Mitt Romney: Raise the Minimum Wage

"More jobs and better pay"

Alright rw. Please explain to us how a business can employ more people with higher salaries?

Now they love Mitt...:rofl:

Higher minimum wage, fewer jobs for low-skilled workers. More people on welfare. :cuckoo:

As some posters predicted. Rightwinger is a man with two faces. He also loved Mitt before the last election.

I still love Mitt....he reminds me of my Uncle Willard

Mitt Romney: Raise the minimum wage - The Week

The former Republican presidential nominee told MSNBC's Morning Joe: "I, for instance, as you know, part company with many of the conservatives in my party on the issue of the minimum wage. I think we ought to raise it." He added: "[F]rankly, our party is all about more jobs and better pay."

Senate Republicans, however, don't agree with Moderate Mitt. Romney’s comments came a month after Senate Republicans rejected a vote on a bill that would have increased the national minimum wage to $10.10.

Gee... now you're channeling Romney?

You guys are losing it.. seriously losing it.

Unless Romney sees the writing on the wall and realizes the Republican party is losing it, seriously losing it. Romney will run in 2016 and he does plan to win it so why is he advocating for a minimum wage increase now, why was Obamacare his plan all along? And the list starts to grow longer and longer. At some point the Republican party will have to chew its leg off to get out of the Tea party trap.

Oh boy.. really? The GOP's biggest problem is they are trying to be Democrat light.. we're not quite as bad as those guys. let the GOP embrace amnesty, $10 minimum wage, single payer... they'll become even more irrelevant. The Dems are going to take a bath in November, they've way overplayed their hand. The majority of Americans don't want the European style, Fabian nanny-state.

I think Romney's done.

Romney and the GOP shouldn't and won't change our stance on traditional marriage. Compromising and working with efforts like minimum wage increase is a good trade-off for not wanting to compromise on other issues

Romney is showing good decision making on picking and choosing battles here. Santorum and Christie have both (a far right, and a moderate) been lecturing the GOP on doing a better job taking care of the lower-class and middle-class as well

Mitt is more conservative than GOP and tea-party darling, Rand Paul ("WE NEED TO AGREE TO DISAGREE ON SOCIAL ISSUES" lol and the right still loves this guy) and the popular Jeb

The instant hate the left comes in with over any Romney discussion is hilarious to me

Last edited:
Smart political strategy. Co-opt and support anything the Democrats propose as long as it is popular. Promise anything. Learn form Obama. Lies work! The bigger the lie, the better.

"I will close Gitmo"
"I will run the most transparent administration in history"
"You can keep your Plan"
"You'll save $2500 per family"
"it was a YouTube video"
etc, etc, etc...

Obama has proven that lying to the voters has no consequences. whatsoever....Say ANYTHING to win. Then do whatever the fuck you want....

:thup:

Smart political strategy. Co-opt and support anything the Democrats propose as long as it is popular. Promise anything. Learn form Obama. Lies work! The bigger the lie, the better.

"I will close Gitmo"
"You can keep your Plan"
"it was a YouTube video"
etc, etc, etc...

Obama has proven that lying to the voters has no consequences. whatsoever....Say ANYTHING to win. Then do whatever the fuck you want....

I will pass a healthcare plan
I will refocus efforts to get Bin Laden
I will end the Bush tax cuts
I will end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

Alright rw. Please explain to us how a business can employ more people with higher salaries?

When the working class has more money in their pockets they spend it in the local economy, that sets up demand for more goods . More good more jobs needed to produce, Unlike the rich who stash their money in offshore accounts, workers spend and will grow the economy

Its like they believe that money doesnt mean anything until you talk about taxes or the 1%

lol, now they're praising a man they took through their smear wringer and didn't vote for

how cute

"I will close Gitmo"
"You can keep your Plan"
"it was a YouTube video"
etc, etc, etc...

I will pass a healthcare plan - DISASTER
I will refocus efforts to get Bin Laden - THANKS GWB!
I will end the Bush tax cuts - YEAH LET''S RAISE TAXES DURING a RECESSION
I will end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- DISASTER

And where are we now? 30+ material & illegal deviations form Obamacare, worst labor participation rate in 40 years, 1/6 of Americans on public assistance, skyrocketing health insurance rates, $7,000,000,000,000 new debt in 6 years, eroding US $, skyrocketing energy costs, billions of $$ funneled to bankrupt green energy companies, massive unemployment, IRS targeting political enemies, Benghazi, Fast and Furious and on and on and on and on.

Clusterfuck of the century this administration...

When the working class has more money in their pockets they spend it in the local economy, that sets up demand for more goods . More good more jobs needed to produce, Unlike the rich who stash their money in offshore accounts, workers spend and will grow the economy

Why not make the min wage 100/hr then?
How do people have more money in their pockets if they're unemployed because their employer cannot afford the cost of their labor?

Libs are such fucking ignorant losers.

Oh good, Rabbi is here to tell us all about what makes a business successful. He would know since his crashed and burned.

Now they love Mitt...:rofl:

Higher minimum wage, fewer jobs for low-skilled workers. More people on welfare. :cuckoo:

As some posters predicted. Rightwinger is a man with two faces. He also loved Mitt before the last election.

What gives you the impression Rightwinger loves, or even likes Romney?

Mitt Romney: Raise the minimum wage - The Week

The former Republican presidential nominee told MSNBC's Morning Joe: "I, for instance, as you know, part company with many of the conservatives in my party on the issue of the minimum wage. I think we ought to raise it." He added: "[F]rankly, our party is all about more jobs and better pay."

Senate Republicans, however, don't agree with Moderate Mitt. Romney’s comments came a month after Senate Republicans rejected a vote on a bill that would have increased the national minimum wage to $10.10.

he prolly knows that the purchasing power of today's min. wage is = to what it was in 1968

lol, now they're praising a man they took through their smear wringer and didn't vote for

how cute

This how stupid you are. The point is the irony that you guys considered him the best person for president when we were all telling you that he isn't a conservative. Oh now you will try to distance yourself with some excuse.

Once again you show your ignorance

As the article points the most recent studies indicate a minimum wage increase would neither create or destroy jobs so it seems both parties are full of it on this one.

Have people claimed increasing minimum wage will increase jobs? I thought the point was to increase the wages for those who already are working so we can reduce the number of people who maintain full time employment but are still struggling to make ends meet and still need government assistance.

But it's good to know that increasing the minimum wage wont actually destroy jobs.

how cute

This how stupid you are. The point is the irony that you guys considered him the best person for president when we were all telling you that he isn't a conservative. Oh now you will try to distance yourself with some excuse.

Once again you show your ignorance

It's Stephanie. Cut her some slack.

Picture Stephanie wearing a helmet (for her own protection) and is wearing two shoes that don't match. Adjust your conversation level to someone like that.

Forum List

Back