Mitt Romney bullying story holds up to scrutiny

Five "eyewitnesses", yet the only person the WaPo chose to quote wasn't even there.

Keep crying "WOLF!", lolberals. :lol:

May 11, 2012

"It was not an event you take a lot of pride in. And it was that way for all of us," Maxwell told CNN.

Maxwell confirmed the story, first reported in the Washington Post. However, he insisted the incident was far worse than a high school prank.

"I'm a lawyer. I know what an assault is. This kid was scared. He was terrified. That's an assault," Maxwell said."

827.gif

The Post's ombudsman looked at the wingnut blogs, and stands by the story.

You left wing nuts have too much time on your hands. Are you the same person you were in high school if you say yes you are LYING out of your ass.. Get over it. It happened 47 years ago.. His family said it never happened anyway.

That's a lie. His family did not say it never happened.

As for your contention that we should get over it, I think this letter to the editor frames the issue pretty well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/opinion/a-prep-school-bullying-report-and-romneys-reaction.html

You report that Mr. Romney told Fox News, “There’s no question that I did some stupid things in high school, and obviously, if I hurt anyone by virtue of that, I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it.”

That is not an apology. That is not even an admission that anything happened.

How can a man expect to be responsible for being the leader of the free world when he can’t take responsibility for something he did, something that is seared into the memory of others who saw him do it? A man taking responsibility might say something like: “I truly regret the incident. I was wrong to do what I did. I am ashamed of my behavior. I apologize.”

And that would be the end of it.
Am I lying it happened 47 years ago. NO . GET OVER IT FUCK FACE

The Post has received no specific complaint of inaccuracy from the Lauber family, Merida said. “We stand by the story. It’s a full portrait. It’s the story of Mitt Romney’s years at Cranbrook.”

What the media needs to do is vet Obama's past to the fullest. Everything seems to be turning out as a composite, like his girlfriends.

What is it you hope to find that hasn't been found? He's been president for three years. What's left?

I still want to see his college transcripts.
And what's this I keep hearing about his fake Social Security number?
And did he really apply to college claiming to be a non-US citizen?

Last edited:
You left wing nuts have too much time on your hands. Are you the same person you were in high school if you say yes you are LYING out of your ass.. Get over it. It happened 47 years ago.. His family said it never happened anyway.

As for your contention that we should get over it, I think this letter to the editor frames the issue pretty well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/12/opinion/a-prep-school-bullying-report-and-romneys-reaction.html

You report that Mr. Romney told Fox News, “There’s no question that I did some stupid things in high school, and obviously, if I hurt anyone by virtue of that, I would be very sorry for it and apologize for it.”

That is not an apology. That is not even an admission that anything happened.

How can a man expect to be responsible for being the leader of the free world when he can’t take responsibility for something he did, something that is seared into the memory of others who saw him do it? A man taking responsibility might say something like: “I truly regret the incident. I was wrong to do what I did. I am ashamed of my behavior. I apologize.”

And that would be the end of it.

You claimed that his family claimed it didn't happen. That's a lie, and not from 47 years ago, rather in the past two days.

Four of the five witnesses to the forcible haircut cited by the Post are on the record, by name, and remember it well. Their accounts remain unchallenged. I also think it’s important to point out that Romney quickly apologized after the story was published, and although not a detailed apology, I think his demeanor in the apology seemed genuine.

The Post has received no specific complaint of inaccuracy from the Lauber family, Merida said. “We stand by the story. It’s a full portrait. It’s the story of Mitt Romney’s years at Cranbrook.”

Yes but I always wasn't such a horrible person in high school that I bullied people like Mitt Romney, but go on and explain why you want to vote for a bully

Yes but I always wasn't such a horrible person in high school that I bullied people like Mitt Romney, but go on and explain why you want to vote for a bully

Nobody has to EXPLAIN to anyone why they want to vote for someone..It's none of your business
All I know is I want to see the people vote OUT Obama even if it was Donald Duck running

An interesting analysis:

Commentary and full text on Obama's fundraiser behind the actor's LA house by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

A tired Obama goes through the motions in George Clooney'$ tent

By ANDREW MALCOLM
Posted 10:38 AM ET

Thursday was another big money day for Team Obama. He flew to Seattle in the morning for two fundraisers and then down to Los Angeles for one at the home of George Clooney, who is an actor.

California is the political ATM for both parties. According to campaign people, the Clooney fundraiser with about 150 people was a huge success because, they said, it raised about $15 million. Makes it look like once again Hollywood is 120% behind the Real Good Talker out of the Chicago machine.

As usual, the Obama accounts are misleading. The campaign has run into considerable donor resistance this time across the board. Obama has done more than twice the number of reelection fundraisers as Republican George W. Bush in 2004 and has less to show for it.

And the Obama super PAC run by Bill Burton, who wasn't good enough to become the White House press secretary, isn't exactly overflowing with cash either, even by keeping the tainted $1 million from Bill Maher, who is not an actor.

The truth is about half of the $15 million publicly attributed to the Clooney event came from the online raffle that saw two female donors end up in the back of the tent Thursday night with their husbands.

Team Obama was hoping to keep the celebrity dollar-power quiet. What if Mitt Romney's money folks started raffling tickets to sit at the dinner table of, say, Tom Selleck, who is an American icon and symbol of strong family values?

