More BS from Washington

Best light machine gunner I had in a combat support service platoon was a lesbian, Ollie. She could carry the weapon, her pack, and anything else given to her all day, set up on the flank with a designated LOF without supervision, and put down a grazing fire that was a sight to behold. She was 5'5" and 145 pounds, and not afraid of anything. And I am sure that you have seen some senior NCO blowouts that made your pictures look very tame.

Last edited:
My, my, my..... How much you read into this.

The pentagon did not order a fly-over by the Blue Angels or order the Marine Marching Band to play a few numbers. A few people asked permission to wear their uniforms and that permission was given. That is all that happened.

Really... get a grip. The world is not coming to an end and no one is going to be dragging you to a concentration camp.

You really don't get it, do you? The problem here is that this is the first step down the slippery slope to an openly political military whose allegiance is no longer to the constitution, but to the party/ideology/individual in power. You, are fine with this, because that ideology/party/individual which wants such a thing happens to be YOURS, therefore, you don't care about this step into Stalinism. You had better be damn careful what you wish for, because by setting a precedent like this, you just might get it; and somehow I doubt you'd appreciate the irony if the other side just happened to be in power when it occurred!

I do get it. You have no faith in our country.

No. I have no faith in politicians in general and this administration in particular. See the difference?

Yeah...not so much when we're already skidding on our asses down a slope slicked with liberal bullshit.

It must be hell to be so afraid.

Who's afraid. I'm just logging more time than I'd like on the range and at the reloading bench. You, on the other hand, should be careful what you wish for, your wishes may come true.

You're just logging more time than you would like with your weapons, but you are not afraid. Sure. I'm logging my time doing what I like to do. Life is too precious to be wasted on being afraid you might lose it.

My wishes have already come true. I live in a free society. It is filled with people I disagree with and they are free to do so. So long as that is going on, I'm not concerned about my country. So long as they are all standing up and arguing with each other, I sleep just fine. And friend, believe it or not, the reason no one has smashed down your door in the middle of the night is because no one is going to. Assuming you don't let your fear get the best of you.

You really don't get it, do you? The problem here is that this is the first step down the slippery slope to an openly political military whose allegiance is no longer to the constitution, but to the party/ideology/individual in power. You, are fine with this, because that ideology/party/individual which wants such a thing happens to be YOURS, therefore, you don't care about this step into Stalinism. You had better be damn careful what you wish for, because by setting a precedent like this, you just might get it; and somehow I doubt you'd appreciate the irony if the other side just happened to be in power when it occurred!

I do get it. You have no faith in our country.

No. I have no faith in politicians in general and this administration in particular. See the difference?

I see the difference. I also see what you wrote. You weren't talking about politicians or the administration. You were talking about me. And really a very generic "me".

I have no faith in politicians. I assume they are lying any time they open their mouths. I didn't vote for Obama. But you presume, because I didn't automatically get into lock step with your personal ideology that you know what my ideology is. Then you toss out the ridiculous reference to Stalinism. You clearly don't even know what that is.

I wasn't involved in the decision for this little march, but I suspect I understand the reason persmission was given. They are attempting to change a lot of attitudes within the military. They went through the same kind of process when they stopped being segregated. So they are being a little more liberal to make this smoother. They are sending a message so no one is unclear about where the top brass stands on the issue.

Now, you can disagree with that decision. Having no responsibility in the matter, there are no consequences to your disagreement. But to indicate this is a sign of the politicalization of the military and a step towards Stalinism is monumentally absurd. It's like seeing a mouse and running around in circles waving your arms over your head shrieking, "Lion! Lion! Lion!."

I said you have no faith in this country. You seem to say you do. But if you do, then why this overreaction? You think this nation can't survive a president with a different ideology than you?

Just the image we need to project with our military.....

628x471.jpg

potd-gay-pride_2257916k.jpg

You're right. Balloons. Very scary stuff.

Ollie, do you really think that the left would support it if the President of the United States authorized the military to march, in uniform, in a parade called "Heterosexual Pride Day"?

They would be castigated for supporting a position...

More hypocracy from the left. But typical... nothing new here...

Ollie, do you really think that the left would support it if the President of the United States authorized the military to march, in uniform, in a parade called "Heterosexual Pride Day"?

They would be castigated for supporting a position...

More hypocracy from the left. But typical... nothing new here...

Well, if they did they would be overreacting and silly.

