Honda and GM SCRAP $5 billion plan to develop more affordable electric vehicles – after Ford boss warned eco cars had become a ‘political football’

Wind, solar, hydroelectric, nuclear, fusion (soon enough).

Oh please, give me a break.

They have been promising fusion power for over half a century now. And we are still absolutely no closer to that today than we were then.

And I bet in another 250 years people will still be trying to say it is "right around the corner".

Gotta love it when people try to propose solutions that are completely impossible.

Oh please, give me a break.

They have been promising fusion power for over half a century now. And we are still absolutely no closer to that today than we were then.

And I bet in another 250 years people will still be trying to say it is "right around the corner".

Gotta love it when people try to propose solutions that are completely impossible.

You haven't been following the news. And YouTube ain't the place to find it.

Dealers are being told to return them. Minor distinction.

Yeah, it’s a factory recall. Not because there is no demand.

Ford confirmed that it has temporarily cut a shift at its F-150 Lightning electric pickup plant in Detroit, possibly signaling demand is drying up for the highly rated EV.

Ford confirmed that it has temporarily cut a shift at its F-150 Lightning electric pickup plant in Detroit, possibly signaling demand is drying up for the highly rated EV.

Ford cancels dealer stock orders of 2023 F-150 Lightning to do quality checks​

Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press
https://www.freep.com/picture-galle...anything-ford-has-built-118-years/7411254001/
Dealer stock orders for the 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning were canceled in the U.S. in recent days, the Detroit Free Press has learned.
Ford confirmed Monday that the all-electric pickups are undergoing "additional quality checks" at the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center.
Ford is now working to match its 2023 supply with demand as the company prepares to change over to 2024 Lightning production later this year, said Ford spokesman Marty Gunsberg.
Ford restarted production of the all-electric Ford F-150 Lightning on July 31, 2023, after taking the plant down to retool and expand production capabilities in Dearborn.

"As a result, we have canceled some dealer stock orders not submitted as pre-sold" for model year 2023, Gunsberg told the Free Press. Gunsberg noted that customer orders had not been canceled.
"Our manufacturing team is critical to our quality efforts because they are the last line of defense for delivery to our customers," he said. "We've identified a couple of additional areas where we believe additional checks are necessary as we ramp up production."
Ford restarted production of the all-electric Ford F-150 Lightning on July 31, 2023, after taking the plant down to retool and expand production capabilities in Dearborn.

The issue is not safety-related, Gunsberg said.
The estimated number of canceled orders could not be immediately confirmed by Ford.
Earlier this year, Lightning production shut down for five weeks after a fire in a Dearborn holding lot. The fire burned one pickup truck and spread to two others. No injuries were involved. At issue was the battery itself, not vehicle assembly. Battery production for the Lightning begins in Atlanta, with Ford battery supplier SK On; the battery is assembled at the Rawsonville Ford Plant in Ypsilanti. Ford worked with SK On to identify the battery issue and remedy the situation. Production restarted in March.

The company reports third-quarter sales of Lightning and all its other vehicles on Wednesday.

Both makers in early 2022 developed plans to expand EV production.... both makers canceled those plans.

To boot - GM also postponing, probably canceling opening a second factory to produce EV trucks -

GM is expanding and now releasing Hydrogen fuel cells -

Is this the beginning of the end of the inevitable death of the EV?

Government meddling. From crooked cops to crooked politicians thy destroy the taxpayer and the economy. Ontario spent 10s of billions on these climate change boondoggles while our best and brightest leave for happier shores since they can't afford to live here.

Silly man, Toyota is developing a solid state battery that has a 700 mile range and takes 10-15 minutes for a full charge.

It's just getting started, and when everyone wants an EV, everyone will make one.
READ: Two giant auto manufacturers postponing/canceling EV manufacturing in favor of hydrogen cells... yeah.. I will ignore that because i like this news instead... because.. you know...

READ: Two giant auto manufacturers postponing/canceling EV manufacturing in favor of hydrogen cells... yeah.. I will ignore that because i like this news instead... because.. you know...
W. pushed hydrogen cells early in his administration as President. Progs came to power and cancelled it. W. did not push it afterward. Politicians play games with us with their hair rained ideas and their thoughts of personal godliness. If the electric vehicle is our future, it would come without Progs and their agendas. they just want to take credit and most of the technologies exist now however implementing those things needs a lot of other things.

Silly man, Toyota is developing a solid state battery that has a 700 mile range and takes 10-15 minutes for a full charge.

It's just getting started, and when everyone wants an EV, everyone will make one.
Sounds very impressive. The market should respond very favorably to a vehicle with 700 miles per charge. There should be no need for government mandates.

Forum List

Back