Mitt Romney bullying story holds up to scrutiny

Oh really? The boy came out of the closet and that is why Mitt and his friends cut some hippie's hair? :doubt:

Mitt said being GAY was the farthest thing from his mind at the time... You all keep lying and claiming they chased him and cut his hair BECAUSE he was gay yet he came out of the closet to his family WHEN exactly...? The family who recalls absolutely nothing of the event which is undocumented by the school... :eusa_whistle:

Now this is just silly. The Washington Post can’t be bothered to worry about Barack Obama’s college years, college transcripts, communist friends, cocaine use, or cop-killing plotters in whose living room he first launched his major political career, but they can get in the really way back machine to 1965 and Mitt Romney’s high school years.

Mitt Romney cut a hippy’s hair at his preparatory high school. A day after Barack Obama caved on gay marriage, the Washington Post “coincidentally” says Mitt Romney cut the hair of a boy who “was perpetually teased for his nonconformity and presumed homosexuality

Let’s leave out the fact that the kid who got his haircut was subsequently thrown out of school for smoking one cigarette, but we’re to believe that the assailants of his hair, witnessed by many, were ignored. Oh, and the guy who got is hair cut never, ever, ever mentioned it, including to family, and died in 2004 so it can’t be verified. But a handful of students who now probably support Barack Obama have a crystal clear memory of events from 50 years ago. The people who were adults at the time of the incident and still alive have no memory of it, but remember Romney and said he was never a disciplinary problem.

Communists, Cop-Killers, and Cocaine: Why the Washington Post Focuses on Romney Instead | RedState

If Romney made fun of other students and led a visually impaired teacher into a door so he could laugh at the teacher, you can bet the hair cut wasn't "spur of the moment". I'm sure Romney tortured this kid daily. That's what bullies do.

Then you have six big guys, remember, these were 17 and 18 year old young men. They grab this scrawny kid and hold him down. I suspect "not gently" and then, the leaders comes after him with a pair of scissors and cuts his hair off. You know he wasn't "gentle". The kid was screaming for help. I suspect he was "terrified". Probably even worse than Mitt's dog.

Conservatives don't have empathy. They think that if this small scrawny kid can't fight off six big guys, then he MUST be weak.

You're correct. It wasn't spur of the moment. It was planned over a several day period.

I am not one to question Obama's birth certificate or even his college/post grad grades. Hell, I don't even wonder why he was made head of the law review, despite never publishing. He didn't while at U of C either, really weird, but not asking.

Now you all wish to rehash 'bullying,' which Obama already wrote about himself? The victim is dead, his family said that he'd oppose this being used politically. You all know better.

Careful what you wish for...

28obama.xlarge1.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/us/politics/28obama.html?_r=1

The eight dense volumes produced during his time in charge there — 2,083 pages in all — show the Review to have been a decidedly liberal institution, albeit one in transition as its focus on race and gender was contested by liberals and conservatives alike. Under his tenure, the Review published calls to expand the powers of women, African-Americans and the elderly to sue for discrimination.

But Obama, who this March referred to "identity politics" as "an enormous distraction," was not so easily pinned down. He published a searing attack on affirmative action, written by a former Reagan administration official. And when, in an unusual move, he selected a young woman from a non-Ivy League law school to fill one of the Review’s most prestigious slots, she produced an essay focused as much on individual responsibilities as on liberties, criticizing both conservative judges and feminist scholars.

"I was very surprised and honored to receive the invitation, of course, as I was teaching at Maryland Law School at the time, and the Foreword typically is extended to more established scholars at ‘top’ law schools," Robin West, now a professor and associate dean at Georgetown Law Center, wrote in an e-mail to Politico. While other articles are selected by the Review's editors as a group, the Foreword is solicited by a smaller band led by the Review's president.

Obama kept Law Review balanced

But an unsigned — and previously unattributed — 1990 article unearthed by Politico offers a glimpse at Obama's views on abortion policy and the law during his student days, and provides a rare addition to his body of work.

The six-page summary, tucked into the third volume of the year's Harvard Law Review, considers the charged, if peripheral, question of whether fetuses should be able to file lawsuits against their mothers. Obama's answer, like most courts': No. He wrote approvingly of an Illinois Supreme Court ruling that the unborn cannot sue their mothers for negligence, and he suggested that allowing fetuses to sue would violate the mother's rights and could, perversely, cause her to take more risks with her pregnancy.

