Mission Impossible star Cruise vows to eat placenta after birth

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Tom Cruise is a nutjob.

TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission..to eat his new baby's placenta.

Cruise vowed he would tuck in straight after girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth, saying he thought it would be "very nutritious".

The Mission Impossible star, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." It is the latest in a series of increasingly strange outbursts from Cruise in the run-up to the birth.

He has claimed the baby, due any day, will be delivered in total silence.

The Top Gun star also insisted he "sensed" fiancŽe Katie was pregnant before she told him.

And he has blurted out details of the couple's sex life, saying: "It's spectacular."

Advertisement
Falk AdSolution

The actor, who recently also claimed he has the power to cure drug addicts, has even been carrying out his own medical scans on the foetus after buying himself an ultrasound machine.

more:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obj...&headline=exclusive--tom-chews-name_page.html

gop_jeff said:
I've heard of other cultures doing this as well. But seriously, what kind of nutcase eats an afterbirth?

7a0cfffe70.jpg

Placentophlagia

:puke: :puke3: :puke: :puke3:

So now he is into cannibalism...I suppose he will change his name to: Tom(Hannibal the Cannibal) Cruise! :terror:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/t...--i-ll-eat-my-baby-s-placenta--name_page.html

TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission ... to eat his new baby's placenta.

The Mission: Impossible star's pledge is another weird twist in the birth planned for his girlfriend Katie Holmes.

Cruise, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta."

Cruise, whose latest movie, Mission: Impossible III, is out soon, also insisted the silent birth dictated by his Scientology beliefs is for Katie's own good.

He said: "It is really about respecting the woman. It's not about her not screaming.

"Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology) discovered 50 years ago that during operations when someone's in pain, making noise has a negative spiritual effect on them.

"And scientifically it is proven out. Now there are medical research papers that say when a woman's giving birth everyone should be quiet."

The actor also revealed that he and former Dawson's Creek star Katie have been preparing for the big day by studying pregnancy and birth.

He said: "We've been studying what a woman goes through, what's the gestation period, what happens to the woman's body.

"We've been doing seminars with the family just to educate them, so that everyone in the family understands.

"The kids and even just friends and different people. It's just kind of becoming this fun game of learning."

Cruise, who adopted two children during his marriage to Nicole Kidman, has been with Katie for a year.

And the actor, who famously jumped up and down on Oprah Winfrey's show to celebrate his love for Katie, says he is blissfully happy and fulfilled.

He said: "Sex for me is about the connection. Great sex is a byproduct of a great relationship, where you have communication."

Cruise also revealed that their grand plans for a wedding may have to be scaled down because they will be too busy with the new baby.

He said: "We're looking at late summer, early fall. I always thought it was going to be like three days and a big party.

"But now I don't know, because all of our attention is on the baby."

Eating the placenta is practised in several parts of the world and there are recipes available to make it more palatable.

Some mothers eat placenta raw and believe there are health benefits, including helping to stop post-natal depression and helping the body recover from birth.

Rod Stewart and wife Penny Lancaster took their baby Alastair's placenta home and buried it in the back garden in a bizarre ceremony.

And former CHIPS star Eric Estrada had his baby's cord made into a necklace.

Abbey Normal said:
Anybody want to start a pool on how many years before little Cruise, Jr. is in therapy?

:afro:

I'd bet he is already in thearpy...probably will fight like hell to stay in the womb! and thanks abbey for the +...your box is full...no surprise!

Our cat ate her kittens' afterbirth. But our cat also regularly licked her own anal sphincter. :puke:

mom4 said:
Our cat ate her kittens' afterbirth. But our cat also regularly licked her own anal sphincter. :puke:

damn ya mean Tom is a butt licker too? :smoke:

Forum List

Back