Misery index the highest in 28 years

The big part of the crash happened under Obama and a Dem congress, stop playing games. You don't get to blame Bush with his Republican congress for everything while claiming Obama saved what he could... Tell us all the amazing repeal Obama did of Bush policies that Bush created to destroy the system?

Go on, tell us.

Thing is they both did a crap job, along with the Rep and Dem congress… Obama failed with his stimulus and in order to salvage an otherwise wasted 800 billion (and 4 trillion from the fed lol) the new slogan is “Obama saved the US from a depression.” With insane logic like that Bush-bots can claim Bush saved the US from WWIII that would have surely ended due to nuclear war engulfing the planet… See, see how utterly ridiculous Obama-Bots sound?

Obama Made Things Worse.

The left regurgitating Boooossshhhh doesn't change this fact.

You regurgitating Romney's Obama made things worse talking point catchphrase doesn't make it a fact.

LOL, nice come back... SHow us where Obama made things better, and try and not compare where Obama failed to a possible depression if you can lol.

I thought if Obama went along with the Republican's tax cuts in December, as he DID, and then some,

everything would be better by now.

Wasn't that the GOP line? Wasn't that what big business was crying about? Oh, well, we're not hiring because of the uncertainty about taxes blah blah...

People generally don’t increase output in response to short-term provisions which is what the Obama-GOP tax deal was about. Surprise surprise! It didn't work (exactly as predicted). The case for lower tax rates is still valid. Take out the special-interest provisions and short-term garbage next time and the economy will get better.

lol, the NEW GOP talking point.

Why don't we just reduce all federal taxes to zero and, according to the dimwits around here, revenues will increase to infinity.
:lol::lol::lol:

Are you pretending to be stupid or are you really just that stupid?

People generally don’t increase output in response to short-term provisions which is what the Obama-GOP tax deal was about. Surprise surprise! It didn't work (exactly as predicted). The case for lower tax rates is still valid. Take out the special-interest provisions and short-term garbage next time and the economy will get better.

Why don't we just reduce all federal taxes to zero and, according to the dimwits around here, revenues will increase to infinity.

He's kinda like that... although I wouldn't necessarily use the word stupid. A bit thick maybe...

Obama Made Things Worse.

When Obama took office the economy was losing 700K per month.
GDP was contracting at 6%+ per annum.
The NYSE stood at about 7,000
And the financial system was in complete disarray.

Since then, the private sector of the economy has begun producing jobs again.
GDP has grown for five straight quarters.
The NYSE has increased over 50%.
And the financial system is stable.

What exactly are you talking about when you say Obama "made things worse"?

I thought if Obama went along with the Republican's tax cuts in December, as he DID, and then some,

everything would be better by now.

Wasn't that the GOP line? Wasn't that what big business was crying about? Oh, well, we're not hiring because of the uncertainty about taxes blah blah...

Then I need to get royalties from the GOP!

Just stating facts. If you want to give credit to the GOP, be my guest. Of course, the Democrats had a major problem with the Obama-GOP tax deal so I suppose it could also be their talking point. That's okay. I'll take royalties from either side. ;)

Obama Made Things Worse.

He spent close top 4 trillion dollars we do not have
ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/suppl/empsit.ceseeb1.txt
2008...... 136,790 114,281 21,334 767 7,162 13,406
2009...... 130,807 108,252 18,557 694 6,016 11,847

2010...... 129,818 107,337 17,755 705 5,526 11,524
we are 6 million jobs shy of 2008
The DJIA is up from the low of 6500 3/2009
thank you Tarp, the american tax payer and GWB
the financial system is stable, thank you tarp, tax payer and GWB

you where saying?

Then I need to get royalties from the GOP!

Just stating facts. If you want to give credit to the GOP, be my guest. Of course, the Democrats had a major problem with the Obama-GOP tax deal so I suppose it could also be their talking point. That's okay. I'll take royalties from either side. ;)

Do you relize who pays income taxes Libs?
the consumer
the person who earned it
Taking money from the consumer and giving it to a person who has done nothing to earn it does nothing for the country
there are some who deserve it, not all
when you take money from me, thats less welath I have to invest or to start a business with or build a new home, etc....

