More Americans want states to ignore federal courts

Yeppers, Eisenhower was a liberal

Yes, he was. This is the same man who invented the American welfare system.

and Wallace a conservative

Yes, he was. He was a Dixiecrat populist. Truth....you should try it sometime.

Try again, FDR is responsible for our welfare state, with LBJ kicking in his two cents.

Dixiecrats, if anything were democrats. Nothing Wallace did makes him a conservative. He didn't obey the law, he put himself above the law, just like liberals. Eisenhower enforced the laws just like a good conservative does.

We saw the same reaction from conservatives after Brown vs Board of Education
You mean the democratic party members....and of course SANE NORMAL people would be pissed when their children are forced into schools with ******* who have no interest in learning...as time has shown it was a waste of time and big big mistake. Test scores have gone down,gangs,crime,drugs have gone up and all non white schools for the most part of full of criminals.
No, we are talking asshole conservatives.
The same asshole conservatives who oppose gay marriage
Democrats were the ones that didn't want apes and humans in school together...same party you vote for. :) I am not a conservative although I am against faggot "marriage" and integration which has done nothing positive.
More conservative hatred of the Constitution on the 4th of July
First note that this gratuitous judicial-review power — where courts’ rulings on law are considered to constrain all three branches of government — is not found in the Constitution. Rather, it was unilaterally declared by the Court itself in the 1803 Marbury v. Madison decision. In other words, Rasmussen’s supposition about the courts’ role does not align with constitutionalism.

But critics would say that this is putting it lightly. Justice Scalia wrote in his Obergefell dissent that the Court has actually become “a threat to American democracy.” And this just reflects what founder Thomas Jefferson warned when he said that if the Court was not reminded of its impotence, if it comes to be viewed as having ultimate-arbiter (judicial review) power, our Constitution will have become “a suicide pact.” As I wrote just last week:

Jefferson explained the problem with judicial review, writing, “For intending to establish three departments, co-ordinate and independent, that they might check and balance one another, it has given, according to this [judicial review] opinion, to one of them alone, the right to prescribe rules for the government of the others, and to that one too, which is unelected by, and independent of the nation.... The constitution, on this hypothesis, is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist, and shape into any form they please.”

Jefferson also pointed out, correctly, that “Our judges are as honest as other men and not more so. They have with others the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps.” …Judicial review is “a very dangerous doctrine indeed,” Jefferson warned in 1820, “and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.”

Jefferson also wrote that nullification — states’ ignoring of federal dictates — is the “rightful remedy” for all central-government usurpation of states’ powers. Of course, this includes plainly unconstitutional rulings by oligarchic federal courts.

Guess Jefferson was just an unamerican SOB eh!?
Marbury vs Madison established judicial review over two hundred years ago.....you are a little late in your opposition to it

But you are free to use the Constitution to reverse it
That's from the article...not me.Jefferson must be an un american sob eh? He was for and called for nullification.
Jefferson lost, just like conservatives today will lose
So you are FOR the constitution when its bent and broken to fit YOUR view of how the world is but you hate it when its not...gotcha...and no just because the PC are trying to force America into the shitter doesn't mean us normal folks are losing or giving up push to hard and we all know what can and will happen...
Not worthy of a reply

I'm not ignoring Federal law...I'm supporting the dissenting SCOTUS justices who argued those decisions were not based in law OH SNAP!! Eat it libs.

No one cares. Ignore the laws all you wish. If you get slapped for doing so, don't cry like a bitch about.

This goes to Justice Scalia's dissent when he said "each decision...unabashedly not based on law the court moves one step closer to being reminded of it's impotence".

Pound Sand, Your Honor! More Americans Want States to Ignore Federal Courts

While dissenting from the recent Supreme Court decision rubber-stamping same-sex “marriage,” Justice Antonin Scalia warned his colleagues that with “each decision ... unabashedly based not on law” the Court moves “one step closer to being reminded of [its] impotence.” And a new poll shows that another such step has in fact been taken, with more Americans supporting the idea that states should have the right to ignore federal court rulings. WritesRasmussen Reports, “A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 33% of Likely U.S. Voters now believe that states should have the right to ignore federal court rulings if their elected officials [dis]agree with them. That’s up nine points from 24% when we first asked this question in February.Just over half (52%) disagree, down from 58% in the earlier survey. Fifteen percent (15%) are undecided.”

