More good news on the Climate Change front

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Here are three articles that should put to debate into perspective. I am willing to give the CC fearist the benefit of the doubt and say they were just honestly wrong. But now it is time to wake up.

Government Data Show U.S. in Decade-Long Cooling

Government Data Show U.S. in Decade-Long Cooling - Forbes

Responding to widespread criticism that its temperature station readings were corrupted by poor siting issues and suspect adjustments, NOAA established a network of 114 pristinely sited temperature stations spread out fairly uniformly throughout the United States. Because the network, known as the U.S. Climate Reference Network (USCRN), is so uniformly and pristinely situated, the temperature data require no adjustments to provide an accurate nationwide temperature record. USCRN began compiling temperature data in January 2005. Now, nearly a decade later, NOAA has finally made the USCRN temperature readings available.

According to the USCRN temperature readings, U.S. temperatures are not rising at all – at least not since the network became operational 10 years ago. Instead, the United States has cooled by approximately 0.4 degrees Celsius, which is more than half of the claimed global warming of the twentieth century.

Global warming computer models confounded as Antarctic sea ice hits new record high with 2.1million square miles more than is usual for time of year

Read more: Global warming latest: Amount of Antarctic sea ice hits new record high | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Misconceptions helped kill Australian carbon tax

As Obama has sought support for the Environmental Protection Agency's proposed carbon rules, he has noted the political perils.

"If we're blithe about saying this is the defining issue of our time but we don't address people's legitimate economic concerns, then even if they are concerned about climate change they may not support efforts to do something about it," he told the League of Conservation Voters last month.

Australia's tax faces its demise as support for change appears to be rebounding. Forty-five percent of respondents in this year's Lowy poll see global warming as a "serious and pressing problem," up 5 percentage points from 2013 — Australia's hottest year on record.

Meanwhile, Australians are limiting pollution themselves. Australia's power consumption declined for the first time in 2010, and has fallen every year since. Its greenhouse gas emissions dropped a record 0.8 percent from 2012 to 2013.

One reason for the change, according to an Australian Institute think tank report, was all the carbon tax attention. It made many Australians realize how much they were spending on electricity.

The arrogant left won't believe it. It doesn't fit their control agenda.

I am not sure I know their agenda in this matter. What I hope it is not, is what it always seems to be with liberals, they won't admit they were wrong. But I think it is just another way to tear down America.

With AGWCult "science", when the data is at odds with the model, the data is " homogenized " to make it fit the model.

Here are three articles that should put to debate into perspective. I am willing to give the CC fearist the benefit of the doubt and say they were just honestly wrong. But now it is time to wake up.

Responding to widespread criticism that its temperature station readings were corrupted by poor siting issues and suspect adjustments, NOAA established a network of 114 pristinely sited temperature stations spread out fairly uniformly throughout the United States. Because the network, known as the U.S. Climate Reference Network (USCRN), is so uniformly and pristinely situated, the temperature data require no adjustments to provide an accurate nationwide temperature record. USCRN began compiling temperature data in January 2005. Now, nearly a decade later, NOAA has finally made the USCRN temperature readings available.

According to the USCRN temperature readings, U.S. temperatures are not rising at all – at least not since the network became operational 10 years ago. Instead, the United States has cooled by approximately 0.4 degrees Celsius, which is more than half of the claimed global warming of the twentieth century.

Global warming computer models confounded as Antarctic sea ice hits new record high with 2.1million square miles more than is usual for time of year

Read more: Global warming latest: Amount of Antarctic sea ice hits new record high | Mail Online

As Obama has sought support for the Environmental Protection Agency's proposed carbon rules, he has noted the political perils.

"If we're blithe about saying this is the defining issue of our time but we don't address people's legitimate economic concerns, then even if they are concerned about climate change they may not support efforts to do something about it," he told the League of Conservation Voters last month.

Australia's tax faces its demise as support for change appears to be rebounding. Forty-five percent of respondents in this year's Lowy poll see global warming as a "serious and pressing problem," up 5 percentage points from 2013 — Australia's hottest year on record.

Meanwhile, Australians are limiting pollution themselves. Australia's power consumption declined for the first time in 2010, and has fallen every year since. Its greenhouse gas emissions dropped a record 0.8 percent from 2012 to 2013.

One reason for the change, according to an Australian Institute think tank report, was all the carbon tax attention. It made many Australians realize how much they were spending on electricity.

global warming is not about the climate

it is about control

Lunatic deniers ......The science is settled!