The subject matter took Obama to the treacherous political landscape of reproductive rights, and - unlike many student authors - he dived eagerly into the policy implications of the court decision.

Exclusive: Obama's lost law review article - Ben Smith and Jeffrey Ressner

080822_obamalaw_smith.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly the reason Republicans aren't looking for "proof" of Obama's time at Harvard is because they don't want to know. They scream "show me show me" but with eyes closed. Obama had to petition the Hawaiian state legislature to get his long form. And even then Republicans called it a forgery and a lie and asked where the "real one" is. They hate him. He's black and they can't see past the color. Oh, excuse me, they refuse to see past the color.

I am not one to question Obama's birth certificate or even his college/post grad grades. Hell, I don't even wonder why he was made head of the law review, despite never publishing. He didn't while at U of C either, really weird, but not asking.

Now you all wish to rehash 'bullying,' which Obama already wrote about himself? The victim is dead, his family said that he'd oppose this being used politically. You all know better.

28obama.xlarge1.jpg

The eight dense volumes produced during his time in charge there — 2,083 pages in all — show the Review to have been a decidedly liberal institution, albeit one in transition as its focus on race and gender was contested by liberals and conservatives alike. Under his tenure, the Review published calls to expand the powers of women, African-Americans and the elderly to sue for discrimination.

But Obama, who this March referred to "identity politics" as "an enormous distraction," was not so easily pinned down. He published a searing attack on affirmative action, written by a former Reagan administration official. And when, in an unusual move, he selected a young woman from a non-Ivy League law school to fill one of the Review’s most prestigious slots, she produced an essay focused as much on individual responsibilities as on liberties, criticizing both conservative judges and feminist scholars.

"I was very surprised and honored to receive the invitation, of course, as I was teaching at Maryland Law School at the time, and the Foreword typically is extended to more established scholars at ‘top’ law schools," Robin West, now a professor and associate dean at Georgetown Law Center, wrote in an e-mail to Politico. While other articles are selected by the Review's editors as a group, the Foreword is solicited by a smaller band led by the Review's president.

But an unsigned — and previously unattributed — 1990 article unearthed by Politico offers a glimpse at Obama's views on abortion policy and the law during his student days, and provides a rare addition to his body of work.

The six-page summary, tucked into the third volume of the year's Harvard Law Review, considers the charged, if peripheral, question of whether fetuses should be able to file lawsuits against their mothers. Obama's answer, like most courts': No. He wrote approvingly of an Illinois Supreme Court ruling that the unborn cannot sue their mothers for negligence, and he suggested that allowing fetuses to sue would violate the mother's rights and could, perversely, cause her to take more risks with her pregnancy.

The subject matter took Obama to the treacherous political landscape of reproductive rights, and - unlike many student authors - he dived eagerly into the policy implications of the court decision.

Clearly the reason Republicans aren't looking for "proof" of Obama's time at Harvard is because they don't want to know. They scream "show me show me" but with eyes closed. Obama had to petition the Hawaiian state legislature to get his long form. And even then Republicans called it a forgery and a lie and asked where the "real one" is. They hate him. He's black and they can't see past the color. Oh, excuse me, they refuse to see past the color.

I could care less about his color or Romney's Mormonism. Both are irrelevant to qualities necessary in executive. Shove that nonsense.

Speaking of donors, I saw on the news that the majority of the 15 million that Obama got from Clooney's bash came from a lottery of "little people" like me who bought raffle tickets. A few were picked to go to the event and sit with the stars.

Look at the Koch brothers and others of that ilk giving millions. Romney isn't getting money from the Republican base. They don't have any. Many of them are on food stamps.

LOL! You got a link? Too funny.

Los Angeles event raises nearly $15 million for Obama campaign - latimes.com

An interesting analysis:

Commentary and full text on Obama's fundraiser behind the actor's LA house by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

A tired Obama goes through the motions in George Clooney'$ tent

By ANDREW MALCOLM
Posted 10:38 AM ET

Thursday was another big money day for Team Obama. He flew to Seattle in the morning for two fundraisers and then down to Los Angeles for one at the home of George Clooney, who is an actor.

