Mitt Romney: Raise the Minimum Wage

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Mitt Romney: Raise the minimum wage - The Week

The former Republican presidential nominee told MSNBC's Morning Joe: "I, for instance, as you know, part company with many of the conservatives in my party on the issue of the minimum wage. I think we ought to raise it." He added: "[F]rankly, our party is all about more jobs and better pay."

Senate Republicans, however, don't agree with Moderate Mitt. Romney’s comments came a month after Senate Republicans rejected a vote on a bill that would have increased the national minimum wage to $10.10.

Last edited:

The former Republican presidential nominee told MSNBC's Morning Joe: "I, for instance, as you know, part company with many of the conservatives in my party on the issue of the minimum wage. I think we ought to raise it." He added: "[F]rankly, our party is all about more jobs and better pay."

Senate Republicans, however, don't agree with Moderate Mitt. Romney’s comments came a month after Senate Republicans rejected a vote on a bill that would have increased the national minimum wage to $10.10.

The slope skulls in the white christian party are foaming at the mouth

"More jobs and better pay"

Alright rw. Please explain to us how a business can employ more people with higher salaries?

When the working class has more money in their pockets they spend it in the local economy, that sets up demand for more goods . More good more jobs needed to produce, Unlike the rich who stash their money in offshore accounts, workers spend and will grow the economy

Alright rw. Please explain to us how a business can employ more people with higher salaries?

I know you are young and haven't been around long. I know you don't actually work

So, let me fill you in on minimum wage hikes. They have been happening for over 50 years. EVERY time conservatives scream that.....Jobs will be lost, small business will suffer, workers should leave if they don't like it

You know what actually happened? The sun still rose in the east, the market adjusted, life went on and low paid workers made more money

Then the wage stays frozen for ten years and we go through the same nonsense

Rinse and repeat

Gee... now you're channeling Romney?

You guys are losing it.. seriously losing it.

WHAT??

Mittens wants people off welfare and adding to economic recovery?

Well, that's it.

Now we know he's running in 2016.

cuz that's the only possible reason why he would say something so completely out of character and anti-Repub.

If he were actually elected (hardy-har-har-har), he'd immediately sign an exec order ending minimum wage or, preferable to the Repubs, paying negative wages.

More people is easy - send the jobs to China as Romney's companies did.
Once you've done that, you can up the minimum wage to a hundred bucks an hour.

WHAT??

Mittens wants people off welfare and adding to economic recovery?

Well, that's it.

Now we know he's running in 2016.

cuz that's the only possible reason why he would say something so completely out of character and anti-Repub.

If he were actually elected (hardy-har-har-har), he'd immediately sign an exec order ending minimum wage or, preferable to the Repubs, paying negative wages.

Keep in mind we ARE talking about Mitt

If he were to run he would draw back from these remarks

I think Mitt is trying to dis-qualify himself, or he's getting ready to switch parties.

YAWN

always love it when LWNJs rely on the thoughts of people they despise to make a point!

lol

We were right, Mitt was a crappy candidate.

Problem is that the GOP establishment will run a moron like McCain and Romney in the next election too. Even if we win, we lose.

Gee... now you're channeling Romney?

You guys are losing it.. seriously losing it.

Unless Romney sees the writing on the wall and realizes the Republican party is losing it, seriously losing it. Romney will run in 2016 and he does plan to win it so why is he advocating for a minimum wage increase now, why was Obamacare his plan all along? And the list starts to grow longer and longer. At some point the Republican party will have to chew its leg off to get out of the Tea party trap.

What I would like to know is how businesses can employ anyone and pay any salary. How does that work anyway? :poke:

Hey look! A liberal who has absolutely no idea how businesses run!

Knock me over with a feather. :/

When the working class has more money in their pockets they spend it in the local economy, that sets up demand for more goods . More good more jobs needed to produce, Unlike the rich who stash their money in offshore accounts, workers spend and will grow the economy

Why not make the min wage 100/hr then?
How do people have more money in their pockets if they're unemployed because their employer cannot afford the cost of their labor?

Libs are such fucking ignorant losers.

Now they love Mitt...:rofl:

Higher minimum wage, fewer jobs for low-skilled workers. More people on welfare. :cuckoo:

As some posters predicted. Rightwinger is a man with two faces. He also loved Mitt before the last election.

We were right, Mitt was a crappy candidate.

Problem is that the GOP establishment will run a moron like McCain and Romney in the next election too. Even if we win, we lose.

Rand Paul......Please :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back