Missouri has a new law that makes fights in grade school a felony

Taking zero tolerance a bit too far

Charging a child with a felony?

What happened to not being old enough to tell right from wrong?
Amen to this. In my opinion, it would have to depend on the age of the kids involved and how far the fight goes.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

So you think putting someone as young as 16 and under into prison, where they will have Felony records and can never vote , can never own a gun, can never have a Federal or state job. All for a kids fighting.
Hmmm k. That will produce real good people of society .

Almost all kids get into some sort of fight at one time or another.
This makes it a POLICE STATE and Police nor the school should have to be the parents to kids.
This is why I say that it depends on how old the kids are and how bad the fights get. What you say here reminds me of another thing that needs to be considered...what should be done about kids who do not have parents when they are in the middle of this kind of picture?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Taking zero tolerance a bit too far

Charging a child with a felony?

What happened to not being old enough to tell right from wrong?
Amen to this. In my opinion, it would have to depend on the age of the kids involved and how far the fight goes.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

So you think putting someone as young as 16 and under into prison, where they will have Felony records and can never vote , can never own a gun, can never have a Federal or state job. All for a kids fighting.
Hmmm k. That will produce real good people of society .

Almost all kids get into some sort of fight at one time or another.
This makes it a POLICE STATE and Police nor the school should have to be the parents to kids.
This is why I say that it depends on how old the kids are and how bad the fights get. What you say here reminds me of another thing that needs to be considered...what should be done about kids who do not have parents when they are in the middle of this kind of picture?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

True,. We do have some parents who do expect the schools to be the parents and just ship them off to the babysitter 8 hrs a day.
Some kids are a handful and parents are at their last ropes wth to do with them, maybe a good scare tactic could scare them straight.

Luckily the system isn't clipped enough to send them right off the bat.

On January 1, 2017 a revised statute went into effect that changes the laws on what punishments can and should be handed out to children who have fights in school. Previously a child could be charged with a misdemeanor and released to their parents. Now they will get plugged into the school to prison pipeline just that much faster.

Missouri has a new law that makes fights in grade school a felony with up to 4 years of prison time

------------------------------------------------------------------

Way to go liberals you should all be proud of your pathetic selves for the police state you've created for your children. But it will keep those little kiddies so safe. Makes me want to puke at this stupidity.

You snow flake loons have just created a child that will never have a job and be a loser to society before they are 10

Liberals, huh? Republicans have a super majority in the Missouri State Legislature

Missouri House of Representatives - Wikipedia

Missouri Senate - Wikipedia

On January 1, 2017 a revised statute went into effect that changes the laws on what punishments can and should be handed out to children who have fights in school. Previously a child could be charged with a misdemeanor and released to their parents. Now they will get plugged into the school to prison pipeline just that much faster.

Missouri has a new law that makes fights in grade school a felony with up to 4 years of prison time

Way to go liberals you should all be proud of your pathetic selves for the police state you've created for your children. But it will keep those little kiddies so safe. Makes me want to puke at this stupidity.

You snow flake loons have just created a child that will never have a job and be a loser to society before they are 10

Liberals, huh? Republicans have a super majority in the Missouri State Legislature

since when aren't republicans like liberals. They both have the same minds and they are both controlled.
Both sides play the same game Duuuuhhhhh.

Do you think when ppl on here use that republican bs card it bothers me, hate to bust that bubble I'm neither Democrat nor republican. ---------------- So trying to lay it on a Republican ain't hurting my feelings.

Besides do you think " republicans only " agreed to have it passed I think not jack.

Lawyers should love this one. What parent isn't going to empty their wallet to keep this kind of shit off their kid's records and/or their asses out of jail.

Chaaaaaaa-CHING!!!
White kids in predominantly white schools don't get into fights and won't get into fights. Their parents would be the ones to hire lawyers.
It's the black and hispanic kids who get into fights. I guess it's the public defender full employment act.