This shift is clearly influenced not just by Obergefell v. Hodges (the marriage ruling), but also a late June ObamaCare decision so contrary to the “Affordable Care Act’s” text that Justice Scalia lamented to the Court, “Words no longer have meaning.” Not surprisingly, there was an ideological divide among poll respondents.

Pound Sand Your Honor More Americans Want States to Ignore Federal Courts
Go right ahead and ignore them. Good luck. :D

Yeppers, Eisenhower was a liberal

Yes, he was. This is the same man who invented the American welfare system.

and Wallace a conservative

Yes, he was. He was a Dixiecrat populist. Truth....you should try it sometime.

Try again, FDR is responsible for our welfare state, with LBJ kicking in his two cents.

Dixiecrats, if anything were democrats. Nothing Wallace did makes him a conservative. He didn't obey the law, he put himself above the law, just like liberals. Eisenhower enforced the laws just like a good conservative does.
Yes they were

Turned us into a modern democracy

Correction. More Republicans want states to ignore the federal government. Don't you find it odd that over the last few years Republicans have become more and more anarchist? Anti American?

Republicans are Americans. Rethink and try again
Ok let's say a million Republicans for Americans wanted to secede from the union when Bill Clinton was president and now because a black man is President 2,000,000 want to secede. So your poll showing that more Republicans want to secede isn't telling me anything I don't already know. That means this polll is misleading. Its not telling you what you think it is. No you try again

How in the hell did you arrive at it's because a black man is POTUS? How? Falling back to that BS is ignorance
I guess you are right. It isn't like you disrespected Bill Clinton any less than you do Obama. You're just using different talking points when attacking each of them. We sense a hint of racism in your attacks on Obama. Perfect example is your spokesman in South Carolina who walked into a church and told black people that they were raping white women and taking over the country. That is absolutely the GOP's talking point. Could have come straight from Rush Limbaugh or Donald trumps mouth
Truth hurts would you like some FBI statistics to back up those facts?
Yes. Are you going to show me FBI statistics that back up a blanket statement? Because I could show you an FBI file that shows white men are raping black women too.

This goes to Justice Scalia's dissent when he said "each decision...unabashedly not based on law the court moves one step closer to being reminded of it's impotence".

Pound Sand, Your Honor! More Americans Want States to Ignore Federal Courts

While dissenting from the recent Supreme Court decision rubber-stamping same-sex “marriage,” Justice Antonin Scalia warned his colleagues that with “each decision ... unabashedly based not on law” the Court moves “one step closer to being reminded of [its] impotence.” And a new poll shows that another such step has in fact been taken, with more Americans supporting the idea that states should have the right to ignore federal court rulings. WritesRasmussen Reports, “A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 33% of Likely U.S. Voters now believe that states should have the right to ignore federal court rulings if their elected officials [dis]agree with them. That’s up nine points from 24% when we first asked this question in February.Just over half (52%) disagree, down from 58% in the earlier survey. Fifteen percent (15%) are undecided.”

This shift is clearly influenced not just by Obergefell v. Hodges (the marriage ruling), but also a late June ObamaCare decision so contrary to the “Affordable Care Act’s” text that Justice Scalia lamented to the Court, “Words no longer have meaning.” Not surprisingly, there was an ideological divide among poll respondents.

Pound Sand Your Honor More Americans Want States to Ignore Federal Courts
Correction. More Republicans want states to ignore the federal government. Don't you find it odd that over the last few years Republicans have become more and more anarchist? Anti American?

Ok let's say a million Republicans for Americans wanted to secede from the union when Bill Clinton was president and now because a black man is President 2,000,000 want to secede. So your poll showing that more Republicans want to secede isn't telling me anything I don't already know. That means this polll is misleading. Its not telling you what you think it is. No you try again

How in the hell did you arrive at it's because a black man is POTUS? How? Falling back to that BS is ignorance
I guess you are right. It isn't like you disrespected Bill Clinton any less than you do Obama. You're just using different talking points when attacking each of them. We sense a hint of racism in your attacks on Obama. Perfect example is your spokesman in South Carolina who walked into a church and told black people that they were raping white women and taking over the country. That is absolutely the GOP's talking point. Could have come straight from Rush Limbaugh or Donald trumps mouth

I don't dislike Obama because he's a black man I dislike Obama because he's a lying asshole.

