Mitt Romney bullying story holds up to scrutiny

This Romney story went to hell in a hand basket when they interviewed the guys sister (the guy died in 2004) and she said she knew nothing about this incident growing up (you figure a sister would know if her brother was being bullied in school)...especially the hair cutting part (Im certain a sister would recognize this). According to her this is not true.

She also said her brother wasn't gay. She said he'd be really upset if he were here and heard this story. Funny how they chose a victim who is no longer here and can't give his side. They can say whatever they want with their mysterious witnesses.

I heard that also, the claim that he was gay is supposedly false.

Several of the eye witnesses to this event are all politically active for the Democrats and one is supposedly working with the Obama re-election campaign...havent been able to co-berate that story yet tho so I cant say it is fact yet.

yea, its amazing that we have a dead person who this supposedly happened to whom no one can get his side of the story so the media is running with it and yet we have Obama telling lie after lie, provable lies, and the media and his supporters turn a blind eye.

Lauber being gay may be one of those statements that the sister said was factually incorrect. She describes her brother as a very unusual person who became a vagabond. Democrats have interpreted this to mean that Lauber was not only gay, but struggling with his sexuality and afraid to come out to his family and that's why they didn't know he was gay.

Democrats cannot accept the facts as they are. They have to make up additional facts as they go along to fill in gaps or change facts to ones that suit their agenda better.

Several of the eye witnesses to this event are all politically active for the Democrats and one is supposedly working with the Obama re-election campaign...havent been able to co-berate that story yet tho so I cant say it is fact yet.

yea, its amazing that we have a dead person who this supposedly happened to whom no one can get his side of the story so the media is running with it and yet we have Obama telling lie after lie, provable lies, and the media and his supporters turn a blind eye.

Wrong. One of the four volunteered for Obama. One of the four was a registered independent, but served as a Republican County Chair. The gay claim was confirmed by his sisters.

:lol:...good gawd

Clown.

Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post

The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another. Four of them — Friedemann, now a dentist; Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer; Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor; and David Seed, a retired principal — spoke on the record. Another former student who witnessed the incident asked not to be identified. The men have differing political affiliations, although they mostly lean Democratic. Buford volunteered for Barack Obama’s campaign in 2008. Seed, a registered independent, has served as a Republican county chairman in Michigan. All of them said that politics in no way colored their recollections.

He came out as gay to his family and close friends and led a vagabond life, taking dressage lessons in England and touring with the Royal Lipizzaner Stallion riders. After an extreme fit of temper in front of his mother and sister at home in South Bend, he checked into the Menninger Clinic psychiatric hospital in Topeka, Kan. Later he received his embalmer’s license, worked as a chef aboard big freighters and fishing trawlers, and cooked for civilian contractors during the war in Bosnia and then, a decade later, in Iraq. His hair thinned as he aged, and in the winter of 2004 he returned to Seattle, the closest thing he had to a base. He died there of liver cancer that December.

He kept his hair blond until he died, said his sister Chris. “He never stopped bleaching it.”

Wrong. One of the four volunteered for Obama. One of the four was a registered independent, but served as a Republican County Chair. The gay claim was confirmed by his sisters.

Clown.

Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents - The Washington Post

The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another. Four of them — Friedemann, now a dentist; Phillip Maxwell, a lawyer; Thomas Buford, a retired prosecutor; and David Seed, a retired principal — spoke on the record. Another former student who witnessed the incident asked not to be identified. The men have differing political affiliations, although they mostly lean Democratic. Buford volunteered for Barack Obama’s campaign in 2008. Seed, a registered independent, has served as a Republican county chairman in Michigan. All of them said that politics in no way colored their recollections.

He came out as gay to his family and close friends and led a vagabond life, taking dressage lessons in England and touring with the Royal Lipizzaner Stallion riders. After an extreme fit of temper in front of his mother and sister at home in South Bend, he checked into the Menninger Clinic psychiatric hospital in Topeka, Kan. Later he received his embalmer’s license, worked as a chef aboard big freighters and fishing trawlers, and cooked for civilian contractors during the war in Bosnia and then, a decade later, in Iraq. His hair thinned as he aged, and in the winter of 2004 he returned to Seattle, the closest thing he had to a base. He died there of liver cancer that December.

He kept his hair blond until he died, said his sister Chris. “He never stopped bleaching it.”

:lol:...I think you people should get a lynch mob up and hang his high school prankster ass..

She also said her brother wasn't gay. She said he'd be really upset if he were here and heard this story. Funny how they chose a victim who is no longer here and can't give his side. They can say whatever they want with their mysterious witnesses.

Lauber being gay may be one of those statements that the sister said was factually incorrect. She describes her brother as a very unusual person who became a vagabond. Democrats have interpreted this to mean that Lauber was not only gay, but struggling with his sexuality and afraid to come out to his family and that's why they didn't know he was gay.