California is the political ATM for both parties. According to campaign people, the Clooney fundraiser with about 150 people was a huge success because, they said, it raised about $15 million. Makes it look like once again Hollywood is 120% behind the Real Good Talker out of the Chicago machine.

As usual, the Obama accounts are misleading. The campaign has run into considerable donor resistance this time across the board. Obama has done more than twice the number of reelection fundraisers as Republican George W. Bush in 2004 and has less to show for it.

And the Obama super PAC run by Bill Burton, who wasn't good enough to become the White House press secretary, isn't exactly overflowing with cash either, even by keeping the tainted $1 million from Bill Maher, who is not an actor.

The truth is about half of the $15 million publicly attributed to the Clooney event came from the online raffle that saw two female donors end up in the back of the tent Thursday night with their husbands.

Team Obama was hoping to keep the celebrity dollar-power quiet. What if Mitt Romney's money folks started raffling tickets to sit at the dinner table of, say, Tom Selleck, who is an American icon and symbol of strong family values?

Obama's remarks (Scroll down for the full text) were pretty standard fundraiser fare with in-jokes to make organizers feel more connected to him. Traveling reporters noticed the president seemed very tired. He announced his campaign was going to be harder than 2008. No kidding! Now he has an actual record of non-accomplishment to answer for.

He made a couple of self-aggrandizing references to his support for same-sex marriages, forced by Joe Biden's uber gaffe on Meet the Press last Sunday.

Despite thousands of new regulations and a stagnant economy still, Obama claimed, "You won't find a bigger advocate for the free market than me." He admitted, "There's still so many people out there who are hurting." But that isn't his fault.

The Democrat actually sounded a rather plaintive note: "Bottom line is I still believe in the American people, and I still believe in you. And I hope you still believe in me."

28obama.xlarge1.jpg

I could care less about his color or Romney's Mormonism. Both are irrelevant to qualities necessary in executive. Shove that nonsense.

Hell, I don't even wonder why he was made head of the law review, despite never publishing. He didn't while at U of C either, really weird, but not asking.

You say you don't care and then tell a lie? Fuck you.

The family released a statement saying "the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family.”

Romney publicly apologized on Thursday for what he described as “hi jinks and pranks during high school,” and that he did not remember the specific incident, which happened back in 1965. The Republican said he certainly did not know Lauber was gay.
Did Romney Really Bully Gay Teen In High School?

The family released a statement saying "the portrayal of John is factually incorrect and we are aggrieved that he would be used to further a political agenda. There will be no more comments from the family.”

Romney publicly apologized on Thursday for what he described as “hi jinks and pranks during high school,” and that he did not remember the specific incident, which happened back in 1965. The Republican said he certainly did not know Lauber was gay.

Wow, an article claiming that the Post article was factually incorrect, and then fails to provide a single incorrect fact.

An interesting analysis:

Commentary and full text on Obama's fundraiser behind the actor's LA house by Andrew Malcolm - Investors.com

By ANDREW MALCOLM

Thursday was another big money day for Team Obama. He flew to Seattle in the morning for two fundraisers and then down to Los Angeles for one at the home of George Clooney, who is an actor.

California is the political ATM for both parties. According to campaign people, the Clooney fundraiser with about 150 people was a huge success because, they said, it raised about $15 million. Makes it look like once again Hollywood is 120% behind the Real Good Talker out of the Chicago machine.

As usual, the Obama accounts are misleading. The campaign has run into considerable donor resistance this time across the board. Obama has done more than twice the number of reelection fundraisers as Republican George W. Bush in 2004 and has less to show for it.

And the Obama super PAC run by Bill Burton, who wasn't good enough to become the White House press secretary, isn't exactly overflowing with cash either, even by keeping the tainted $1 million from Bill Maher, who is not an actor.

The truth is about half of the $15 million publicly attributed to the Clooney event came from the online raffle that saw two female donors end up in the back of the tent Thursday night with their husbands.

Team Obama was hoping to keep the celebrity dollar-power quiet. What if Mitt Romney's money folks started raffling tickets to sit at the dinner table of, say, Tom Selleck, who is an American icon and symbol of strong family values?

Obama's remarks (Scroll down for the full text) were pretty standard fundraiser fare with in-jokes to make organizers feel more connected to him. Traveling reporters noticed the president seemed very tired. He announced his campaign was going to be harder than 2008. No kidding! Now he has an actual record of non-accomplishment to answer for.

