Moin!

Mantarochen

Helpless Freak
Jul 25, 2014
Lüneburg (GER)
Hi,
I come from and live in Germany, but I´m very interessted in what is going on in the USA.

I´m more difficult than Carrie Heffernan, poorer than Al Bundy, more annoying than Steve Urkel, less cute than the hanson-twins and more neurotic than Ted Mosby. Beware! :D

To be serious:
I met several people from the USA in my city and during my journeys across europe and everybody was very kind. But they had nothing to do with the teaparty, NRA or other things we don´t understand here in europe. I think, I will never agree with them, but I hope to learn to understand their arguments. On the other side I will try my best to show you the german or europeen view on foreign politics.

And to be honest:
I am a moderator in a middlesized german forum and know how not to feed trolls and ignore insults, but maybe I am Sheldon Cooper, referred to sarcistic answers because this not my motherlanguage.

P.S. Moin is a northern german "hello" :wink_2:

WELCOME ABOARD!

You were saying something about the TEA PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

american_symbols_screensaver-139594-300x225.jpg

Hi,
I come from and live in Germany, but I´m very interessted in what is going on in the USA.

I´m more difficult than Carrie Heffernan, poorer than Al Bundy, more annoying than Steve Urkel, less cute than the hanson-twins and more neurotic than Ted Mosby. Beware! :D

To be serious:
I met several people from the USA in my city and during my journeys across europe and everybody was very kind. But they had nothing to do with the teaparty, NRA or other things we don´t understand here in europe. I think, I will never agree with them, but I hope to learn to understand their arguments. On the other side I will try my best to show you the german or europeen view on foreign politics.

And to be honest:
I am a moderator in a middlesized german forum and know how not to feed trolls and ignore insults, but maybe I am Sheldon Cooper, referred to sarcistic answers because this not my motherlanguage.

P.S. Moin is a northern german "hello" :wink_2:

Morsche, Morsche!!!

Herzlich Willkommen bei der USMB, [MENTION=50181]Mantarochen[/MENTION]!

Falls ich Dir irgendwie behilflich sein kann, brauchst ja nur Wort zu geben, gell....

"Manatarochen" --hmmmm, findet man Dich vielleicht in SEALIFE?!?!?!

Have fun, have a good time, see you out there.

Stat

Welcome to USMB!

I hope you've had all of your shots.

Hmmm...a German. I hope you will be able to help me shed some light about Germany on this forum. I look forward to your input. Welcome. :D

There should be an English only rule on this forum.

Why, most here don't speak it anyway........ :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, but reading German just stirs up hate.

Yeah, sure it does....... I can recommend a good shrink to help you with that problem. :thup:

:lol: This is an intro thread, so I can't really get into the reasons why the German language stirs up hate. Maybe the new guy will engage in some honest debate about Germany in the future. Like I said, hopefully he can help me shed some light on Germany and the German people.

Last edited:
Yeah, but reading German just stirs up hate.

Yeah, sure it does....... I can recommend a good shrink to help you with that problem. :thup:

:lol: This is an intro thread, so I can't really get into the reasons why the German language stirs up hate. Maybe the new guy will engage in some honest debate about Germany in the future. Like I said, hopefully he can help me shed some light on Germany and the German people.

Got it, think I know where you're going with your potential questions. I can recommend some "light" reading in early German and pre-Germanic history and the anthropological sociology of European peoples. :D
To extremely simplify it, almost no one else in the world thinks like us or has our concept of freedoms and that was specifically true up till the late 1940s. The new guy probably was raised in the new Germany and may not be able to answer those questions. :dunno:

Forum List

Back