Mitt Romney retires and gives a scathing review of the GOP

Romney was kissing Trump’s ass in hopes of being SOS, so he can’t be trusted, even if he’s telling the truth now

Romney has principles. Conservative principles. And he has the courage to stand by them.

Good for Mitt. His "principles" cost him the 2012 election. No wonder the left hate the Trump republicans; with republicans like you, they could count on losers like Bob Dole, John McCain and Mitt Romney to beat like a bad egg every four years!

It seems he's been secretly meeting with McKay Coppins, his biographer, for a few years. Someone who was one of the first to know about Mitt's plan not to seek re-election in 2024.
The book includes some interesting excerpts, not the least of which is this one.

For context, the following exchange came after Mitt thanked McTreason for advising Trump not to attack Mitt after he had criticized Trump's call to Zelensky. Referring to it as "wrong and appalling."

“It wasn’t for you so much as for him,” McConnell replied. “He’s an idiot. He doesn’t think when he says things. How stupid do you have to be to not realize that you shouldn’t attack your jurors?

“You’re lucky,” McConnell continued. “You can say the things that we all think. You’re in a position to say things about him that we all agree with but can’t say.” (A spokesperson said that McConnell does not recall this conversation and that he was “fully aligned” with Trump during the impeachment trial.)

My two takeaways are.....

1. Anyone who sees Don up close comes to understand he is a dope. It's certainly not the first time the opinion of him being an idiot, or worse, has been expressed. See Rex Tillerson, etc.

2. The reason congressional Repubs feel they can not publicly state their opinion of Don is..............because of the devotion of the rubes. Another way to put it is..........they care more about being re-elected than doing what is right by being honest about a malevolent megalomaniac for the sake of the country for fear of upsetting The Following and losing their votes.

Romney has principles. Conservative principles. And he has the courage to stand by them. Something Trumptards don't understand.

A conservative is not going to join the modern Democratic party.

Like I said, false dichotomy.
Romney? The guy that went hat in hand to meet with President Trump to interview for the SoS position and was denied?

That Romney? He had principles? "I hate Trump I hate him I hate Trump. Please pick me Mr. Trump."

LMAO.....Like Liz Cheney....all was good until Trump said she was a weak Senator....then she went after him.

This is when you quit your job.... just as your boss is forming the words "You're fired mother fucker!" :laughing0301:

He'll run for POTUS on the Magic Underwear Party and suffer more humiliation before slinking off with his buddies that have 12-year olds for wives.

When you lose to an anonymous muzzie, hopelessly faggoted, communist knee-grow from kenya with a birff certificate that looks like it was crafted by a 3rd grader.... you are a LOSER piece of shit.

obama fuckin sissy.jpg

It begs the question, if you are more vocal and critical of the GOP than the DNC, why were you a Republican all those years?

This man honestly thinks Biden is a better President than Trump was.
What an asshole . Good riddance.

Romney? The guy that went hat in hand to meet with President Trump to interview for the SoS position and was denied?

That Romney? He had principles? "I hate Trump I hate him I hate Trump. Please pick me Mr. Trump."

LMAO.....Like Liz Cheney....all was good until Trump said she was a weak Senator....then she went after him.
Well, she was never a senator, so........

Liz Cheney was never a Senator.

Sort of surprised that Mitt just didn't switch parties like Arlen Specter did.

Sen. Specter knew he would lose the Pennsylvania primary, so he just pulled a switcheroo.
Well then it got weird.

During the DNC primary, Obama and his goons tried to buy off the DNC challenger to Sphincter because they wanted a democrat they knew they could control vs. the newbie Joe Sestak that may or may not be as easily controlled.

Essentially, these so called democratic loving fascists tried to bribe their own democrat candidate from not running.

Forum List

Back