Mitt Romney's 2011 Tax Return To Be Released At 3 PM Today

So loopholes are the defining factor for you, huh? You do know that Obama "exploits" loopholes too, right. Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Oprah.....they all "exploit" loopholes.

I bet you didn't have an issue when John Kerry and his wife "exploited" tax loopholes.

Just admit that your a liberal and you don't want a republican to win. It's okay, that's what this great nation is all about.

Do you think it's ethical that hedge fund tycoons are effectively allowed to lie about the source of their income? Carried interest, in the context of a hedge fund, is labor income to the management. That they're allowed to claim it's a capital gain is theft.

Oh, I thought we were talking specifically about Mitt, I didn't know we had hedge fund tycoons in the conversation. I'm trying to stay on topic, but obviously you're just too fast for me. :eusa_whistle:

Romney is a hedge fund tycoon and has exploited this practice to greatly enrich himself.

A charitable contribution is not equivalent to paying tax. It's not a substitute for paying taxes. We don't pick and choose which programs our tax dollars go to fund like you do with charitable contributions.

Charitable contributions are great. I applaud them and I applaud those who make them. But they aren't funding our nation's needs with them.

14% is NOT overtaxing the rich. I think many will believe that we can expect a bigger contribution from our wealthiest Americans. Especially when folks who make a lot less, pay a higher effective tax rate.

Why is funding government waste better than charitable contributions. Why do you get to tell Romney how to spend his money????

If you look at the $$$$$ you will find Romney paid a heck of a lot more than Biden and he also donated a lot more than Biden.

Why can't he use the "legal substitute" the way he wants?? Why does he have to do it your way?? Why does he have to contribute to fund programs he doesn't support, like planned parenthood and Solyndra like failings??

What if I just took a part of your income and told you where I wanted it spent???

I guess this is the only one of my posts you read because I addressed most of what you question in other posts. Hate to re-hash, but taxes are - by definition - the government taking our money and spending it on stuff we may or may not approve of. Solyndra is a terrific example of something that chaps my butt.

I don't blame anyone for taking every legal deduction they are entitled to - I think they're dumb if they don't.

My point is that you cannot argue - with a straight face - that we "overtax" the rich when our wealthiest (or at least one of them) is paying 14%.

Did I say we overtax the rich?? If so show me where.

Bottom line is the rich spend their money just like me and you, why do they have to spend it the way you want them to?? I can't spend your money, why do you want to spend theirs??

The government is the most wasteful spender of all, I'm thinking Mitt spending his money where he wants helps to create jobs, not fund some overlapped, wasteful government bureaucracy.

Why is funding government waste better than charitable contributions. Why do you get to tell Romney how to spend his money????

If you look at the $$$$$ you will find Romney paid a heck of a lot more than Biden and he also donated a lot more than Biden.

Why can't he use the "legal substitute" the way he wants?? Why does he have to do it your way?? Why does he have to contribute to fund programs he doesn't support, like planned parenthood and Solyndra like failings??

What if I just took a part of your income and told you where I wanted it spent???

I guess this is the only one of my posts you read because I addressed most of what you question in other posts. Hate to re-hash, but taxes are - by definition - the government taking our money and spending it on stuff we may or may not approve of. Solyndra is a terrific example of something that chaps my butt.

I don't blame anyone for taking every legal deduction they are entitled to - I think they're dumb if they don't.

My point is that you cannot argue - with a straight face - that we "overtax" the rich when our wealthiest (or at least one of them) is paying 14%.

Bottom line is the rich spend their money just like me and you, why do they have to spend it the way you want them to?? I can't spend your money, why do you want to spend theirs??

The government is the most wasteful spender of all, I'm thinking Mitt spending his money where he wants helps to create jobs, not fund some overlapped, wasteful government bureaucracy.

I never claimed you said the rich are overtaxed just like I never claimed anyone has a right to tell others how to spend their money.

I think you're just hell-bent on arguing against something you've misinterpreted. I respect your opinion and your right to it. Have a nice evening.

But I agree with you 100% that way too much of all our money is mispent by the U.S. Government.

Last edited:
Do you think it's ethical that hedge fund tycoons are effectively allowed to lie about the source of their income? Carried interest, in the context of a hedge fund, is labor income to the management. That they're allowed to claim it's a capital gain is theft.

Oh, I thought we were talking specifically about Mitt, I didn't know we had hedge fund tycoons in the conversation. I'm trying to stay on topic, but obviously you're just too fast for me. :eusa_whistle:

Romney is a hedge fund tycoon and has exploited this practice to greatly enrich himself.

Coveting other people's money is such a nasty trait.. GET THE FUCK OVER IT..It's none of your damn biznez.. IT'S HIS MONEY, period.. he can spend it any damn way he likes! He paid his taxes unlike you LIAR libs said claiming he paid NO TAXES.. now today you have egg all of your faces and rightly so.. so you come here and moan and piss thinking you have some right to tell this man what to do with this money. We know you liberals try to tell us what foods we can eat, if we can have sugar in drinks, NO SUVS, what type of car we can buy, NO WALMART, where to shop.. You little dictators think this is Communist China.. WRONG..

Where are Hussein Obama's records? Time to demand the same of the President. If you have nothing to hide Barack, release all of your college transcripts, records, papers..

Romney's job (except as governor) was never to "create jobs". That's not what Vulture Capitalists do. They make money, not jobs. In fact, they make the most money by destroying American jobs.

As governor he failed on the "job creation" front.

Now if Obama would just release a REAL birth certificate and his college transcript from Columbia University.

