More BS from Washington

YOU are the hypocrite. Tell me, does placing an army recruiting ad on CBS "commercially endorse" CBS? That's what you implied with the above silliness; I'd love to see you try to make that case in ANY court, civil or military. Attempt at diversion-FAIL! Drawing a false equivalence between THAT and a political endorsement while in uniform? Even YOU aren't that stupid-close maybe, but not quite!

Oh, and for you, Jake, there's no equivalence between changing or waiving regulations on political expression by uniformed personnel, and integrating the military, or expanding the role of women in the military, or even repealing DADT. This is NOT "social engineering", it is a bald faced attempt to blatantly politicize our Armed Forces, an act dangerous at best, and treasonous at worst. What's next, uniformed military personnel at Obama rallies? I would not be surprised! This is America, NOT Nazi Germany, and the very thought ought to be repugnant to ANY American, but not democrats, who, one supposes, want our troops to become Obama's personal version of the Schutzstaffel! Next, I suppose you'll want to change the oath of service from the Constitution to the person of "Dear Leader"! My comments on whoever did this still stand; I'd salute the rank, but not the individual wearing it, as that individual has sacrificed integrity (the kind I learned in OCS), for career and cheap political expediency, and as a result is not fit to shine a slick-sleeve private's boots, much less be an officer! I could say the same thing for the scrawny little dictator who ordered him to do it, too, except that he's a permanent civilian, and thus doesn't know any better.

My, my, my..... How much you read into this.

The pentagon did not order a fly-over by the Blue Angels or order the Marine Marching Band to play a few numbers. A few people asked permission to wear their uniforms and that permission was given. That is all that happened.

Really... get a grip. The world is not coming to an end and no one is going to be dragging you to a concentration camp.

And that call was wrong..........

You are free to have that opinion. It was, however, a call the pentagon was within its right to make. No violation of any regulation is going on nor is this a sign of the military becoming some private force for the president. You can disagree with the decision, but let's not blow it up into something it is not.

NHRA Races are NOT A commercial product?
NASCAR Races are NOT a commercial product?
The UFC is NOT a commercial product?

Looks like the Army Command is a bunch of hypocrites.

Also, don't watch these telecasts Ollie, there may be GAYS participating in them! You don't need ANOTHER coronary! :D

YOU are the hypocrite. Tell me, does placing an army recruiting ad on CBS "commercially endorse" CBS? That's what you implied with the above silliness; I'd love to see you try to make that case in ANY court, civil or military. Attempt at diversion-FAIL! Drawing a false equivalence between THAT and a political endorsement while in uniform? Even YOU aren't that stupid-close maybe, but not quite!

Oh, and for you, Jake, there's no equivalence between changing or waiving regulations on political expression by uniformed personnel, and integrating the military, or expanding the role of women in the military, or even repealing DADT. This is NOT "social engineering", it is a bald faced attempt to blatantly politicize our Armed Forces, an act dangerous at best, and treasonous at worst. What's next, uniformed military personnel at Obama rallies? I would not be surprised! This is America, NOT Nazi Germany, and the very thought ought to be repugnant to ANY American, but not democrats, who, one supposes, want our troops to become Obama's personal version of the Schutzstaffel! Next, I suppose you'll want to change the oath of service from the Constitution to the person of "Dear Leader"! My comments on whoever did this still stand; I'd salute the rank, but not the individual wearing it, as that individual has sacrificed integrity (the kind I learned in OCS), for career and cheap political expediency, and as a result is not fit to shine a slick-sleeve private's boots, much less be an officer! I could say the same thing for the scrawny little dictator who ordered him to do it, too, except that he's a permanent civilian, and thus doesn't know any better.

The pentagon did not order a fly-over by the Blue Angels or order the Marine Marching Band to play a few numbers. A few people asked permission to wear their uniforms and that permission was given. That is all that happened.

Really... get a grip. The world is not coming to an end and no one is going to be dragging you to a concentration camp.

You really don't get it, do you? The problem here is that this is the first step down the slippery slope to an openly political military whose allegiance is no longer to the constitution, but to the party/ideology/individual in power. You, are fine with this, because that ideology/party/individual which wants such a thing happens to be YOURS, therefore, you don't care about this step into Stalinism. You had better be damn careful what you wish for, because by setting a precedent like this, you just might get it; and somehow I doubt you'd appreciate the irony if the other side just happened to be in power when it occurred!

No, it's not to the comment "this is the first step down the slippery slope to an openly political military whose allegiance is no longer to the constitution, but to the party/ideology/individual in power"

What a stupid, stupid comment by The Gadfly.

You really don't get it, do you? The problem here is that this is the first step down the slippery slope to an openly political military whose allegiance is no longer to the constitution, but to the party/ideology/individual in power. You, are fine with this, because that ideology/party/individual which wants such a thing happens to be YOURS, therefore, you don't care about this step into Stalinism. You had better be damn careful what you wish for, because by setting a precedent like this, you just might get it; and somehow I doubt you'd appreciate the irony if the other side just happened to be in power when it occurred!