Soon, running a stop sign will be considered a felony.

Lawyers should love this one. What parent isn't going to empty their wallet to keep this kind of shit off their kid's records and/or their asses out of jail.

Chaaaaaaa-CHING!!!
White kids in predominantly white schools don't get into fights and won't get into fights. Their parents would be the ones to hire lawyers.
It's the black and hispanic kids who get into fights. I guess it's the public defender full employment act.

There would definitely be a divide based on who has money to hire a lawyer. No question about that. Kids of all colors beat the snot out of each other though.

Um. You know that Missouri is Republican right?

The Governor is Republican. Eric Greitens - Wikipedia

The House is Republican by a wide margin.

And the Senate is Republican by a similarly wide margin.

How did the Liberals get in the door? The Liberals don't have enough political power to get the time of day entered into the official record.

Why not blame who is really at fault instead of just claiming it can't be the party you support that did something that stupid.

It was Republicans all the way down.

since when aren't republicans like liberals. They both have the same minds and they are both controlled.
Both sides play the same game Duuuuhhhhh.

Do you think when ppl on here use that republican bs card it bothers me, hate to bust that bubble I'm neither Democrat nor republican. ---------------- So trying to lay it on a Republican ain't hurting my feelings.

Besides do you think " republicans only " agreed to have it passed I think not jack.

The problem isn't that it's liberal. It is the Conservative law and order crap that has been the rule of thumb since Dukakis and the soft on crime crap of 1988.

Even "Liberal" Democrats rush out to offer their support for police in general every time they get the chance.

Liberals didn't pass it. Conservatives did. Blaming Liberals is possible only if you are slightly right of the Kaiser politically speaking. Then everyone else is liberal by comparison.

upload_2017-4-30_9-3-39.png

Those in favor of the law say it would be a deterrent, but I would think most kids would be unaware or not know how just fighting could be a felony.

It goes back to gun control.......a felony conviction ends your gun rights....it also screws up future employment..making it more likely you will become a democrat party ward....

The democrats are fighting an all out war.....they take no prisoners and even children are acceptable casualties...

It goes back to gun control.......a felony conviction ends your gun rights....it also screws up future employment..making it more likely you will become a democrat party ward....

The democrats are fighting an all out war.....they take no prisoners and even children are acceptable casualties...

Um. The Missouri State legislature is Republican and the Governor is Republican. How did the Democrats sneak this through? Did they pass it on a Sunday when the Republicans were in church? Did they trick the Governor into signing it by telling him it was an autograph request for the Make a Wish foundation?

You are aware that the law was passed by a GOP led legislature?

Missouri state govt is a majority GOP with a GOP governor, and you people scream "liberals" , how pathetically ignorant...

Last edited:
Missouri state govt is a majority GOP with a GOP governor, and you people scream "liberals" how pathetically ignorant...

The republican party is the stupid party, the democrat party is the totalitarian party.......the morons in the GOP didn't think this through...the democrats, knew exactly what this law does...

Missouri state govt is a majority GOP with a GOP governor, and you people scream "liberals" how pathetically ignorant...

The republican party is the stupid party, the democrat party is the totalitarian party.......the morons in the GOP didn't think this through...the democrats, knew exactly what this law does...

That has to be the absolute worst explanation I've ever read.

That has to be the absolute worst explanation I've ever read.

Nope......establisment republicans don't think past the next election.....democrats....plan years ahead...they gave Reagan his tax cuts...because it also gave them getting rid of tax shelters and deductions...they knew they could always raise taxes...but getting those deductions removed would be permanent....it took the left from the 1960s to today to capture the colleges and universities.....so, as David Horowitz put it....

republicans play politics, they win or lose elections and wait for the next one...democrats? They fight complete and total political warfare.....

Maybe this law is a little bit exaggerated! Little fights between kids are just normal, there's no need to see them as criminal acts :dunno:

Forum List

Back