:lol:

Future generations will look back and call this "the era of junk science".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many examples that man made climate change is a big fat lie do we need to see in order to believe the truth? It's about controlling your every move people. What you eat, drive, smoke, think, how you vote, where you live, how many offspring you have, whom you vote for, where you work, what you do, and throw in health maintenance provided by the government and you then have complete and total control. Brought to you by your friendly caring neighborhood liberal.

Sure, do. Now, tell me, what is your agenda?

My agenda.....in regards to the climate change issue?

that is the subject

I don't have one. I look at the subject like this.

Clean air and water is better than dirty air and water.
Not being dependent on a finite energy sources is better than being so dependent.

Therefore, I am in favor of policies that promote clean air and water....and that lead to the effective development of renewable energy sources. These things happen to be in line with what science is recommending we do to address climate change.

This reasoned approach only appears like an agenda to nutjobs who are hopelessly mired in the political echo chamber and see such positive things as a power grab.

Last edited:
My agenda.....in regards to the climate change issue?

that is the subject

I don't have one. I look at the subject like this.

Clean air and water is better than dirty air and water.

CO2, unless, in large quantities, is not bad for a person, we are talking GW/CC/CD not pollution. Just yesterday I had a drink that was full of CO2, matter of fact I have a machine that dispenses the stuff.

Not being dependent on a finite energy sources is better than being so dependent.

Again, a noble thought and one I have been pushing for since the 70s because of the global cooling disasters that was pushed then and the long lines at the gas stations. In my opinion that does not mean we have to destroy the economy to do it, matter of fact that is idiotic to do so. So we should keep using what we got, the end is not near, and develop alternatives that people want. I personally do not want to put a coal miner out of work so that some rich person buys a Tesla.

Therefore, I am in favor of policies that promote clean air and water....and that lead to the effective development of renewable energy sources. These things happen to be in line with what science is recommending we do to address climate change.

OK, me too, as long as they are sane and not just agenda driven. If you grew up in the 50s, 60s and 70s you would be laughing at what we call air and water pollution today.

This reasoned approach only appears like an agenda to nutjobs who are hopelessly mired in the political echo chamber and see such positive things as a power grab.

It is an agenda, that is in fact the definition of agenda. My agenda is seeking the truth then acting on that truth. I am not willing to sacrifice truth for an agenda. If GW/CC/CD is true then so be it we should act decisively. But, in my opinion, after listening to the same type of drama back in the 70s and getting all worked up about it then finding out they were, well lying to me because of their agenda, well I ain't gonna let that happen again. So I look at sites like this, Climate at a Glance | National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) and look for myself at what NOAA says. It sure looks like to me that since 1998 there has been no warming. I am not willing to say the Earth has cooled but certainly it can be seen it has not warmed, according to NOAA.

So that leads me to some conclusions.

1. That for some reason the temperature data has leveled off, I am thinking it is because the data in is better then it was back before 1998. Scientist started looking at the information more closely and the need for correction is less today. That is what I see.

2. Perhaps CO2 concentrations have reached equilibrium. In other words it is like adding insulation to your house. At some point more does not really make a difference.

3. Could be that the CO2 concentration is leveling off the dips. In other words we are not going into natural cooling cycles. But a review of the information from NOAA indicates to me that the leveling off of the data has been much longer then any cooling cycle, at least since 1880, But then again I don't have a lot of faith in data much before 1960.

So in my opinion, based solely on GW/CC/CD shutting electric utilities which will put many out of work seems to be the wrong way to go until there is a viable alternative.

[MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION]

Last edited:

it is about control

What, in your opinion, is their goal of this control? Is it, as I suspect, that they just need to be right? That they need to tell everyone what to do and what to think thus increasing their self worth? If there is an agenda what do you think it might be? Honestly not echo chamber BS.

it is about control

What, in your opinion, is their goal of this control? Is it, as I suspect, that they just need to be right? That they need to tell everyone what to do and what to think thus increasing their self worth? If there is an agenda what do you think it might be? Honestly not echo chamber BS.

for ideological and financial reasons

it is about control

no offense my friend but that is not an answer, well a good answer.

no offense my friend but that is not an answer, well a good answer.

it is really not anymore complicated then that

the well connected use the ideological stooges

to their advantage it is repeated over and over

not just in global warming but in many areas

Forum List

Back