Best light machine gunner I had in a combat support service platoon was a lesbian, Ollie. She could carry the weapon, her pack, and anything else given to her all day, set up on the flank with a designated LOF without supervision, and put down a grazing fire that was a sight to behold. She was 5'5" and 145 pounds, and not afraid of anything. And I am sure that you have seen some senior NCO blowouts that made your pictures look very tame.

So what are you going to say when there are Uniformed troops on the stage with Romney and Obama? Once you give out one exemption how many more will follow?

Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr, Reagan, Carter, and Ford (this is what I can remember) had uniformed personnel on their stages at various times. A general with whom I traveled several times on duty used to say that RR did not refrain from having the uniforms in attendance.

Ollie, let it go. You disagree with the policy. Cool. The brass disagrees. We have to live with it.

So what are you going to say when there are Uniformed troops on the stage with Romney and Obama? Once you give out one exemption how many more will follow?

I will cry bullshit on this one. Having been a company 1SG, I know what women, particularly the smaller ones, are up against to do what you are describing. Unless she bench-pressed 400#, and could clean and jerk close to 200#, you are full of shit. Was she as tough, mentally, as a guy? Of that I have little doubt. But guess what, I've known straight sisters who did pretty impressive things in the military, physically and mentally. So her being a lesbian really plays no important role in your fantasy tale. At least you didn't have to worry as much that she'd get knocked up to get out of details.

It must be hell to be so afraid.

Who's afraid. I'm just logging more time than I'd like on the range and at the reloading bench. You, on the other hand, should be careful what you wish for, your wishes may come true.

You're just logging more time than you would like with your weapons, but you are not afraid. Sure. I'm logging my time doing what I like to do. Life is too precious to be wasted on being afraid you might lose it.

My wishes have already come true. I live in a free society. It is filled with people I disagree with and they are free to do so. So long as that is going on, I'm not concerned about my country. So long as they are all standing up and arguing with each other, I sleep just fine. And friend, believe it or not, the reason no one has smashed down your door in the middle of the night is because no one is going to. Assuming you don't let your fear get the best of you.

Firearms, shitbag. Big difference. They are tools to accomplish some work. As much as my sense of Schadenfreude would be justified watching all the libturds getting their wish with a second term for their king and messiah, I really would like to see some other outcome. As far as I'm concerned, there will be violence. Sooner, if the libturds house boy loses, later if he wins. But this country is on the wrong track. Enjoy your "freedom" (if you want to call it that), you may not have it much longer. Your libturd loyalty will not buy you and special favor in the long run. As a matter-of-fact, your libturd masters know just how ephemeral the loyalties of their base are.

Then you were a piss poor 1SG if you do not stand up for your troops, as well as a liar. Your comments below are absolute nonsense. You have nothing worth to say. I served in the infantry, I was airborne qualified, I loved my time in the field, I never falsified for my troops, and I won't here. The troop was great, and apparently a better person in integrity than you, sad sack.

sad sack, you are the BS Joe Paterno of the board.

I will cry bullshit on this one. Having been a company 1SG, I know what women, particularly the smaller ones, are up against to do what you are describing. Unless she bench-pressed 400#, and could clean and jerk close to 200#, you are full of shit. Was she as tough, mentally, as a guy? Of that I have little doubt. But guess what, I've known straight sisters who did pretty impressive things in the military, physically and mentally. So her being a lesbian really plays no important role in your fantasy tale. At least you didn't have to worry as much that she'd get knocked up to get out of details.

Last edited:

Firearms, shitbag. Big difference. They are tools to accomplish some work. As much as my sense of Schadenfreude would be justified watching all the libturds getting their wish with a second term for their king and messiah, I really would like to see some other outcome. As far as I'm concerned, there will be violence. Sooner, if the libturds house boy loses, later if he wins. But this country is on the wrong track. Enjoy your "freedom" (if you want to call it that), you may not have it much longer. Your libturd loyalty will not buy you and special favor in the long run. As a matter-of-fact, your libturd masters know just how ephemeral the loyalties of their base are.

If playing silly word games makes you think it makes a difference, enjoy yourself. I can only repeat myself, it must be hell to be that afraid.

If playing silly word games makes you think it makes a difference, enjoy yourself. I can only repeat myself, it must be hell to be that afraid.

gw is simply 14 hiding in a closet with a computer and an ISP.

Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr, Reagan, Carter, and Ford (this is what I can remember) had uniformed personnel on their stages at various times. A general with whom I traveled several times on duty used to say that RR did not refrain from having the uniforms in attendance.

Ollie, let it go. You disagree with the policy. Cool. The brass disagrees. We have to live with it.

There have been no troops in uniform at political events, Not without paying the price for it. You know that as well as i do. And it is not policy that I disagree with, it is the exception to policy.... And they even admitted that it was due to National pressure.

It's more special handling for the newest minority in the military, and it is still wrong. I do hope that good combat Marine sues and gets his discharge changed, Plus some cash for his frustration.......

Then you were a piss poor 1SG if you do not stand up for your troops, as well as a liar. Your comments below are absolute nonsense. You have nothing worth to say. I served in the infantry, I was airborne qualified, I loved my time in the field, I never falsified for my troops, and I won't here. The troop was great, and apparently a better person in integrity than you, sad sack.

Just how did you get that I did not stand up for my troops out of what I wrote? If you were, as you claim, airborne infantry, you had damned little to do with female troops. So tell me again, how many women worked for you, how many were lesbians, and just how the lesbians were so much better than straight women? How long did you serve in the infantry, and exactly what rank did you retire at? Really, now inquiring minds are interested.

There have been no troops in uniform at political events, Not without paying the price for it. You know that as well as i do. And it is not policy that I disagree with, it is the exception to policy.... And they even admitted that it was due to National pressure.

It's more special handling for the newest minority in the military, and it is still wrong. I do hope that good combat Marine sues and gets his discharge changed, Plus some cash for his frustration.......

Ollie,
He may be referring to the times when a president appears on board base. Of course, they round up as many personnel as possible, bus them to a central location, hand them flags, and march them into the gym. When the CinC appears on stage, he's often flanked by the local brass. In essence, those appearances are supposed to be supportive of the troops, not a political rally. But I can see where those of weaker minds and lesser comprehension might confuse the two.
As far as your OP, you are correct. There has been an unequal application of the UCMJ wherein a "straight" individual has been punished and "gay" personnel are granted an exception for the same type of political activity. It's a sad day when the UCMJ is applied according to political principle.

Sad Sack, because of what you wrote is why? I was responsible for several hundred female troops among several thousand males over several years, Sad Sack. I am telling you what this one female soldier did, and she did it regularly, so I know you are a liar, because you had women who could do the same.

You remind me of a sergeant I knew by the name of Copeland (he made it all the way to CSM), but he deeply resented females for whatever reason, and just like you, he made it hard for them.

I am so glad our armed forces are being less and less saddled with your types.

Just how did you get that I did not stand up for my troops out of what I wrote? If you were, as you claim, airborne infantry, you had damned little to do with female troops. So tell me again, how many women worked for you, how many were lesbians, and just how the lesbians were so much better than straight women? How long did you serve in the infantry, and exactly what rank did you retire at? Really, now inquiring minds are interested.

Bush's handlers were really good at getting troops to back drop events.

Ollie,
He may be referring to the times when a president appears on board base. Of course, they round up as many personnel as possible, bus them to a central location, hand them flags, and march them into the gym. When the CinC appears on stage, he's often flanked by the local brass. In essence, those appearances are supposed to be supportive of the troops, not a political rally. But I can see where those of weaker minds and lesser comprehension might confuse the two.
As far as your OP, you are correct. There has been an unequal application of the UCMJ wherein a "straight" individual has been punished and "gay" personnel are granted an exception for the same type of political activity. It's a sad day when the UCMJ is applied according to political principle.

Sad Sack, because of what you wrote is why? I was responsible for several hundred female troops among several thousand males over several years, Sad Sack. I am telling you what this one female soldier did, and she did it regularly, so I know you are a liar, because you had women who could do the same.

You remind me of a sergeant I knew by the name of Copeland (he made it all the way to CSM), but he deeply resented females for whatever reason, and just like you, he made it hard for them.

I am so glad our armed forces are being less and less saddled with your types.

I am so glad that you think you know so much about me that you can make that kind of assumption. Was you lesbian so great because she was a lesbian? Of because she was a dedicated soldier? If the former, maybe we should make a point of enlisting lesbians instead of limp-wristed, girly-man faggots? Or maybe just dress the "boys" as "girls" and count them as lesbians, too?

Forum List

Back