More economic GOOD NEWS: GM could post a profit for 2010

Wow. Isn't that cute. GM stands a reasonable chance of turning a profit. If only every business could hold themselves to that standard.

Oh my, I thought corporate profits were BAD and EVIL.

How will liberals reconcile this dilemma.

No that is people like you who have comprehension problems and twist and bastardize anything someone who doesnt agree with them says.

If jyou really listened you would hear the truth but you dont want to truth you want any lie and or bullshit line that helps you cling to your failed ideas.

Corporate profits are fine when they are not sooo excessive that they crash the economy, kinda like the banks who fucked us recently.

I know you will just repete this same stupid lie that Democrats hate corporate profits but at least someone pointed out you are a fucking liar.

Really?

Oil company profits did not make the economy crash.....but they were labelled as Bad and Evil
Insurance company profits did not make the economy crash......but they were labelled as Bad and Evil.
Shall I continue you naive, foul mouthed child?

Oh my, I thought corporate profits were BAD and EVIL.

How will liberals reconcile this dilemma.

No that is people like you who have comprehension problems and twist and bastardize anything someone who doesnt agree with them says.

If jyou really listened you would hear the truth but you dont want to truth you want any lie and or bullshit line that helps you cling to your failed ideas.

Corporate profits are fine when they are not sooo excessive that they crash the economy, kinda like the banks who fucked us recently.

I know you will just repete this same stupid lie that Democrats hate corporate profits but at least someone pointed out you are a fucking liar.

Really?

Oil company profits did not make the economy crash.....but they were labelled as Bad and Evil
Insurance company profits did not make the economy crash......but they were labelled as Bad and Evil.

They were labeled as bad and evil because the American people were LIED to for their profits sake.

There are Americans DEAD right now because Cheney wanted to increase Haliburtons bottom line. I know you like to defend this type of EVIL ( why I dont know) but REAL human beings kinda get MAD when lies for corporate profit get our soldiers killed.

Now notice I did not pretend to speak for you and pull out of my ass (like the poster above) a reason why you defend such Horror and left it to you to explain.

And they said Obama would run them into the ground..

GM could post 2010 profit, CFO says - USATODAY.com

DETROIT — If the economy cooperates and auto sales recover a bit, General Motors has a reasonable chance of turning a full-year profit in 2010, its new chief financial officer said Wednesday.
Former Microsoft CFO Chris Liddell, at his first meeting with reporters in Detroit, said the automaker is making money in Brazil and China, in the middle in North America and struggling in Europe.

"Relative to where we were a couple of years ago, that's enormous progress,"
he said in a conference room at GM's downtown Detroit headquarters.

A full-year profit for GM, which left bankruptcy protection in July, would be the company's first since 2004 when it made $2.7 billion. It has posted more than $88 billion in losses since then.

Just how did 0bama help GM make a profit in Brazil and China? I read the article to say they lost money in Europe and are breaking even in the US. Wonder how much more they could have made if they do been allowed to go bankrupt before the bailout money, which delayed the bankruptcy. An extra six months of turnaround time could have meant a profit here too.

Really?

They were labeled as bad and evil because the American people were LIED to for their profits sake.

There are Americans DEAD right now because Cheney wanted to increase Haliburtons bottom line. I know you like to defend this type of EVIL ( why I dont know) but REAL human beings kinda get MAD when lies for corporate profit get our soldiers killed.

Now notice I did not pretend to speak for you and pull out of my ass (like the poster above) a reason why you defend such Horror and left it to you to explain.

I ask about Oil companies labelled as bad and evil due to their profits and Insurance comapnies labelled the same for the same reason and you go off on some rant about Cheney.

Seems You been taking lessons from Obama.

ANSWER THE QUESTION......I bet you cant.....prove me wrong.

Whose JOB is it to mind the cookie jar? :eusa_whistle:

It's not Wall Street's job to write law... it's Barney Frank's job, and Chris Dodd's job, and all the other ELECTED legislators we send to Washington to mind that cookie jar. NO corporate CEO could take advantage of a loophole in the law if that loophole isn't there.

The responsibility lies with the people who were elected and paid to write the law and to enforce it.

Whose JOB is it to mind the cookie jar? :eusa_whistle:

It's not Wall Street's job to write law... it's Barney Frank's job, and Chris Dodd's job, and all the other ELECTED legislators we send to Washington to mind that cookie jar. NO corporate CEO could take advantage of a loophole in the law if that loophole isn't there.

The responsibility lies with the people who were elected and paid to write the law and to enforce it.

Let's not confuse who's job it is, with whose responsibility it is. We are all suppose to be responsible.

