Mormons are extreme - see this

Actually putting his faith first will keep in line with Americas best interests.

Some will differ somewhat with that, but I think most will know what I mean.

See, there is where you and I are going to disagree.

There is a LOT of shit that Mormons find 'sinful' that I find perfectly acceptable and I will be God damned if I'll submit to Mormon Law any more than I would bend my knee to Sharia Law.

When did Romney say that the 'call to mormon prayer was one of the prettiest sounds on earth'?

As far as I know he has not, but he's still courting us.

Like I said... ass-u-me-ing he wins, I hope you're right.

And I'm not bigoted against Mormons... I'd feel that strongly against ANY candidate who was that passionate about his faith. If a mans wife must take a back seat to The Presidency while a man serves in that job, his faith had better damn well do so as well.

I understand your concern. We separate ourselves. We truly do. I don't know how to explain it. But we choose a path for God or Country.

That really makes no sense does it? Maybe someone else can explain it better. And I'm a free floater here not linked to any crew but just a person of faith.

You're right. Faith I understand. Faith is different. The problem is the organization behind the Faith. It's the Religion. It's the organization behind a faith like Mormonism that causes me to question whether Romney would be able to put the nation ahead of his religion if the two were ever at odds in a decision.

I'm with you.

Look, I'm sitting there in grade eight and King Henry and Anglicanism comes up to bat.

I'm surrounded by catholic kids. I find out my King started his / my religion so he didn't have to off another wife.

It was not a good day in school ok?:lol:

So I'm iffy on organizations ok?

There is a LOT of shit that Mormons find 'sinful' that I find perfectly acceptable and I will be God damned if I'll submit to Mormon Law any more than I would bend my knee to Sharia Law.

When did Romney say that the 'call to mormon prayer was one of the prettiest sounds on earth'?

As far as I know he has not, but he's still courting us.

Just pointing out, you seem to have no objection to Obama steering the country towards islam....

"Mormons are extreme - see this"

Are they? See this:

Times and Seasons 2009 Mormon of the Year: Harry Reid | Times & Seasons

Times and Seasons has selected Harry Reid as Mormon of the Year for 2009.

During 2009, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was the most visible and influential Mormon politician in the world, shepherding Democratic legislative proposals through the U.S. Senate after the party’s victories in the 2008 elections, including a landmark health care bill that represents one of the more controversial pieces of legislation to pass through the Senate in recent memory. Reid’s off-the-cuff style has also led occasionally to unscripted remarks that have attracted a lot of attention.

While Reid’s faith is not always discussed as much as that of other Mormon politicians, he remains an active member of his ward. In recent years he has helped the Church on some crucial issues, including-----

imagestt.jpg

Maybe this would be a better relationship? Great sermons, I hear this pastor delivers...

imagesio.jpg

Romney did a decent job of keeping his faith out of his job when he was governor, I see no reason to expect that to change.

I agree, and what is with this liberal boogeyman that thinks we're all gonna be forced to be a mormon? These people are nuts....I have no problem with someone proud of their religion and talk about it and display it, but I'm a baptist and mormonism aint my thing.....but that doesnt mean I wont vote for a guy......

And what "Mormon Law" is that? Where is Romney proposing to force people to be Mormons?

Like I said, I would be concerned by ANY candidate who was as passionate about his church as Mitt Romney is, especially the more rigid faiths like Mormonism is.

I'm a voter and I've a right to my concerns. I don't want to go back to back-alley abortions and drinking from paper bags.

No, I've not heard or read anything specific... but then again, Mitt's been pretty scarce on the specifics and I have a right to fear his attitude.

But your good with a president that says "blasphemers" of the prophet should be punished? Good with a president that writes executive orders contrary to laws passed by congress so that he can ignore his oath to uphold said laws? Got it.

since none of that happened, it really doesn't bother me.

Should our president be extreme in his/her own beliefs?
Mitt Romney places allegiances above his nation to such a religion.
Study its (Mormonism) warped sense of place within society, and
you decide why he is dangerous.

We believe in honesty, morality, and purity; but when they enact tyrannical laws, forbidding us the free exercise of our religion, we cannot submit. God is greater than the United States, and when the Government conflicts with heaven, we will be ranged under the banner of heaven against the Government… Polygamy is a divine institution. It has been handed down direct from God. The United States cannot abolish it. No nation on earth can prevent it, nor all the nations of earth combined,…I defy the United States; I will obey God.