He made a couple of self-aggrandizing references to his support for same-sex marriages, forced by Joe Biden's uber gaffe on Meet the Press last Sunday.

Despite thousands of new regulations and a stagnant economy still, Obama claimed, "You won't find a bigger advocate for the free market than me." He admitted, "There's still so many people out there who are hurting." But that isn't his fault.

The Democrat actually sounded a rather plaintive note: "Bottom line is I still believe in the American people, and I still believe in you. And I hope you still believe in me."

Some liberals have been angry at Obama. They feel he hasn't stood up enough against the Republicans.

Let him die.

Applauding executions.

Feed the poor and they'll breed.

Being blackmailed into extending the Bush tax cuts (Republicans said they were going to cut unemployment for millions of Americans if he didn't sign. They could do that, he couldn't. I couldn't either. Republicans squat on the middle class.)

Education is for snobs.

Muslim, Marxist, man child, boi king, and so on.

Iraq

Republicans are the scumbag party and liberals feel Obama caved. According to Robert Draper's book, the very night of Obama inauguration, Republicans from both houses were meeting to plan his downfall. It's not just about Obama. It's about having a black president. He has to be destroyed so we will never have another black president. It's not like it's a secret. Republicans have said since day one, they want him destroyed. And they do. No matter what it does to the country.

From what you wrote earlier, you are a pretty awful person.

The other 5 guys have shown remorse from what they did. It doesn't surprise me that you don't get it. One guy said he ran into the kid they assaulted when in high school and he said it was difficult but he apologized. He said this guy told him he was terrified when they tackled him and held him down. He had no idea what they were going to do.

I know it sounds "fun" to you, but people like me and your kind will never get along.

An interesting analysis:

By ANDREW MALCOLM

Some liberals have been angry at Obama. They feel he hasn't stood up enough against the Republicans.

Let him die.

Applauding executions.

Feed the poor and they'll breed.

Being blackmailed into extending the Bush tax cuts (Republicans said they were going to cut unemployment for millions of Americans if he didn't sign. They could do that, he couldn't. I couldn't either. Republicans squat on the middle class.)

Education is for snobs.

Muslim, Marxist, man child, boi king, and so on.

Iraq

Republicans are the scumbag party and liberals feel Obama caved. According to Robert Draper's book, the very night of Obama inauguration, Republicans from both houses were meeting to plan his downfall. It's not just about Obama. It's about having a black president. He has to be destroyed so we will never have another black president. It's not like it's a secret. Republicans have said since day one, they want him destroyed. And they do. No matter what it does to the country.

yep, those liberals are racists too, according to deanie. We get it.

Christ.

If any one of us was to be judged by who we were and what we did in high school, we'd all be fucked and sent to hell.

Fuck.
Perhaps. But any of us are not presidential candidates. Romney is. And it's important that we learn as much about the character of someone who could be elected to such an important position.

Combined with what we already know about Romney, which is he's inclined to take advantage of and exploit those in weaker positions without concern for the consequences, the fact that he was capable as a teen-ager of organizing a cruelly bullying prank adds depth to the image that is forming.

Christ.

If any one of us was to be judged by who we were and what we did in high school, we'd all be fucked and sent to hell.

Fuck.

I'm 'thanking this' but the left here would most definitely liked my high school self. Full out Marxist. Go figure.

The fact that some of you are trying to stand by this false story is just plain evil. You are so desperate to keep Obama in power that you have to lie about a 50 year old story that is absolutely meaningless to the actual campaign issues.

I dont know how you people sleep at night.

Does your lack of integrity bother you in the slightest? Do you have any self respect whatsoever? Doesnt it bother you at all that you have to make up crap about Romney while you ignore Obama's much more grevious actions as a youth and adult? Hypocrites. You're lying about a dead man to attack Romney. Is there any depth you wont sink to?

Our President is spending Trillions of dollars we don't have. Our dollar is more and more worthless everyday. He has inflamed violence throughout the Middle East. Our food and energy expenses are higher than ever. Countless people have been out of work for long periods of time. They are struggling to get by. He's encouraged Occupy Wall street and other radical movements in the United States who are promising violence this summer in the United States. He associates with communists, terrorists, and people who openly call for the overthrow of our Republic. Heck, he's appointed quite a number of those people to his administration. He wants to make the American people work more for the government and less for themselves.