Well then... one would think you'd be particularly outraged at Jeffrey Immelt's contemptible ass perched right up in the middle of Obama's Economic Recovery Board, considering that GE was still sending airplane parts to Iran while they were providing IED's to insurgents on the Iraqi border. Or considering that GE stands to make a buttload of money off the government seizure of our medical records... not to mention all the "green energy" dough they'll rake in on Obama's energy policy. :evil:

Let's not confuse who's job it is, with whose responsibility it is. We are all suppose to be responsible.

It's alot easier to be responsible when Congress isn't abusing its regulatory power to pressure lenders inito loosening their lending standards.

Really?

I am not sure which is a bigger trait in you..... Immaturity or stupidity. Heck, doesn't matter, you usually show both in all your posts.

Along the same line of wishful thinking the USA COULD post a month where we actually create more jobs than we lose in 2010 too :)

Fingers crossed.

NO comments on us losing 700 thousand jobs a month (Bush) to where we are now (Obama)? What changed to make those numbers happen?

People are starting to NEED more goods and services again.
You know...what happens EVERYTIME we have a recession, and start a recovery.

Your question should be...why is this recession taking so much longer to recover from than any other...with the exceptyion of the 30's-40's one and the lost decade of Japan?

Gee..wait a minute....hmmmm.....do you see what I see? Seems the only recessions that took longer to recover from than all of the others are the ones where the government tried to stimulate the economy with massive amounts of cash....

Coincidence?

your 'coincidence' cant draw cause to effect. increased government spending is a remedy applied to many economic downturns (if not all). that would be a constant. in fact, our work to prod and enable lending again, even at tremendous stimulus cost, is an attempt to avoid what happened in japan.

the obvious coincidence that i am left with is the severity of the recession. have you taken into consideration that this is the largest recession since the 30s?

NO comments on us losing 700 thousand jobs a month (Bush) to where we are now (Obama)? What changed to make those numbers happen?

Your question should be...why is this recession taking so much longer to recover from than any other...with the exceptyion of the 30's-40's one and the lost decade of Japan?

Gee..wait a minute....hmmmm.....do you see what I see? Seems the only recessions that took longer to recover from than all of the others are the ones where the government tried to stimulate the economy with massive amounts of cash....

Coincidence?

your 'coincidence' cant draw cause to effect. increased government spending is a remedy applied to many economic downturns (if not all). that would be a constant. in fact, our work to prod and enable lending again, even at tremendous stimulus cost, is an attempt to avoid what happened in japan.

the obvious coincidence that i am left with is the severity of the recession. have you taken into consideration that this is the largest recession since the 30s?

What defines it as the "largest" recession? I have never heard that term used to describe a recession.

I have heard "longest"....I have heard "deepest" which was used to describe the impact on employment....but the largest?

Unemplyment never went above 10%.....so what makes it the largest?

Now that they are posting a profit, maybe Obama can make them pay for their caustic environmental sites cleanup they dumped on the taxpayer through bankruptcy?

Did anyone see that one? Walked right away from all their polluted sites, and we got the bill. Huge mess.

Along the same line of wishful thinking the USA COULD post a month where we actually create more jobs than we lose in 2010 too :)

Fingers crossed.

Stay tuned..

Should happen sometime this spring according to hiring projections

According to the amount of custom work i've had flowing in here the last few weeks I'd say some people are making money again.

Here is hoping :eusa_pray:

Fingers crossed.

I just assumed the members of this forum were smart enough to know the job losses under bush were atrocious at the end of his last term.

Why do you feel the need to berate me for hoping for a month of job creation after 20 months of job loss?

Fingers crossed.

Coincidence?

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it ;).

Well, if they didn't take advantage of the bankruptcy process to write down a lot of assets and liabilities and avoid the subsequent charges to the income statement, then they are even bigger morons than they appeared to be at the time.

Of course they should be heading toward profitability. The BK process enables a company to get rid of debts and expenses that are driving it into insolvency.

D'Oh.

but, boedicca, profitability is not a given when emerging from bankruptcy. debt is not the only thing encumbering cyclical profit.

Coincidence?

What defines it as the "largest" recession? I have never heard that term used to describe a recession.

I have heard "longest"....I have heard "deepest" which was used to describe the impact on employment....but the largest?

Unemplyment never went above 10%.....so what makes it the largest?

'deepest', then. unemployment has nothing to do with recession, per sa... could maybe qualify depression.

'long' and 'deep' refer to how long the GDP remained below the point it was determined to have shrunk(frequency), and how much it shrank(amplitude), respectively.

was it semantics that clouded your recognizing how virtually all recessions' length, even depth was abridged with government spending?

Forum List

Back