More good news on the Climate Change front

We as humans can stop pollution. We as humans cannot stop climate change. They are two completely different and distinct things.

Do any of you libs think that pollution and climate change are the same thing?

You keep saying "stop climate change" and I keep saying "Reduce the impact". Its hard to argue with someone when you keep ignoring, yanno, words and stuff.

and if you don't know you're causing it you can't! That's what we're saying. Duh!

I've been waiting eight months now, still no one has proven that. So your concern is invalid. We can't change what we aren't doing.

getting a simple concept through the skull of a liberal is sometimes an impossible task.

We as humans can stop pollution. We as humans cannot stop climate change. They are two completely different and distinct things.

Do any of you libs think that pollution and climate change are the same thing?

You keep saying "stop climate change" and I keep saying "Reduce the impact". Its hard to argue with someone when you keep ignoring, yanno, words and stuff.

before you can make that step you have to prove that the acts of humans have caused the climate of the planet to change. Prove that and then we can talk.

I dont care about talking to you. Science has already proved it and you ignore it.

See the problem is that you ask for proof, then ignore the proof and when asked why you ignore the proof...you dont have proof of your own

More than 70 percent of the energy going into the bulb produces heat rather than light. Fairly simple answer.

Were people complaining about them lights?

So you dont know the answers so you want everyone to consider your ignorance as a point? lol

Oh contrare, i know the answer, and the solution was unwarranted. Again big government sticking its nose into my personal life where it doesn't belong.

before you can make that step you have to prove that the acts of humans have caused the climate of the planet to change. Prove that and then we can talk.

I dont care about talking to you. Science has already proved it and you ignore it.

See the problem is that you ask for proof, then ignore the proof and when asked why you ignore the proof...you dont have proof of your own

Theories are not science or proof. Computer models made by someone with an agenda is not science or proof. The ice at the poles is at record levels, does warming cause more ice?

come on, man. wake up, you have been duped.

you have no proof. How many times must I write that here? You don't. You only think cause someone said it it's so. BS. you show where 120ppm drives climate.

Last edited:

Theories are not science or proof.

Thats not proof humans arent a factor in Global Warming

Computer models made by someone with an agenda is not science or proof.

The ice at the poles is at record levels, does warming cause more ice?

I'm trying but you keep forgetting to link to this information that I'm missing. Lets play a game...I provide evidence with a link, then you provide a rebuttal linking your information. Cool?

Aight...http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/pd/climate/factsheets/howhuman.pdf

Maybe you dont like that one so I'll throw in a bonus:

How are humans responsible for global warming? | Environmental Defense Fund

Scientists have closed the case: Human activity is causing the Earth to get hotter.

How? Primarily by two actions: Burning fossil fuels, with a smaller contribution from clear cutting forests, known as deforestation.

Your turn

pollution is bad, everyone hates pollution.

pollution is not climate change. Pollution is real, man made climate change is fantasy.

Thinking that mankind will be able to stop the change is fantasy.

I agree and thats why no one has ever ever ever stated that stopping change was the goal. The goal is simply to slow it as much as HUMANLY possible. Now if you are saying we as humans can do nothing to slow the effects of Global Warming I'd like to hear it.

Can it be done? Scientifically speaking yes I think there are things we can do to slow it down. Can we do it, as humans? I'm not sure I have that much faith in the human race. Am I alarmed about it. Not much. A warmer world so far has been a boon for the human race. Cheap oil has made the lives of billions possible. Nobody has a crystal ball.

Since theories arent proof why dont you throw yourself off a building since Gravity is just a theory?

No?

ewwsBs8.jpg

Thinking that mankind will be able to stop the change is fantasy.

I agree and thats why no one has ever ever ever stated that stopping change was the goal. The goal is simply to slow it as much as HUMANLY possible. Now if you are saying we as humans can do nothing to slow the effects of Global Warming I'd like to hear it.

Can it be done? Scientifically speaking yes I think there are things we can do to slow it down. Can we do it, as humans? I'm not sure I have that much faith in the human race. Am I alarmed about it. Not much. A warmer world so far has been a boon for the human race. Cheap oil has made the lives of billions possible. Nobody has a crystal ball.

