MOD ANNOUNCEMENT -- Kavanaugh Hearing on Thursday.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
As we've done in the past for elections and hearings, there will ONE OFFICIAL thread for comments, opinions, updates on tomorrow's hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee..
OFFICIAL -- Kavanaugh Judiciary Committee Thread -- Thurs Sept 27th 2018

After closing, moving, or merging over 200 threads these past 5 days on the topic -- we're out of patience. Other threads will be closed. Repeat violators will be warned.

This thread will be OPENED by 10AM tomorrow morning. Maybe earlier. All threads between now and then will be merged and placed in the "Senate Judiciary Peanut Gallery" thread --- which will CLOSE when this thread opens. Use that one now -- if you can't wait.

The Kavanaugh Hearing Peanut Gallery..

DO NOT POST other threads on this until Friday. And those MAY still be subject to merge and warnings if folks are STILL not complying with using existing open threads on the topic.

DO NOT USE CURRENT EVENTS FORUM for this event..

As we've done in the past for elections and hearings, there will ONE OFFICIAL thread for comments, opinions, updates on tomorrow's hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee..

After closing, moving, or merging over 200 threads these past 5 days on the topic -- we're out of patience. Other threads will be closed. Repeat violators will be warned.

This thread will be OPENED by 10AM tomorrow morning. Maybe earlier. All threads between now and then will be merged and placed in the "Senate Judiciary Peanut Gallery" thread --- which will CLOSE when this thread opens. Use that one now -- if you can't wait.

DO NOT POST other threads on this until Friday. And those MAY still be subject to merge and warnings if folks are STILL not complying with using existing open threads on the topic.

The more threads, the more posters, the more posts, the more ads that can be shown, the MORE money your owners can make, on this site...

Some times, when things and topics are hot and seemingly out of control.... I personally would just let 'em fly... it's good for business... and this is a business!

just some fuel for thought...

--------------------------

Also, one or two massive threads on a really hot topic, with hundreds or thousands of posts,

some times... it drowns out, 'the little guy's'' voice and thoughts.... imo.

The more threads, the more posters, the more posts, the more ads that can be shown, the MORE money your owners can make, on this site...

Some times, when things and topics are hot and seemingly out of control.... I personally would just let 'em fly... it's good for business... and this is a business!

just some fuel for thought...

--------------------------

Also, one or two massive threads on a really hot topic, with hundreds or thousands of posts,

some times... it drowns out, 'the little guy's'' voice and thoughts.... imo.

Then it's all noise. Folks running from thread to thread to simply post drive-by redundant thoughts. Its a DISCUSSION board. A "Comment" doesn't necessarily support a whole new discussion when there's been over 200 threads attempted in just 5 days.

It's been nutz. If we hadn't closed or merged about 180 of those -- you could not even FIND whether your "topic" existed in the listings.

Then it's all noise. Folks running from thread to thread to simply post drive-by redundant thoughts.
YES IT IS!!!! But it's all noise anyway! :lol: no body is really listening to the other guy!!!

Its a DISCUSSION board. A "Comment" doesn't necessarily support a whole new discussion when there's been over 200 threads attempted in just 5 days.
It IS maddening! No question! But it does not happen that often....not like THIS... where every member on this board wants to get their two cents in on the same topic!

It's like a once a year Colossal CLEARANCE, where people are lined up for blocks, waiting for you to open the doors.

It's been nutz. If we hadn't closed or merged about 180 of those -- you could not even FIND whether your "topic" existed in the listings.
VERY VERY TRUE! but who cares? It doesn't happen often... not like this! It's crazy for you all, but at the same time... it's exciting to see so many people interested in being heard on the topic.... gets my 'retail blood flowing', like a massive promotional/sale turn out....breaking the doors down, to get in! :D Like Black Friday used to be, in the good ole days... before the internet, and before stores had a sale every day of the week anyway, diminishing the impact.... sigh, I guess I am now giving away my age.... bah humbug!

It's like a once a year Colossal CLEARANCE, where people are lined up for blocks, waiting for you to open the doors.

You do realize we could just reach out and DRAFT YOU back into the Mod Room and let you try to keep the lid on this gossip train?? :2up: Still got your Mod uniform and Hazmat suit?

You remember those Christmas vids of "doors opening to Collosal Clearance Sales" and folks getting into fights and trampled damn near death? Door duty sweetie. Tomorrow 10AM.. Be ready.. :smiliehug:

:abgg2q.jpg:

You do realize we could just reach out and DRAFT YOU back into the Mod Room and let you try to keep the lid on this gossip train?? :2up: Still got your Mod uniform and Hazmat suit?

You remember those Christmas vids of "doors opening to Collosal Clearance Sales" and folks getting into fights and trampled damn near death? Door duty sweetie. Tomorrow 10AM.. Be ready..

Door duty sweetie. Tomorrow 10AM.. Be ready..

:eek:

Meanie! The newbies always get the sh*t jobs!!! Nothin's changed!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You remember those Christmas vids of "doors opening to Collosal Clearance Sales" and folks getting into fights and trampled damn near death? Door duty sweetie. Tomorrow 10AM.. Be ready..

Door duty sweetie. Tomorrow 10AM.. Be ready..

:eek:

Meanie! The newbies always get the sh*t jobs!!! Nothin's changed!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How many times did YOU have to wash Cereal_Killer's car?? :113:

Putin-trump.jpg

Then it's all noise. Folks running from thread to thread to simply post drive-by redundant thoughts.
YES IT IS!!!! But it's all noise anyway! :lol: no body is really listening to the other guy!!!

That's actually not true, I mean there's a lot of noise yes, but /I/ actually do listen, hell I've even had my mind changed/USMB helped me make up my mind on some stuff.

Hey; it's already 6pm Thursday here!! I'm waiting!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody yanks; LATE AGAIN!!!

Greg

Forum List

Back