No, asshole YOU are injecting racism into it.
There is / racism and then there's subtle racism. You know what you're doing or what your side is doing. And maybe you don't see yourself as racist but we do
That's the thing your cute little buzz words no longer work because we know the truth we know facts back us up and we could care less about the rantings and ravings of an idiot who has to stoop to RACIST and BIGOT to try and win an argument. Its an automatic fail. ALL people are born racist which is an inherent love,wanting,attachment to their own race its only through brainwashing indoctrination,media propaganda and other avenues available to make whites feel bad about being white. It REALLY pisses off the establishment when they either miss one or their lies can't break through our defenses.
You mean the democratic party members....and of course SANE NORMAL people would be pissed when their children are forced into schools with ******* who have no interest in learning...as time has shown it was a waste of time and big big mistake. Test scores have gone down,gangs,crime,drugs have gone up and all non white schools for the most part of full of criminals.
Democrats were the ones that didn't want apes and humans in school together...same party you vote for. :) I am not a conservative although I am against faggot "marriage" and integration which has done nothing positive.
First note that this gratuitous judicial-review power — where courts’ rulings on law are considered to constrain all three branches of government — is not found in the Constitution. Rather, it was unilaterally declared by the Court itself in the 1803 Marbury v. Madison decision. In other words, Rasmussen’s supposition about the courts’ role does not align with constitutionalism.

But critics would say that this is putting it lightly. Justice Scalia wrote in his Obergefell dissent that the Court has actually become “a threat to American democracy.” And this just reflects what founder Thomas Jefferson warned when he said that if the Court was not reminded of its impotence, if it comes to be viewed as having ultimate-arbiter (judicial review) power, our Constitution will have become “a suicide pact.” As I wrote just last week:

Jefferson explained the problem with judicial review, writing, “For intending to establish three departments, co-ordinate and independent, that they might check and balance one another, it has given, according to this [judicial review] opinion, to one of them alone, the right to prescribe rules for the government of the others, and to that one too, which is unelected by, and independent of the nation.... The constitution, on this hypothesis, is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist, and shape into any form they please.”

Jefferson also pointed out, correctly, that “Our judges are as honest as other men and not more so. They have with others the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps.” …Judicial review is “a very dangerous doctrine indeed,” Jefferson warned in 1820, “and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.”

Jefferson also wrote that nullification — states’ ignoring of federal dictates — is the “rightful remedy” for all central-government usurpation of states’ powers. Of course, this includes plainly unconstitutional rulings by oligarchic federal courts.

Guess Jefferson was just an unamerican SOB eh!?
Marbury vs Madison established judicial review over two hundred years ago.....you are a little late in your opposition to it

That's from the article...not me.Jefferson must be an un american sob eh? He was for and called for nullification.
So you are FOR the constitution when its bent and broken to fit YOUR view of how the world is but you hate it when its not...gotcha...and no just because the PC are trying to force America into the shitter doesn't mean us normal folks are losing or giving up push to hard and we all know what can and will happen...
What do you mean normal? Can you define that?
Heterosexual,willing to accept facts. Aka not like you or any other butt fucker self hating idiot.

Truth hurts would you like some FBI statistics to back up those facts?
Yes. Are you going to show me FBI statistics that back up a blanket statement? Because I could show you an FBI file that shows white men are raping black women too.
I never said they weren't did I? Is it an epidemic like black on white rapes are? Nope.

You can find the FBI statistics I just typed black on white rape fbi statistics in and this is an easy enough to read source WITH the places it got the information so you can check it for yourself if you so choose.
Interracial Rape Statistics

New FBI Crime Figures Confirm Black Towns Most Dangerous White Areas Safest - The New Observer

Dixiecrats, if anything were democrats.

No shit. They were conservative Democrats.

You're not seriously going to try to claim that simply affixing an (R) or (D) at the end of one's name makes them conservative or liberal, are you? :lmao:

He didn't obey the law, he put himself above the law, just like....

Roy Moore in his long standing refusal to comply with federal court orders? Or like all these states who are similarly doing the same?