We can slow pollution, we can clean up our air and water. But once again, pollution is not climate change, pollution does not cause climate change.

See that big ball of fire in the sky? Its called the Sun. It controls the climate of our planet, not whether a soccer mom drives a Mercedes or a Prius.

The AGW is about controlling behavior, not about "saving the planet"

Since theories arent proof why dont you throw yourself off a building since Gravity is just a theory?

No?

Gravity is NOT a theory. What drugs are you taking?

Universal Law of Gravitation is a theory

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method, and repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation.[1][2] As with most (if not all) forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and aim for predictive power and explanatory force. [3][4]

No?

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method, and repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation.[1][2] As with most (if not all) forms of scientific knowledge, scientific theories are inductive in nature and aim for predictive power and explanatory force. [3][4]

and it's been proven. One can stand and drop an apple.

Theory is the result of a hypothesis being proven, usually done using an experiment. See you have no theory, since the hypothesis was never proven. Now find that proof and we can continue.

Theory is the result of a hypothesis being proven, usually done using an experiment. See you have no theory, since the hypothesis was never proven. Now find that proof and we can continue.

Once again you give answers when you dont know shit about the subject. The Universal Law of Gravitation says

The benefit of the universal law of gravitation is that it allows us to calculate the gravitational pull between any two objects. This ability is especially useful when scientists are, say, planning to put a satellite in orbit or charting the course of the moon.

Not dropping an apple fucktard

I've got a better idea. Why don't you build a coal fueled house? Make sure you keep all the pollution you create burning your coal on your property too.

I got the same idea, why don't you generate your own electricity and keep whatever pollution it creates on your property? GW/CC/CD is not about pollution BTW.

Power plants are the largest source of carbon pollution in the U.S

If CO2 weren't a pollutant, the EPA couldn't regulate it. But yeah coal fired electric plants put some other nasty compounds in the public commons as well but that doesn't effect global warming really.

ROFL! That's total bullshit. What makes you think facts are an obstacle the Obama or the EPA?

I guess [MENTION=42379]Redfish[/MENTION] didnt want to play a game of "lets compare facts"

I'm trying but you keep forgetting to link to this information that I'm missing. Lets play a game...I provide evidence with a link, then you provide a rebuttal linking your information. Cool?

Aight...http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/pd/climate/factsheets/howhuman.pdf

Scientists have closed the case: Human activity is causing the Earth to get hotter.

How? Primarily by two actions: Burning fossil fuels, with a smaller contribution from clear cutting forests, known as deforestation.

Your turn

But see, you have no proof that humans are. And see the burden is yours to prove it. Not me. I have enough historical data that tells me that AGW is BS. 1940 to 1970 and the last 17 years.

I guess [MENTION=42379]Redfish[/MENTION] didnt want to play a game of "lets compare facts"

first you should provide some facts. See you have no proof that man is causing anything toward GW. that proof of 120PPM CO2 driving climate would be an excellent one.

Your turn

But see, you have no proof that humans are. And see the burden is yours to prove it. Not me. I have enough historical data that tells me that AGW is BS. 1940 to 1970 and the last 17 years.

By no proof you mean the proof I just linked to? Twice?

Your turn...You got proof or nah?

Once again you give answers when you dont know shit about the subject. The Universal Law of Gravitation says

The benefit of the universal law of gravitation is that it allows us to calculate the gravitational pull between any two objects. This ability is especially useful when scientists are, say, planning to put a satellite in orbit or charting the course of the moon.

Not dropping an apple fucktard

hahahaahahahaahahaha, see you don't like simple answers like dropping an apple. See i know that when i drop an apple there is gravity. I can see it and experience it.

What the scientist and such need to know is the force to exert to get the satellite out of the pull of the gravity. Yep got that, that's why they experimented with different types of rockets. See in the accusation of humans causing GW, there has been no experiment to prove that. Fail on the human cause. BTW, humans don't cause gravity either.

Forum List

Back