Obama's remarks (Scroll down for the full text) were pretty standard fundraiser fare with in-jokes to make organizers feel more connected to him. Traveling reporters noticed the president seemed very tired. He announced his campaign was going to be harder than 2008. No kidding! Now he has an actual record of non-accomplishment to answer for.

He made a couple of self-aggrandizing references to his support for same-sex marriages, forced by Joe Biden's uber gaffe on Meet the Press last Sunday.

Despite thousands of new regulations and a stagnant economy still, Obama claimed, "You won't find a bigger advocate for the free market than me." He admitted, "There's still so many people out there who are hurting." But that isn't his fault.

The Democrat actually sounded a rather plaintive note: "Bottom line is I still believe in the American people, and I still believe in you. And I hope you still believe in me."

A post full of wingnut FAIL.

• Why is Maher's money 'tainted'? It's green and spends just like everyone elses.
  • Of course Bush is going to raise more than Obama. Look at who each of their base is made up of. Bush even admitted it in that speech to the 1%, when he called them "his base". All the war profiteers were very grateful to Shrub.
  • Bill Burton was certainly good enough to be press secretary. So was Karen Finney. Many qualified people, only one slot to fill.
  • Of course Hollywood is behind Obama, just like the financial industry is behind Bishop Romney. What's wrong with that?

Pointing to a hate piece isn't going to convince anybody of anything, except fellow haters.

You claimed that his family claimed it didn't happen. That's a lie, and not from 47 years ago, rather in the past two days.
The so called Bullying happened in HIGH SCHOOL NUMB NUTS .. The left wing asswipes have to dig 47 years to get something on Romney .. What about Obama cocaine use and selling of the drug. Why is that not on front page news . Lets talk about everything except what really matters the ECONOMY!

The so called Bullying happened in HIGH SCHOOL NUMB NUTS .. The left wing asswipes have to dig 47 years to get something on Romney .. What about Obama cocaine use and selling of the drug. Why is that not on front page news . Lets talk about everything except what really matters the ECONOMY!

You fucking douche bags tried to dig up shit about Obama's fucking grade school last cycle. Hell, half of you bitches are still to find proof that he wasn't even born here. What a bunch of two faced hypocrites.

Oh, and stupid. How Romney reacted to the exposure shows he's a coward with no spine. The fact that he's unrepentant about an incident that his other students felt deep remorse for, shows him to be ethically challenged.

She also said her brother wasn't gay. She said he'd be really upset if he were here and heard this story. Funny how they chose a victim who is no longer here and can't give his side. They can say whatever they want with their mysterious witnesses.

I heard that also, the claim that he was gay is supposedly false.

Several of the eye witnesses to this event are all politically active for the Democrats and one is supposedly working with the Obama re-election campaign...havent been able to co-berate that story yet tho so I cant say it is fact yet.

yea, its amazing that we have a dead person who this supposedly happened to whom no one can get his side of the story so the media is running with it and yet we have Obama telling lie after lie, provable lies, and the media and his supporters turn a blind eye.

Wrong. One of the four volunteered for Obama. One of the four was a registered independent, but served as a Republican County Chair. The gay claim was confirmed by his sisters.

yeah thats why the family issued a press release that he wasnt homosexual

This dead and stinking non-story shows how desperate the Obama campaign has become.
Jesus you are so stupid you think the washington post equals the obama campaign

Actually even their Ombudsman hints this may be the case.

Mitt Romney bullying story holds up to scrutiny - Omblog - The Washington Post

...The other criticisms are that this story was published knowing that President Obama was going to announce his shift in favor of gay marriage. The allegation is that somehow The Post is working with the White House to time the story.

Do I think The Post took advantage of the timing? Yes. Vice President Biden had telegraphed the president’s position on gay marriage just days earlier. This story on Romney was in preparation for three weeks. It is part of a series of biographical stories on Romney being written by Horowitz and others and edited by The Post’s Pulitzer Prize-winning writer and associate editor, David Maraniss, who is known for his best- selling biographies of major U.S. political figures.

If I were an editor I might have sped it up a little, too, to take advantage of the national discussion on gay marriage. Does that mean Post editors are timing stories with the White House? I hope not, and I doubt that is the case.

Merida said they held the printed version for a day because they didn’t want it clashing with the Thursday front page coverage of Obama changing his mind on gay marriage.

“It just happened to coincide with the time when President Obama made his statement. We factored it in and that was the decision not to run it in print on Thursday,” Merida told me.

I heard that also, the claim that he was gay is supposedly false.

Several of the eye witnesses to this event are all politically active for the Democrats and one is supposedly working with the Obama re-election campaign...havent been able to co-berate that story yet tho so I cant say it is fact yet.

yea, its amazing that we have a dead person who this supposedly happened to whom no one can get his side of the story so the media is running with it and yet we have Obama telling lie after lie, provable lies, and the media and his supporters turn a blind eye.

Wrong. One of the four volunteered for Obama. One of the four was a registered independent, but served as a Republican County Chair. The gay claim was confirmed by his sisters.

That should be an easy link to find. Where is it?

Last edited:

That should be an easy link to find. Where is it?

Really? Does that counteract his own claim that he was gay?

That's the claim that Avatar4321 made. He's yet to provide a link to support it, so it smells like he just made it up. I can't find any family statement, other than quotes. Not a one has disputed anything factual in the Washington Post story.

Forum List

Back