The alleged 33% is the hard core far social con right and the libertarian wing. It is nice they grow fewer in % every year. The millennials despise then.

You're not seriously going to try to claim that simply affixing an (R) or (D) at the end of one's name makes them conservative or liberal, are you? :lmao:

Roy Moore in his long standing refusal to comply with federal court orders? Or like all these states who are similarly doing the same?

You are not seriously trying to claim that simply by affixing what you think is good to liberals and bad to conservatives are you?

Affixing R and D actually makes more sense because it is qualified. Nixon created the EPA, was he a conservative (conserving the environment) or a liberal? Nixon signed the first clean water act into law. Nixon started affirmative action with the Philadelphia plan. So I am sure that your argument would be that he did liberal things, the things you see as good, but since he was found out to be a crooked liar that alone makes him a conservative.

You are not seriously trying to claim that simply by affixing what you think is good to liberals and bad to conservatives are you?

Affixing R and D actually makes more sense because it is qualified. Nixon created the EPA, was he a conservative (conserving the environment) or a liberal? Nixon signed the first clean water act into law. Nixon started affirmative action with the Philadelphia plan. So I am sure that your argument would be that he did liberal things, the things you see as good, but since he was found out to be a crooked liar that alone makes him a conservative.

:lmao:

Okay, my mistake. I didn't realize I was dealing with jiggery applesause.

There is / racism and then there's subtle racism. You know what you're doing or what your side is doing. And maybe you don't see yourself as racist but we do
That's the thing your cute little buzz words no longer work because we know the truth we know facts back us up and we could care less about the rantings and ravings of an idiot who has to stoop to RACIST and BIGOT to try and win an argument. Its an automatic fail. ALL people are born racist which is an inherent love,wanting,attachment to their own race its only through brainwashing indoctrination,media propaganda and other avenues available to make whites feel bad about being white. It REALLY pisses off the establishment when they either miss one or their lies can't break through our defenses.

Heterosexual,willing to accept facts. Aka not like you or any other butt fucker self hating idiot.
But that's the thing. We don't have to resort to racism or homophobia. Our points are validated by the Constitution the law fairness facts logic and doing what's right. It's the great thing about being a liberal progressive secular society. If we were conservatives we would still be wearing those wigs George Washington wore in all the photos I ever see in him and we'd be a Christian nation.

We should at least give Democrats credit for coming around and no longer being a racist party down south. So what should we do with the Republican Party Down South who became racist during the civil rights movement when the Republicans implementing the Southern Strategy which they also employed under Ronald Reagan and again now with the current Republicans fighting against a black president. Everybody knows the Republicans have the racist vote. It's as simple as this. Blacks vote Democrat so racist whites vote Republican only for that reason

The movement away from federalism and towards a much stronger centralized command & control is pretty clear.

Not what I would choose, but that's where we're headed.

You've been headed there since we founded the place. One Nation eh?
I was going to ask why we have things like Congress and the Electoral College then, but looking back at prior conversations we've had, would it be fair to say that you would agree that they are superfluous?

Funny thing, both are National even if the members are chosen locally. Central control right?
But they (at least supposedly) represent their states and districts. You've mentioned a "benevolent dictator" in the past, would you like to see less power in the legislative and more of it focused in the executive?

I'd like to see shit get done. If you really need to get shit done a benevolent dictator is the way to go.

So you agreed with Bush when he said things would be easier if he were dictator?

But that's the thing. We don't have to resort to racism or homophobia. Our points are validated by the Constitution the law fairness facts logic and doing what's right. It's the great thing about being a liberal progressive secular society. If we were conservatives we would still be wearing those wigs George Washington wore in all the photos I ever see in him and we'd be a Christian nation.

Give me a break, YOU injected racism into this thread, YOU did. You idiots are too stupid to realize there are many of us who support Ben Carson, Mia Love, Allen West, etc.....we don't dislike Obama because of race we dislike him for policy and being a clueless, lying POS

Give me a break, YOU injected racism into this thread, YOU did. You idiots are too stupid to realize there are many of us who support Ben Carson, Mia Love, Allen West, etc.....we don't dislike Obama because of race we dislike him for policy and being a clueless, lying POS

Forgive them, they are just doing what they do and taking care of another black man, who obviously does not have the ability to stand on his own.

Forum List

Back