More advice for my tomato plants!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
OK, I have them outside in pots, on a table, on my patio. Now, the table is not in the sun, do I move the plants out into the sun everyday, or do they even need direct sunlight.

Do I water them everyday?

How often do I re-soil them?

Thanks!

OK, I have them outside in pots, on a table, on my patio. Now, the table is not in the sun, do I move the plants out into the sun everyday, or do they even need direct sunlight.

Thanks!

EZ, they MUST be in the sun. Don't over-water, but never let the soil dry out. You don't need to change the soil, but feed weekly with a liquid tomato feed.

Thanks!
Mine grow best where they get direct sun for a few hours and the ground stays cooler. The one beside the house is twice as big as the ones besides the porch that get full sun all day.

If you have them in full sun you will need to water them more often....Did you use potting soil? If so, commercial potting soil drains better so they will need water more often.

When the tomatoes make buds give the pot a cup of sugar. The tomatoes will absorb the sugar and be much sweeter.

Has anyone ever tried those 'upside down' tomato planters? You know, the 'as seen on tv' ones? Was wondering if they actually worked.

Who am I kidding, I'll just go to the local farm for their delicious corn, toms and the like. Just saw a sign today, corn is in already! Yum.

Has anyone ever tried those 'upside down' tomato planters? You know, the 'as seen on tv' ones? Was wondering if they actually worked.

Who am I kidding, I'll just go to the local farm for their delicious corn, toms and the like. Just saw a sign today, corn is in already! Yum.

I talked to a farmer about those. He said don't waste your money. You have to buy the soil and a better hook anyway because the tomatoes get too heavy for it.

I bought the best greenhouse tomatoes in the store. They tasted ripe and juicy.

Thanks!

Put them on the other side of your house, where the sun is.

Thanks!

Well, I live in a condo, and there is nowhere to put them out front, it's like a "common" area for plants, etc.......plus the old biddies here bitch if you do ANYTHING that's not in the "condo code"-kinda like the ***** people~ :lol:

Thanks!

Well, I live in a condo, and there is nowhere to put them out front, it's like a "common" area for plants, etc.......plus the old biddies here bitch if you do ANYTHING that's not in the "condo code"-kinda like the ***** people~ :lol:

Then I'm afraid you're gonna have to move. There's no way around it.

I talked to a farmer about those. He said don't waste your money. You have to buy the soil and a better hook anyway because the tomatoes get too heavy for it.

I bought the best greenhouse tomatoes in the store. They tasted ripe and juicy.

Thanks. I kind of thought that too. I could make my own if I wanted to anyway. I won't; I'll go to the farm instead.

Once there was a beautiful woman who loved to work in her vegetable garden, but no matter what she did, she couldn't get her tomatoes to ripen. One day when she was admiring her neighbour's garden, which had beautiful bright red tomatoes, she asked him what his secret was.
"It's really quite simple," her neighbour explained. "Twice each day, in the morning and in the evening, I expose myself in front of the tomatoes and they turn red with embarrassment."
Desperate for perfect tomatoes, she decided to take his advice and proceeded to expose herself to her plants twice daily. Two weeks passed and her neighbour stopped by to check her progress.
"So," he asked, "any luck with your tomatoes?"
"No," she replied excitedly. "But you should see the size of my carrots!"

Forum List

Back