All of this is going on in our nation RIGHT NOW. and you are trying to harp on a phoney story for something that didnt happen 50 years ago. Are you freakin serious?

I hope you all repent before you destroy yourselves with your evil.

LOL, still with this 50 year old story

how funny:lol:

people need to shun the WashingtonCompost and NySlimes

Last edited:
This Romney story went to hell in a hand basket when they interviewed the guys sister (the guy died in 2004) and she said she knew nothing about this incident growing up (you figure a sister would know if her brother was being bullied in school)...especially the hair cutting part (Im certain a sister would recognize this). According to her this is not true.

She also said her brother wasn't gay. She said he'd be really upset if he were here and heard this story. Funny how they chose a victim who is no longer here and can't give his side. They can say whatever they want with their mysterious witnesses.

I heard that also, the claim that he was gay is supposedly false.

Several of the eye witnesses to this event are all politically active for the Democrats and one is supposedly working with the Obama re-election campaign...havent been able to co-berate that story yet tho so I cant say it is fact yet.

yea, its amazing that we have a dead person who this supposedly happened to whom no one can get his side of the story so the media is running with it and yet we have Obama telling lie after lie, provable lies, and the media and his supporters turn a blind eye.

Christ.

Fuck.
Perhaps. But any of us are not presidential candidates. Romney is. And it's important that we learn as much about the character of someone who could be elected to such an important position.

Combined with what we already know about Romney, which is he's inclined to take advantage of and exploit those in weaker positions without concern for the consequences, the fact that he was capable as a teen-ager of organizing a cruelly bullying prank adds depth to the image that is forming.

Let me ask you....what did you know about Obama before he was elected?
What we all thought was his life is turning out to be a big lie. One huge lie after another, fabricated to make him into something he is not.

This Romney story went to hell in a hand basket when they interviewed the guys sister (the guy died in 2004) and she said she knew nothing about this incident growing up (you figure a sister would know if her brother was being bullied in school)...especially the hair cutting part (Im certain a sister would recognize this). According to her this is not true.

She also said her brother wasn't gay. She said he'd be really upset if he were here and heard this story. Funny how they chose a victim who is no longer here and can't give his side. They can say whatever they want with their mysterious witnesses.

Several of the eye witnesses to this event are all politically active for the Democrats and one is supposedly working with the Obama re-election campaign...havent been able to co-berate that story yet tho so I cant say it is fact yet.

yea, its amazing that we have a dead person who this supposedly happened to whom no one can get his side of the story so the media is running with it and yet we have Obama telling lie after lie, provable lies, and the media and his supporters turn a blind eye.

Wrong. One of the four volunteered for Obama. One of the four was a registered independent, but served as a Republican County Chair. The gay claim was confirmed by his sisters.

Wrong. One of the four volunteered for Obama. One of the four was a registered independent, but served as a Republican County Chair. The gay claim was confirmed by his sisters.

:lol:...good gawd

Christ.

Fuck.

Let me ask you....what did you know about Obama before he was elected?
What we all thought was his life is turning out to be a big lie. One huge lie after another, fabricated to make him into something he is not.

According the right wingers, I heard quite a bit. He was a secret smoker. He went to a Madrassa. He wasn't born in the US. He was a Muslim. He was part of the Weather Underground. You know, lie after lie after lie.

OTOH, I learned he did some drugs as a teen. I learned that he was raised by his grandparents after his mother died. I heard he excelled in college and law school. I learned that he worked for religious organizations to do community organizing. I learned he taught Constitutional law at a prestegous law school. I learned he like poker.

Anything else?

I guess the Obama folks are trying to even the playing field. Americans already KNOW that Obama is a bully.

Speaking of which, can't wait to see what private investigators find out on Obama donors.

Speaking of donors, I saw on the news that the majority of the 15 million that Obama got from Clooney's bash came from a lottery of "little people" like me who bought raffle tickets. A few were picked to go to the event and sit with the stars.

Look at the Koch brothers and others of that ilk giving millions. Romney isn't getting money from the Republican base. They don't have any. Many of them are on food stamps.

Yea, the incumbent prostituting the office............good move Obama. He's also prostituting Mother's Day.......selling himself for a shout out to Mom. Such class he exhibits, so Presidential. :eek:

Forum List

Back