Model S is the THIRD Best-Selling Luxury Car in California

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Yep I do my bashing of CA, it's a politically and economically backwards state run by communist and retards.

Nevertheless, they can produce some good news. The state with the largest consumer auto market has made the Model S a best-seller. This is great news and OPEC should be on notice!

Tesla Model S outselling major car brands in California, including Porsche, Volvo, Cadillac and Buick - NY Daily News
New sales figures show that Tesla Motors’ Model S electric car is gaining traction with California consumers, and is now the third best-selling luxury sedan in the state.

In June, the Model S, which can go close to 300 miles on a single charge, was in greater demand in California than high-end competitors Jaguar, Volvo, Porsche, Cadillac, Buick, Fiat, Land Rover and Lincoln, figures compiled by Quartz showed.

There are several labs making batteries that have 4 to 10 times the capacity of the present batteries in the Tesla S. When one gets to the manufacturing stage, there will be a whole new paradigm in the auto industry. Imagine having a luxury car that is not only rated the best and safest in the world, but one that can go 1000 miles or better without stopping for fuel.

No accounting for taste or spin for that matter. Ford's monumental failure , the Edsel, sold about 30,000 units in the first six month. Tesla S sold 10,000.

Cali-fag has plenty of the 1% limousine liberals who will buy a Tesla just to prove they are a member of the democrat hive.

The other 56 states (by Obama's count) won't be rushing to buy them. .. :cool:

A base price of 65 g's and you can't go for more than 300 miles. Tesla has lost money every year until they had a puff piece written in a car magazine. The company is on the freaking edge and the radical eagle killing windmill left is judging the car on the basis of wishful thinking and emotion rather than logic.

Yep I do my bashing of CA, it's a politically and economically backwards state run by communist and retards.

Nevertheless, they can produce some good news. The state with the largest consumer auto market has made the Model S a best-seller. This is great news and OPEC should be on notice!

Tesla Model S outselling major car brands in California, including Porsche, Volvo, Cadillac and Buick - NY Daily News
New sales figures show that Tesla Motors’ Model S electric car is gaining traction with California consumers, and is now the third best-selling luxury sedan in the state.

In June, the Model S, which can go close to 300 miles on a single charge, was in greater demand in California than high-end competitors Jaguar, Volvo, Porsche, Cadillac, Buick, Fiat, Land Rover and Lincoln, figures compiled by Quartz showed.

Isn't there a republican state that is trying to ban that car?

No accounting for taste or spin for that matter. Ford's monumental failure , the Edsel, sold about 30,000 units in the first six month. Tesla S sold 10,000.

See ghook? Republicans are NOT supposed to like Tesla. Toe the line or gtfo!

Cali-fag has plenty of the 1% limousine liberals who will buy a Tesla just to prove they are a member of the democrat hive.

[MENTION=11674]Sunni Man[/MENTION] see above. Toe it baby. Toe it.

He probably thinks they're all smeared in gay butter :laugh:

What puts the Tesla S in the luxury class besides the price?

I own two so I'll tell you.

Have you ever owned a vehicle that was perfect?

The Tesla S was built to compete with the Cadillac CTS-V and ANY BMW, which it exceeds.
The S is quieter than a Rolls Phantom, and has the performance levels of a $250K Rolls Continental. All of which I've either owned or have driven.

The seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat. I'm trying to buy a seat and have it converted into an office chair. I found out in a stockholders meeting is that the seats were designed by a team of Anatomists.

The dash is almost entirely touch screen which can be arranged in any configuration you wish. Downloads are supposed to be 3G, but the speed is more like 4G.

Top speed is listed at 130, however, I've bought time at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and clocked 139. Then the pros from Bondurant took it and clocked 145.

..........................LOL .. :lol:

Since Tesla already has the totality of this years production spoken for, seems someone is rushing to buy them.

For the sake of argument we could compare battery powered automotive technology today to the turn of the 20th century when Henry Ford took a chance on powering wagons with fossil fuel. Henry Ford decided to make cars affordable to the masses. The Tesla company apparently decided to create an obviously equipped luxury battery car that only the rich could afford. Why would they want to market new technology that way? The short answer is that they need money and they don't trust the technology. They have been losing money since they started and they know that their only hope is to market the product to the liberal elite as toys that give the subtle message that the driver has taste but is also aware of the environment. It's a slick Ad. campaign but how far will it take them during an economic downturn? ?

For the sake of argument we could compare battery powered automotive technology today to the turn of the 20th century when Henry Ford took a chance on powering wagons with fossil fuel. Henry Ford decided to make cars affordable to the masses. The Tesla company apparently decided to create an obviously equipped luxury battery car that only the rich could afford. Why would they want to market new technology that way? The short answer is that they need money and they don't trust the technology. They have been losing money since they started and they know that their only hope is to market the product to the liberal elite as toys that give the subtle message that the driver has taste but is also aware of the environment. It's a slick Ad. campaign but how far will it take them during an economic downturn? ?

No. The Tesla company wanted to build a car that was better than almost anything available. They did that. The big three and foreign builders now have a new standard to meet.

FYI: There is no economic downturn for the rich. Republicans made sure of that.

Forum List

Back