And that call was wrong..........

You are free to have that opinion. It was, however, a call the pentagon was within its right to make. No violation of any regulation is going on nor is this a sign of the military becoming some private force for the president. You can disagree with the decision, but let's not blow it up into something it is not.

What it is, is a completely needless step onto a slippery slope. The very freedom of this republic depends on a military which stays the hell out of politics, especially domestic politics. The day that separation between the military and domestic politics is lost, America will become no different from Hitler's Germany, or Stalin's Russia; the Armed Forces will then become a tool for political suppression of the opposition. It has occurred elsewhere, and it CAN happen here, if the military does not stay above and away from politics. Stalin did it, Hitler did it, Mussolini did it, Mao did it, and now, Obama and his minions have made it clear they wish to do the same. You had better wake up and realize what a potentially nasty little dictator you liberals have put in power. He does not give a damn for the constitution, this Republic, or anything else but personal power. Let him lose this election, or seriously believe he is going to lose it, and you'll soon see his true color-RED.

The only slippery slope is the nonsense that The Gadfly and the extremists are somehow going to save our American freedoms. They will only take our freedoms away.

74299_600.jpg

Funny thing is, I've seen many, many photos and videos of gay pride demonstrations of various types from all over the world. Based on how they appear and how they behave while cavorting among their peers, while they may have "pride", they certainly have no self-respect. What a shame that some gays feel the need to disrespect the uniform they wear and what it stands for.

Then don't serve with them.

Funny thing is, I've seen many, many photos and videos of gay pride demonstrations of various types from all over the world. Based on how they appear and how they behave while cavorting among their peers, while they may have "pride", they certainly have no self-respect. What a shame that some gays feel the need to disrespect the uniform they wear and what it stands for.

I do get it. You have no faith in our country.

Well, Slick, I have fortunately been retired almost as long as I served and I am damned happy I don't have to serve in this..."man's" Army. Even the Corps has "evolved" into a bunch of pussies when you compare them to what they used to be.

Yeah...not so much when we're already skidding on our asses down a slope slicked with liberal bullshit.

Every generation of retirees say the same thing, I imagine.

America is better of without a sexist, homophobic military service.

Well, Slick, I have fortunately been retired almost as long as I served and I am damned happy I don't have to serve in this..."man's" Army. Even the Corps has "evolved" into a bunch of pussies when you compare them to what they used to be.

Yeah...not so much when we're already skidding on our asses down a slope slicked with liberal bullshit.

It must be hell to be so afraid.

Cannot endorse any political party or movement or any commercial product.

Also, don't watch these telecasts Ollie, there may be GAYS participating in them! You don't need ANOTHER coronary!

In reality the Army car was an advertisement. But I don't expect losers to understand the difference.

When does the military make an exception to a DOD directive? I'm sorry but I don't recall this ever happening for a social experiment before.

Why are the gays who now serve openly in the military being treated with special attention?

Not equal, but special........

But you just keep on hating anything that you don't have a clue about.
Hating what? I don't hate Gays, but it appears YOU DO.

Idiots just refuse to understand............
Typical Ollie arguments go like this:

1. Shut up!
2. No it isn't!
3. You're an idiot!

"Genius" Ollie doesn't know that we're not his troopies and the UCMJ doesn't apply to us.

Also, don't watch these telecasts Ollie, there may be GAYS participating in them! You don't need ANOTHER coronary!

In reality the Army car was an advertisement. But I don't expect losers to understand the difference.

When does the military make an exception to a DOD directive? I'm sorry but I don't recall this ever happening for a social experiment before.

Why are the gays who now serve openly in the military being treated with special attention?

Not equal, but special........

But you just keep on hating anything that you don't have a clue about.
Hating what? I don't hate Gays, but it appears YOU DO.

Idiots just refuse to understand............
Typical Ollie arguments go like this:

1. Shut up!
2. No it isn't!
3. You're an idiot!

"Genius" Ollie doesn't know that we're not his troopies and the UCMJ doesn't apply to us.

Let me try one more time to get through the cloud around your brain. Normally, and this thread included, the first sentence or paragraph of the OP tells what the thread is about.
This is just wrong.........

This decision goes against all military regs. In fact a US Combat Marine was just discharged for breaking the same reg in the UCMJ, (in particular DOD Directive 1344.10), recently by posting on facebook........

Do you see a fucking word about gays there?

This could have been troops wanting to wear their uniform at any other political event you can dream up. I would still say it was wrong.

Afraid of Gays? Not hardly, or don't you read enough to know that my stepson is gay and that he and his partner used to live at my place?

Do keep trying, someday you might be right..

gallantwarrior is living in delusional world again.

There is a commie behind you. Boo!

Forum List

Back