John Taylor (Jan. 04,1880)
President, Prophet, Seer, and Revelator,
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

So, do you have these exact same feelings towards DEMOCRAT Harry Reid? You are aware Reid is a Mormon, too?? Oh...wait, he has a "D" in front of his name, so nevermind.

AVG-JOE bit his nails and stuttered in panic:

His religion scares the fuck out of this average Joe, I can tell you that.

HIs religion scares the f*** outta you? Really??? Have you ever been to Salt Lake City, Utah? Let me tell you, you can walk the streets at any time of night, there are no cast iron bars on windows nor heavy duty security doors on houses in Salt Lake City. If you come to Salt Lake City, you will find that when you visit the state capital, there are no metal detectors in that builidng. Yeah...that religion that scares the f*** outta you...there you have it.

Instead of using radical left-wing extremists talking points, how about you go outside of your PC and experience the real world for once in your life, you might find it rather contradictory to the talking points you have been spoon fed for God knows how long.

Like I said, I would be concerned by ANY candidate who was as passionate about his church as Mitt Romney is, especially the more rigid faiths like Mormonism is.

I'm a voter and I've a right to my concerns. I don't want to go back to back-alley abortions and drinking from paper bags.

No, I've not heard or read anything specific... but then again, Mitt's been pretty scarce on the specifics and I have a right to fear his attitude.

You can have any concern you want. It doesn't mean it's based in any sort of reality.

That's like saying "I havent heard or read any specifics about Barack Obama Robbing old women on the street. But I have a right to fear he may do it. He is black"

It doesn't matter if it's race or religion, it's ignorant to say that stupid crap.

Romney did a decent job of keeping his faith out of his job when he was governor, I see no reason to expect that to change.

I agree, and what is with this liberal boogeyman that thinks we're all gonna be forced to be a mormon? These people are nuts....I have no problem with someone proud of their religion and talk about it and display it, but I'm a baptist and mormonism aint my thing.....but that doesnt mean I wont vote for a guy......

Don't you know, voting a Mormon for President is going to force everyone to track down the missionaries so they can be baptized.

Should our president be extreme in his/her own beliefs?
Mitt Romney places allegiances above his nation to such a religion.
Study its (Mormonism) warped sense of place within society, and
you decide why he is dangerous.

We believe in honesty, morality, and purity; but when they enact tyrannical laws, forbidding us the free exercise of our religion, we cannot submit. God is greater than the United States, and when the Government conflicts with heaven, we will be ranged under the banner of heaven against the Government… Polygamy is a divine institution. It has been handed down direct from God. The United States cannot abolish it. No nation on earth can prevent it, nor all the nations of earth combined,…I defy the United States; I will obey God.

John Taylor (Jan. 04,1880)
President, Prophet, Seer, and Revelator,
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

jeremiahwright.jpg

louis-farrakhan.jpg

ayatollah_khomeini_1291352c.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
That doesn't count because we love our (Charles Manson/Jim Jones/ Barak Obama) leader.....

You know what's fun?

Like these three men..Romney's a Cleric.

Unlike Wright, Romney's never served in the military.

Neither has his sons, father or Grand Father.

Fun stuff.

:thup: I truly hope you're right.

Hopefully, it won't ever matter... but I do believe that if it ever came to a choice between serving the people of his faith and the American people, he'd put his faith first.

Hopefully, it won't ever matter.

Actually putting his faith first will keep in line with Americas best interests.

Joe you are smarter than that.
The president does not write new laws, he signs or vetoes them.

It's just like all the idiots who think Romney is going to take away their condoms :lmao:

You know what's fun?

Like these three men..Romney's a Cleric.

Unlike Wright, Romney's never served in the military.

Neither has his sons, father or Grand Father.

Fun stuff.

You do realize that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints doesn't have clerics, right? So despite how many times you claim Romney is a cleric, it's not going to be true.

And what "Mormon Law" is that? Where is Romney proposing to force people to be Mormons?

If Mitt called the President of the Mormon Church and asked "What should I do", he would be told in no uncertain terms...."The people elected you to this office.....not me".

He's going to ban caffeine and the White House bar will only serve sparkling grape juice. :thup: :lol:

Don't you know, voting a Mormon for President is going to force everyone to track down the missionaries so they can be baptized.

Well, if it works that way, I want Hugh Heffner to be president.

It would not hurt this country to choose to go back to a more reverent observance of the Sabbath Day.

If Romney proposed a law to try and enforce that, I'd vote to impeach him.

Forum List

Back