Considering every single person who I've read complaining about Mitts taxes wants to see 2009, 2011 isn't going to quiet the anger.

Personally I'm very VERY curious why Romney wont release the same years of tax returns Obama has. I don't think tax returns will effect the election, but I'm still curious.

It only became an issue when he said he wouldn't release them. More bad advice and poor execution.

Romney's job (except as governor) was never to "create jobs". That's not what Vulture Capitalists do. They make money, not jobs. In fact, they make the most money by destroying American jobs.

I agree that he had a poor record on job creation both as governor and at Bain. But you have to admit his charitable donations probably did help stimulate the economy in the areas where he elected to donate it. Charitable contributions help people and I applaud those who give that way.

But it's not the same thing as funding an equitable share of taxes.

"The Romney camp’s year-by-year numbers are correct: Job growth was sluggish early in Romney’s gubernatorial term, and then less so by the time he was ready to leave office. "

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney campaign says job growth in Massachusetts accelerated as gubernatorial term went on

The big problem I have with mittens and his taxes is this,

He exploits loopholes in order to benefit himself.

If someone wants to be leader of the free world and they are exploiting this, or exploiting anything as a matter of fact, I don’t want him leading the free world!

Its as simple as that.

He pays more money than he is legally obligated to pay, but is at the same time exploiting loopholes? And btw the tax code really isnt loopholes.

Made about 14 Million, Paid 2 Million in Tax, and gave 4 Million to Charity, but only claimed half that amount on Taxes.

Yeah, He does nothing for the poor.

STFU liberals.

I would never say he does nothing for the poor. But I also wouldn't count any money he gives to his church as giving to charity, as it's a tenant of the church that all Mormons give them 10% of their income.

If you did the math you would see its more than 10% he gave to Charity, and are you implying the Mormon Church does not use the money to help the needy? They do, and you do not have to be Mormon to receive help. He also gave to other Charities as well.

This is Typical of Liberals, when confronted with a fact, you want to change the meaning of the word Charity. You want to somehow how say that giving money to a Church Charity, is not the same as say giving it to a local non Church run shelter.

To funny.

Last edited:

Coveting other people's money is such a nasty trait.. GET THE FUCK OVER IT..It's none of your damn biznez.. IT'S HIS MONEY, period.. he can spend it any damn way he likes! He paid his taxes unlike you LIAR libs said claiming he paid NO TAXES.. now today you have egg all of your faces and rightly so.. so you come here and moan and piss thinking you have some right to tell this man what to do with this money. We know you liberals try to tell us what foods we can eat, if we can have sugar in drinks, NO SUVS, what type of car we can buy, NO WALMART, where to shop.. You little dictators think this is Communist China.. WRONG..

Where are Hussein Obama's records? Time to demand the same of the President. If you have nothing to hide Barack, release all of your college transcripts, records, papers..

No one is coveting his money. All that has been said is that he should have to pay by the same rules as everyone else. For some reason, you people seem to think that being wealthy means the rest of society is obligated to run around with a moist towelette ready the wipe the rears of our Overlords any time they fart crossways.

You have no basis for making the claim that he paid his taxes. There is zero evidence he's paid taxes in any year other than 2010 and 2011. Am I saying he didn't pay taxes in other years? No, but there is no evidence that he did.

As for the President, he has released tax returns going all the way back to 2000, so I don't know why you think this is such a great criticism.

It doesn't matter what YOU would count as "giving to charity". The fact is, giving to your church is charity because churches are non profits. That makes it a charitable contribution. What YOU would count doesn't matter.

So was this the "Romney Killer" all the Libs were expecting?

Doesn't look like it.

lol!!! Remember last week all of the threads by liberals stating, "IT'S OVER, ROMNEY LOST." Hahahaha

So a sitting Majority Leader of the United States Senate used his position to SLANDER and LIE about an American citizen.. He should be brought up on Ethics charges at the very least.. He's a disgrace and a LIAR.

Made about 14 Million, Paid 2 Million in Tax, and gave 4 Million to Charity, but only claimed half that amount on Taxes.

Yeah, He does nothing for the poor.

STFU liberals.

I would never say he does nothing for the poor. But I also wouldn't count any money he gives to his church as giving to charity, as it's a tenant of the church that all Mormons give them 10% of their income.

If you did the math you would see its more than 10% he gave to Charity, and are you implying the Mormon Church does not use the money to help the needy? They do, and you do not have to be Mormon to receive help. He also gave to other Charities as well.

This is Typical of Liberals, when confronted with a fact, you want to change the meaning of the word Charity. You want to somehow how say that giving money to a Church Charity, is not the same as say giving it to a local non Church run shelter.

To funny.
I already addressed this in other posts in the thread.

If he had taken the full deduction, his tax liability would have been under 13%, which he has previously claimed was never the case.

You're right. If he had done his taxes differently it wouldn't accord with what he later said about them.

Do you ever think about what you write before you write it?

What he said was dishonest. He has previously stated that if he didn't take every deduction he possible could, he would not be qualified to be President.

Where was this? And what deduction did he not take he could have?
And can you make up your mind? If he takes deductions you blast him for using loopholes. If he doesn't take deductions you blast him for being inconsistent.
And if he releases the rest of his tax returns back to 1977 will you vote for him, you stupid humbug?

Actually, not. Bain Capital is not a hedge fund. Furthermore, even if it was, they are entirely legal.

When did making money and obeying every letter of the law in the process become something reprehensible?

Answer: When it became obvious Obama couldn't run on his record.

Forum List

Back