Democrats cannot accept the facts as they are. They have to make up additional facts as they go along to fill in gaps or change facts to ones that suit their agenda better.

The thing is, the family hasn't produced a single factual error, regarding that story.

Clown.

:lol:...I think you people should get a lynch mob up and hang his high school prankster ass..

Why would you think that? I think he should have showed some spine, and manned up to this incident in a forthright way. I think it shows that he has no backbone and is a liar.

Why would you think that? I think he should have showed some spine, and manned up to this incident in a forthright way. I think it shows that he has no backbone and is a liar.

LOL, man up..my gawd you people are FRIGGEN PETTY

For someone who's making that claim, you certainly have enough posts in these threads.

Is the incident itself important? I don't think so. Would a grown up man, who wants to be president, really not remember something that the other four participants remember very well? Yes. Why didn't he act like a man, and take responsibility, and expressed some real regret as the others have?

It shows Romney's weaseliness, and says quite a bit about his character NOW.

For someone who's making that claim, you certainly have enough posts in these threads.

Is the incident itself important? I don't think so. Would a grown up man, who wants to be president, really not remember something that the other four participants remember very well? Yes. Why didn't he act like a man, and take responsibility, and expressed some real regret as the others have?

It shows Romney's weaseliness, and says quite a bit about his character NOW.

you friggen crack me the hell up..but the beat goes on:eusa_whistle:

I have to give something "proof" that's all over the news and on the Internet? Sweetie, you need to do a little more reading than message boards. Ever notice how few right wingers post links, yet they always want "proof". Except when it comes to their loony notions.

Yeah there are lies repeated all over the internet every day..woopty doo.

This incident was Mitt and his High School classmates cutting some hippie derelict's hair and you jerks use gay people for your sinister smears against your political opponent. :eusa_liar:

Wow. You sound like a pretty awful person.

:lol: I missed this ^ comment last night...

That's a pretty funny assessment coming from one who uses gays as political pawns..even when the incident had nothing to do with homosexuality, that means nothing to you liars with a smear Mitt at all costs agenda. The family asked you to please stop using their loved one in this manner but nooo, keep it up champ, you've got an election to win!

No doubt I'd rather be me than you, deanydoodoo... :thup:

The Post's ombudsman looked at the wingnut blogs, and stands by the story.

Four of the five witnesses to the forcible haircut cited by the Post are on the record, by name, and remember it well. Their accounts remain unchallenged. I also think it’s important to point out that Romney quickly apologized after the story was published, and although not a detailed apology, I think his demeanor in the apology seemed genuine.

The Post has received no specific complaint of inaccuracy from the Lauber family, Merida said. “We stand by the story. It’s a full portrait. It’s the story of Mitt Romney’s years at Cranbrook.”

Who truly cares about this outside of Obama's base? Do you really Think this will impact the swing states?? SEE North Carolina. Obama needs to sell the swing states on his economic record, econimic plan for the next four years, deficit and debt reduction plans, and energy independence. Americans in swing states holding on to whatever jobs they have while driving 50 miles each way to work at $4 gallon gas could really give two shits about an 11 page investigative journalism piece from a liberal ragtag out of DC on the prep-school hijinx of the President's opponent 47 years ago.

I think that the statute of limitations to file gay-related hate crime charges ran out on this one quite some time ago.

Poor O-tards, digging up a rather questionable something from decades ago in a desparate attempt to slander Romney.

Four of the five witnesses to the forcible haircut cited by the Post are on the record, by name, and remember it well. Their accounts remain unchallenged. I also think it’s important to point out that Romney quickly apologized after the story was published, and although not a detailed apology, I think his demeanor in the apology seemed genuine.

The Post has received no specific complaint of inaccuracy from the Lauber family, Merida said. “We stand by the story. It’s a full portrait. It’s the story of Mitt Romney’s years at Cranbrook.”
Who gives a flying fuck?

Not you Teabaggers......obviously......

:lalala: . :lalala: . :lalala: . :lalala: . :lalala: . :lalala: . :lalala:

Who truly cares about this outside of Obama's base? Do you really Think this will impact the swing states?? SEE North Carolina. Obama needs to sell the swing states on his economic record, econimic plan for the next four years, deficit and debt reduction plans, and energy independence. Americans in swing states holding on to whatever jobs they have while driving 50 miles each way to work at $4 gallon gas could really give two shits about an 11 page investigative journalism piece from a liberal ragtag out of DC on the prep-school hijinx of the President's opponent 47 years ago.

