold as slaves after their tribes were defeated?

Mind you, I'm not a big fan of the whole "pick over ancient history for grievances" thing anyway. I just think perhaps you should get a little perspective on your pity party.

1) Slavery
3) Women's Right to vote
6) Prohibition

No. #2 might qualify if you include the intermittent warfare conducted by all players in the settlement of America. which includes British, French, Spanish, American, Texan, Mexican, and assorted American Indian tribes (who fought everybody including, and especially, each other).
Also The French and Indian War, The American Revolution. The War of 1812 and the (so called) American Civil War deserve mention.

1) Slavery
3) Women's Right to vote
6) Prohibition
Progressivism

No mention of the war that ended slavery which makes most of your list complete bullshit.
Women's suffrage was brutal ?
Japanese internment was not brutal. We also interned German Americans and Italian Americans. What those peoples ancestral countries were doing to the rest of the world was brutal.
The Southern strategy has been debunked so many times its only good for a slight chuckle.

1) Slavery
3) Women's Right to vote
6) Prohibition
1 every nation did it, so it's not that big of a stain as people think
2 clearly
3 that's just ignorant to put on the same list as people being slaves or being killed
5 trolling
6 agree
7 war on drugs
8 war on the Constitution

Forum List

Back