MLB All-Star Game Didn't Count

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
After years of media whining, MLB gave the fans the finger and made the all-star game not count. Well, I had no reason to watch that glorified spring training game.

After years of media whining, MLB gave the fans the finger and made the all-star game not count. Well, I had no reason to watch that glorified spring training game.

I liked the idea of making it count. It didn't actually succeed in getting me to watch any recent ones, but it got me closer. I'm sorry I missed the one where Panda and Melky Cabrera won it for the NL and Giants.

I could be misremembering, but I think it was the Fox network that influenced the change to make the All-Star game count.

ESPN whined loudly about it for years. Last I checked that's all they do at ESPN is whine and gossip.

I liked the idea of making it count. It didn't actually succeed in getting me to watch any recent ones, but it got me closer. I'm sorry I missed the one where Panda and Melky Cabrera won it for the NL and Giants.

I could be misremembering, but I think it was the Fox network that influenced the change to make the All-Star game count.

ESPN whined loudly about it for years. Last I checked that's all they do at ESPN is whine and gossip.

Yea, it was mainly ESPN being supreme bitches. Yea, I didn't hang on every pitch in those all-star games that counted. But when I did, I could feel the tension. It was like a playoff game with players having supreme talent. Last night, the competition was still good; but the hoopla that was making the game a joke in the first place was creeping back in. Hoopla all star games are the worst. The NBA all star game is practically unwatchable. Baseball had had easily the best all star game in sport when it counted.

The game has become a fiasco. Back in the old days...

The players voted on the starters, and the manager picked the subs (not many of them, most of whom only came in a pinch hitters),

The manager picked the pitchers - a reasonable number of them,

The pitchers pitched three innings,

The position-starters stayed in the game unless there was a reason why they shouldn't, and

The game actually meant something (to the extent that an exhibition game can). Because with the best players on the field for both teams, there was a reasonably good chance that the better team won.

The current pageant, including the ridiculous Home Run Derby, is an embarrassment.

It never HAS counted,thats old news.:rofl:

It is just that though,just like sais,a spring training game the way these players treat it like it is a vacation.Gone and will never be seen again are the good old days of Pete Rose smashing into Ray Fosse at home plate going all out putting his body and risking injury on the line. same with the corrupt NFL.fuck MLB.:up_yours:

the last couple years was the first time in SEVERAL years i watched a world series game cause the cubs and royals are my two favorite teams.In the old days growing up,I did not care who was in the series,i never missed it. the owners have ruined the game with free agency with players able to jump from one team to another.gone are the good old days when they stayed with one team their whole career.

the idiot owners in baseball thought the team that won the all star game would make the players play hard and have motivation to play the game like the good old days of pete rose going all out since they would get home field advantage in the world series.

those stupid fuck owners wont admit that it has done no good and they STILL treat it like a vacation instead of a game still not going all out. they wont admit it because the real problem is them paying them all these fucking multi millions of dollars just for playing a game. so one more time fuck MLB baseball.:fu:

baseball needs to do it smart like the NBA does,the team with the best record gets to have home field advantage. that makes much more sense if they dont want to go back to the good old days when they alternated each year.:rolleyes:

It never HAS counted,thats old news.:rofl:

It is just that though,just like sais,a spring training game the way these players treat it like it is a vacation.Gone and will never be seen again are the good old days of Pete Rose smashing into Ray Fosse at home plate going all out putting his body and risking injury on the line. same with the corrupt NFL.fuck MLB.:up_yours:

the last couple years was the first time in SEVERAL years i watched a world series game cause the cubs and royals are my two favorite teams.In the old days growing up,I did not care who was in the series,i never missed it. the owners have ruined the game with free agency with players able to jump from one team to another.gone are the good old days when they stayed with one team their whole career.

the idiot owners in baseball thought the team that won the all star game would make the players play hard and have motivation to play the game like the good old days of pete rose going all out since they would get home field advantage in the world series.

those stupid fuck owners wont admit that it has done no good and they STILL treat it like a vacation instead of a game still not going all out. they wont admit it because the real problem is them paying them all these fucking multi millions of dollars just for playing a game. so one more time fuck MLB baseball.:fu:

baseball needs to do it smart like the NBA does,the team with the best record gets to have home field advantage. that makes much more sense if they dont want to go back to the good old days when they alternated each year.:rolleyes:

You waste more time writing shit on here that nobody ever reads than any poster on here. It's mental masturbation, dude.

Forum List

Back