Mission Impossible star Cruise vows to eat placenta after birth

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by dmp, Apr 18, 2006.

1. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Tom Cruise is a nutjob.

2. Darwins Friend

Darwins Friend Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jesus H. Christ - what a freak! :scratch:

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    Earth to Cruise... Earth to Cruise....... sorry, no reply.

4. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I've heard of other cultures doing this as well. But seriously, what kind of nutcase eats an afterbirth?

5. misterblu

misterblu Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    [​IMG]

Placentophlagia

:puke: :puke3: :puke: :puke3:

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
  7. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,787

negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

8. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So now he is into cannibalism...I suppose he will change his name to: Tom(Hannibal the Cannibal) Cruise! :terror:

9. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/t...--i-ll-eat-my-baby-s-placenta--name_page.html

TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission ... to eat his new baby's placenta.

The Mission: Impossible star's pledge is another weird twist in the birth planned for his girlfriend Katie Holmes.

Cruise, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta."

Cruise, whose latest movie, Mission: Impossible III, is out soon, also insisted the silent birth dictated by his Scientology beliefs is for Katie's own good.

He said: "It is really about respecting the woman. It's not about her not screaming.

"Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology) discovered 50 years ago that during operations when someone's in pain, making noise has a negative spiritual effect on them.

"And scientifically it is proven out. Now there are medical research papers that say when a woman's giving birth everyone should be quiet."

The actor also revealed that he and former Dawson's Creek star Katie have been preparing for the big day by studying pregnancy and birth.

He said: "We've been studying what a woman goes through, what's the gestation period, what happens to the woman's body.

"We've been doing seminars with the family just to educate them, so that everyone in the family understands.

"The kids and even just friends and different people. It's just kind of becoming this fun game of learning."

Cruise, who adopted two children during his marriage to Nicole Kidman, has been with Katie for a year.

And the actor, who famously jumped up and down on Oprah Winfrey's show to celebrate his love for Katie, says he is blissfully happy and fulfilled.

He said: "Sex for me is about the connection. Great sex is a byproduct of a great relationship, where you have communication."

Cruise also revealed that their grand plans for a wedding may have to be scaled down because they will be too busy with the new baby.

He said: "We're looking at late summer, early fall. I always thought it was going to be like three days and a big party.

"But now I don't know, because all of our attention is on the baby."

Eating the placenta is practised in several parts of the world and there are recipes available to make it more palatable.

Some mothers eat placenta raw and believe there are health benefits, including helping to stop post-natal depression and helping the body recover from birth.

Rod Stewart and wife Penny Lancaster took their baby Alastair's placenta home and buried it in the back garden in a bizarre ceremony.

And former CHIPS star Eric Estrada had his baby's cord made into a necklace.

10. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Wonder how it would turn out in the crock pot? Or is that crack-pot?