Mormons are extreme - see this

Does not scare this average "Joe" not one bit.

:thup: I truly hope you're right.

Hopefully, it won't ever matter... but I do believe that if it ever came to a choice between serving the people of his faith and the American people, he'd put his faith first.

Hopefully, it won't ever matter.

Actually putting his faith first will keep in line with Americas best interests.

Some will differ somewhat with that, but I think most will know what I mean.

See, there is where you and I are going to disagree.

There is a LOT of shit that Mormons find 'sinful' that I find perfectly acceptable and I will be God damned if I'll submit to Mormon Law any more than I would bend my knee to Sharia Law.

At least we know what religion Mr Romney is.

why should it matter?

It shouldn't.

It's up to Mitt. History will show what he'll do if given the opportunity to choose between the ideals of his church and the ideals of what the rest of us consider to be 'America', should they ever cross.

I still hope the opportunity doesn't arise but Mitt is passionate about a rigid faith.
I would think the basics of being the president would line up just fine with Mormon philosophy.

Be fiscally responsible.
Help others.
Protect you and yours.
Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Not bad things at this point in our history.

Hopefully, it won't ever matter... but I do believe that if it ever came to a choice between serving the people of his faith and the American people, he'd put his faith first.

Actually putting his faith first will keep in line with Americas best interests.

There is a LOT of shit that Mormons find 'sinful' that I find perfectly acceptable and I will be God damned if I'll submit to Mormon Law any more than I would bend my knee to Sharia Law.

You don't know squat.

Mormons have doctrinal statements about government in their standard works.

Get a clue.

Romney couldn't push "mormon law" (whatever that means) if he wanted to.

As a non-Mormon, I don't believe their religion is factual based but I don't care since Romney isn't running for Mormon of the USA.

He has better morals than Obamination and is more intelligent too, that is all that matters.

You don't know squat.

Get a clue.

Like I said... ass-u-me-ing he wins, I hope you're right.

And I'm not bigoted against Mormons... I'd feel that strongly against ANY candidate who was that passionate about his faith. If a mans wife must take a back seat to The Presidency while a man serves in that job, his faith had better damn well do so as well.

It's extreme to actually believe your religion and speak out for it. It's hypocritical not to. Either way you are going to find a way to criticize him so who cares what you think?

And what "Mormon Law" is that? Where is Romney proposing to force people to be Mormons?

You don't know squat.

Get a clue.

And I'm not bigoted against Mormons... I'd feel that strongly against ANY candidate who was that passionate about his faith. If a mans wife must take a back seat to The Presidency while a man serves in that job, his faith had better damn well do so as well.

I understand your concern. We separate ourselves. We truly do. I don't know how to explain it. But we choose a path for God or Country.

That really makes no sense does it? Maybe someone else can explain it better. And I'm a free floater here not linked to any crew but just a person of faith.

And what "Mormon Law" is that? Where is Romney proposing to force people to be Mormons?

Like I said, I would be concerned by ANY candidate who was as passionate about his church as Mitt Romney is, especially the more rigid faiths like Mormonism is.

I'm a voter and I've a right to my concerns. I don't want to go back to back-alley abortions and drinking from paper bags.

No, I've not heard or read anything specific... but then again, Mitt's been pretty scarce on the specifics and I have a right to fear his attitude.

Should our president be extreme in his/her own beliefs?
Mitt Romney places allegiances above his nation to such a religion.
Study its (Mormonism) warped sense of place within society, and
you decide why he is dangerous.

We believe in honesty, morality, and purity; but when they enact tyrannical laws, forbidding us the free exercise of our religion, we cannot submit. God is greater than the United States, and when the Government conflicts with heaven, we will be ranged under the banner of heaven against the Government… Polygamy is a divine institution. It has been handed down direct from God. The United States cannot abolish it. No nation on earth can prevent it, nor all the nations of earth combined,…I defy the United States; I will obey God.

John Taylor (Jan. 04,1880)
President, Prophet, Seer, and Revelator,
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

jeremiahwright.jpg

louis-farrakhan.jpg

ayatollah_khomeini_1291352c.jpg

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
That doesn't count because we love our (Charles Manson/Jim Jones/ Barak Obama) leader.....

There is no more reason to expect a Romney Presidency would result in Mormon Law than Kennedy's Presidency resulted in us having to eat fish on Friday.

so we should send 10% of the gdp to salt lake city?

Alternative energy????

When did Romney say that the 'call to mormon prayer was one of the prettiest sounds on earth'?

You don't know squat.

Get a clue.

I understand your concern. We separate ourselves. We truly do. I don't know how to explain it. But we choose a path for God or Country.

That really makes no sense does it? Maybe someone else can explain it better. And I'm a free floater here not linked to any crew but just a person of faith.

You're right. Faith I understand. Faith is different. The problem is the organization behind the Faith. It's the Religion. It's the organization behind a faith like Mormonism that causes me to question whether Romney would be able to put the nation ahead of his religion if the two were ever at odds in a decision.

Like I said, I would be concerned by ANY candidate who was as passionate about his church as Mitt Romney is, especially the more rigid faiths like Mormonism is.

I'm a voter and I've a right to my concerns. I don't want to go back to back-alley abortions and drinking from paper bags.

No, I've not heard or read anything specific... but then again, Mitt's been pretty scarce on the specifics and I have a right to fear his attitude.

But your good with a president that says "blasphemers" of the prophet should be punished? Good with a president that writes executive orders contrary to laws passed by congress so that he can ignore his oath to uphold said laws? Got it.

Seems like the "O" has been far less specific than Mitt. What he has been specific about, he has either reneged on or evolved his position on, yet you fear Romney????

Hackery doesn't suit you Joe. You're not very good at it.

Forum List

Back