Mitt Romney's 2011 Tax Return To Be Released At 3 PM Today

Gotta agree. I don't blame any taxpayer for following the letter of the law. In fact, I would consider anyone who pays more than required to be a poor steward of their own money and I wouldn't trust them with mine.

But still - you can't push for tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans when you find out they pay about 14%.

Dang, y'all what's 14% of five million???? Then add the charitable contributions on top of that.

A charitable contribution is not equivalent to paying tax. It's not a substitute for paying taxes. We don't pick and choose which programs our tax dollars go to fund like you do with charitable contributions.

Charitable contributions are great. I applaud them and I applaud those who make them. But they aren't funding our nation's needs with them.

14% is NOT overtaxing the rich. I think many will believe that we can expect a bigger contribution from our wealthiest Americans. Especially when folks who make a lot less, pay a higher effective tax rate.

You don't believe building cathedrals in Salt Lake City is more valid consumption item than a flat-screen TV? You communist.

Nope. If HE is releasing it means there is not anything shocking in it...I want about 5 years or so...hopefully the hackers got it like they claimed to have and will release it.

Unfortunately you are no more than a little ruit fly who has no right to "demand" anything.

Deal with it.

This is hilarious.
So is Obama going to give us a 20-year tax history?

I can't wait.

Who fucking cares about Mitt Romney's tax returns? Except the frothy, envious LOLberals that is...

The Dems make idiots of themselves yet again.

Romney didn't want to give you this stuff, but you had a fit...and now that he's done it, it makes Obama look like the shyster he is.

President Romney, first MORMON prez!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC837oh98_Y]Hail to the Chief - YouTube[/ame]

He only claimed half that amount so he wouldn't get caught in another lie.

What lie would that be, you errant shit-head?

If he had taken the full deduction, his tax liability would have been under 13%, which he has previously claimed was never the case.

You're right. If he had done his taxes differently it wouldn't accord with what he later said about them.

Do you ever think about what you write before you write it?

Romney2.jpg

What a flipping relief it will be to have a human in charge.

Made about 14 Million, Paid 2 Million in Tax, and gave 4 Million to Charity, but only claimed half that amount on Taxes.

Yeah, He does nothing for the poor.

STFU liberals.

I would never say he does nothing for the poor. But I also wouldn't count any money he gives to his church as giving to charity, as it's a tenant of the church that all Mormons give them 10% of their income.

And what does their church do with the money? Yea... spends it on the less fortunate... aka, charity. Tricky to make the connection - if you're a twit.
Support out of state propositions against gay marriage.

What lie would that be, you errant shit-head?

If he had taken the full deduction, his tax liability would have been under 13%, which he has previously claimed was never the case.

You're right. If he had done his taxes differently it wouldn't accord with what he later said about them.

What he said was dishonest. He has previously stated that if he didn't take every deduction he possible could, he would not be qualified to be President.

I still don't get why it matters how much a person pays in taxes. Personally, none of it is going to affect how the economy is run, or how he will create jobs etc. Much, much more important issues to be focused on than how much someone pays in taxes.

I'll don't need to see the tax returns, just ask some direct questions.

Romney did you apply for tax amnesty, if his tells us no. Great have an independent third party review all the documents and tell us. You can keep tax return private.

Romney do you had any Switzerland or similar bank accounts. Most people generally associated these bank accounts with hiding assets from being taxed. Yes their are legitimate reasons to have these Switzerland bank accounts, but most people associate this with shenanigans are going on. Great have an independent third party review all the documents and tell us. You can keep tax return private.

Does any of your income derived from less than desirable anti American entities. If you're willing to ship jobs outside America, which on basic levels is not pro American. Great have an independent third party review all the documents and tell us. You can keep tax return private.

And my favorite grossed generating income, does this match the percent paid to the church? Great have an independent third party review all the documents and tell us. You can keep tax return private.

It's just this simple. Very little to ask from someone seeking such a position of president. If you want to be this creative, tells me you're not very trustworthy.

Last edited:
Dang, y'all what's 14% of five million???? Then add the charitable contributions on top of that.

A charitable contribution is not equivalent to paying tax. It's not a substitute for paying taxes. We don't pick and choose which programs our tax dollars go to fund like you do with charitable contributions.

Charitable contributions are great. I applaud them and I applaud those who make them. But they aren't funding our nation's needs with them.

14% is NOT overtaxing the rich. I think many will believe that we can expect a bigger contribution from our wealthiest Americans. Especially when folks who make a lot less, pay a higher effective tax rate.

You don't believe building cathedrals in Salt Lake City is more valid consumption item than a flat-screen TV? You communist.

LOL - I have nothing against flat screen TVs or catherdrals in Salt lake City.
But when one of our wealthiest citizens pays 14% in taxes, can you really - with a straight face - continue to argue that we are taxing the rich to death? That we need MORE tax relief for the wealthiest?

The most interesting part to me is not delving into Romney's financial situation - but the level of tax burden we place on the wealthiest Americans is a legitimate question. Apparently it's not nearly as bad as some would lead you to believe.

Last edited:

What he said was dishonest. He has previously stated that if he didn't take every deduction he possible could, he would not be qualified to be President.

You people act like Mitt does his own taxes.....he doesn't, he has accountants that do their job for their client.

Our tax system rewards entrepreneurs, and they in turn pay more in taxes than anyone else.

If you increase the tax rate on them, you won't get as much from them because they won't be able to make as much, and it will be harder to generate wealth, so less $$ will come in.

LOL - I have nothing against flat screen TVs or catherdrals in Salt lake City.
But when one of our wealthiest citizens pays 14% in taxes, can you really - with a straight face - continue to argue that we are taxing the rich to death? That we need MORE tax relief for the wealthiest?

I agree with you. I was making a joke about the idea that building a bunch of gaudy building is charitable.

Forum List

Back