Identity voters. You know, most of the apathetic people who will vote for someone they feel good about. They don't think about policies. Why do you think that consultants like Frank Luntz make a fortune, telling candidates how to frame an argument, including what words they should use. How about people who were badly bullied when they were in high school, by the cool kids?

This incident alone isn't going to make or break him, but it just adds to the fortunate son, who gets away with stuff and then lies about it. I think it fits the cold hearted corporate raider, who dumped people out of their jobs, narrative pretty well.

I am not one to question Obama's birth certificate or even his college/post grad grades. Hell, I don't even wonder why he was made head of the law review, despite never publishing. He didn't while at U of C either, really weird, but not asking.

Now you all wish to rehash 'bullying,' which Obama already wrote about himself? The victim is dead, his family said that he'd oppose this being used politically. You all know better.

Careful what you wish for...

There's worse company I can think of for agreement:

Review & Outlook: The President's Hit List - WSJ.com

Updated May 11, 2012, 6:37 p.m. ET

The President's Hit List
The attacks on Frank VanderSloot and political 'civility.'

Those are some ugly details that our Kimberley Strassel has been turning up about the effort to smear Mitt Romney's campaign donors. The dirt-digging exercise reflects the character of President Obama's re-election campaign, as well as what's really behind the drive for more "transparency" in political donations. ...

All of this is also a reason to reconsider rules that require the disclosure of political donations. This sounds appealing in theory, the Supreme Court has ruled that disclosure is Constitutional, and these columns have supported it as part of a political compromise that would allow unlimited donations.

But it's increasingly clear that the real point of these disclosure laws is not to inform voters but to get donor names in order to intimidate them from participating in politics. The goal is to dispatch hired guns like Mr. Simpson on political opponents to trash their reputations.

Democrats and their left-wing allies should understand that Republicans and Mormons will not be the only targets. If Democrats think it is "legitimate" to prowl and publish the divorce records of Romney donors, no one should feign shock if some right-wing investigator is soon doing the same to Mr. Obama's bundlers and super PAC donors. A President who claims to want "civility" in political discourse will reap what he sows if he plays by Nixonian rules.

You left wing nuts have too much time on your hands. Are you the same person you were in high school if you say yes you are LYING out of your ass.. Get over it. It happened 47 years ago.. His family said it never happened anyway.

So the bullying story is falling apart and right in step with ABC news (cough, cough) Luddly is moving on to his religion.

To the contrary, the right wingers are keeping it in the news. And it's help up. Not a single fact presented by the five eyewitnesses has even been challenged.

I'll bet all the network Sabbath gasbag shows, tomorrow, are going to talk about it.

You made a false claim that he wasn't gay.

No, I said the KID was not gay...at the time of the incident, in High School he was not known to be gay and what happened to him at school had absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality. The fact that he turned out to be gay and came out of the closet to his family later in life, is what made the vultures pounce on this story and now they are beating that lie like a drum. Mitt beat up a gay, Mitt bullied a gay, Mitt hates the gays.

Happened in 1965 but the big story comes out the day after Obama shifted his gay rhetoric. :eusa_whistle:

FACT: Mitt and Obama have the exact same political stance on gay marriage; It is a State issue. But that won't stop all the liars from painting some stark contrast based on emotion and lies.

You left wing nuts have too much time on your hands. Are you the same person you were in high school if you say yes you are LYING out of your ass.. Get over it. It happened 47 years ago.. His family said it never happened anyway.

That's a lie. His family did not say it never happened.

As for your contention that we should get over it, I think this letter to the editor frames the issue pretty well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/opinion/a-prep-school-bullying-report-and-romneys-reaction.html

You report that Mr. Romney told Fox News, “There’s no question that I did some stupid things in high school, and obviously, if I hurt anyone by virtue of that, I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it.”

That is not an apology. That is not even an admission that anything happened.

How can a man expect to be responsible for being the leader of the free world when he can’t take responsibility for something he did, something that is seared into the memory of others who saw him do it? A man taking responsibility might say something like: “I truly regret the incident. I was wrong to do what I did. I am ashamed of my behavior. I apologize.”

And that would be the end of it.

That's a lie. His family did not say it never happened.

As for your contention that we should get over it, I think this letter to the editor frames the issue pretty well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/opinion/a-prep-school-bullying-report-and-romneys-reaction.html

You report that Mr. Romney told Fox News, “There’s no question that I did some stupid things in high school, and obviously, if I hurt anyone by virtue of that, I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it.”

That is not an apology. That is not even an admission that anything happened.

How can a man expect to be responsible for being the leader of the free world when he can’t take responsibility for something he did, something that is seared into the memory of others who saw him do it? A man taking responsibility might say something like: “I truly regret the incident. I was wrong to do what I did. I am ashamed of my behavior. I apologize.”

And that would be the end of it.

Forum List

Back