Obama Made Things Worse.

you where saying?

"He" didn't spend four trillion dollars. The automatic stabilizers kicked in, tax revenues plummeted and other countercyclical measures were extended. "He" is not responsible for all of those.

And now, you're crediting Bush for the stock market? Do you ever attempt to employ logical consistency?

At what rates would federal income taxes be too low?

you where saying?

"He" didn't spend four trillion dollars. The automatic stabilizers kicked in, tax revenues plummeted and other countercyclical measures were extended. "He" is not responsible for all of those.

And now, you're crediting Bush for the stock market? Do you ever attempt to employ logical consistency?

The deficit he has added alone is close to 3 trillion
Who would you give credit for the stock market to other than
the tax payer
GWB
and congress?

ever heard of tarp?
its part of that 3 trillion dollar deficit Obama is spending long after its intended use as GWB signed it into law was done and for the most part paid back

Now again who do you give the DJIA recovery credit to?

So the big thrust of this thread is that things are now as bad as they were in 1983, under Reagan.

Remember Reagan's big 1983 achievement?

His tax rate was way below where it was prior to him taking office
Carters inflation as well as 18% intrest rates where getting under control
what else?
creating jobs
1980...... 90,528 74,154 24,263 1,077 4,454 18,733
1981...... 91,289 75,109 24,118 1,180 4,304 18,634
1982...... 89,677 73,695 22,550 1,163 4,024 17,363
1983...... 90,280 74,269 22,110 997 4,065 17,048
1984...... 94,530 78,371 23,435 1,014 4,501 17,920

you where saying?

You don't read, do you? He didn't addd 3 trillion - revenues plummeted, automatic stabilizer expenses increased and some of them were extended. That explains most of the 4...nay, now you're calling it three trillion.

the tax payer
GWB
and congress?

Eh...let's start with this: Not congress, not GWB and not the taxpayer. How about: Investors? Capitalists?

You don't read, do you? He didn't addd 3 trillion - revenues plummeted, automatic stabilizer expenses increased and some of them were extended. That explains most of the 4...nay, now you're calling it three trillion.

the tax payer
GWB
and congress?

Eh...let's start with this: Not congress, not GWB and not the taxpayer. How about: Investors? Capitalists?

Son how old are you? do you have any idea what was going on in 2008?
where would you like to start?
where does GS end up?
ML
BAC?
without tarp there is no investing after October 2008
its the big one
AIG falls
GS falls
C falls
Merryl Lynch falls
BAC falls
are you on medication?
you really dont know what happenend in 2008/ just keep blaming GWB

So the big thrust of this thread is that things are now as bad as they were in 1983, under Reagan.

Remember Reagan's big 1983 achievement?

His tax rate was way below where it was prior to him taking office
Carters inflation as well as 18% intrest rates where getting under control
what else?
creating jobs
1980...... 90,528 74,154 24,263 1,077 4,454 18,733
1981...... 91,289 75,109 24,118 1,180 4,304 18,634
1982...... 89,677 73,695 22,550 1,163 4,024 17,363
1983...... 90,280 74,269 22,110 997 4,065 17,048
1984...... 94,530 78,371 23,435 1,014 4,501 17,920

You're blaming Carter for Reagan's 1983 problems??

interesting.

Son how old are you?

Old enough to know you're not smart enough to carry a conversation.

do you have any idea what was going on in 2008?

YEs.
where would you like to start?
where does GS end up?
ML
BAC?
without tarp there is no investing after October 2008
its the big one
AIG falls
GS falls
C falls
Merryl Lynch falls
BAC falls
are you on medication?

Oh, so I see what you're saying: You're not a capitalist afterall. Never have I seen a so-called conservative claim that the private economy is so dependent on the blessing of government. It's downright scary how you want the government to be hold the hand of the capitalist - unless that capitalist is an industry other than finance.

Let me let you in on a secret: The finance sector isn't your daddy.

Now stop acting like a condescending little fuck. I've forgotten more about "what happened in 2008" then you'll ever know...Oh, and where does GS end up? Right where it is - except in much better shape.

And I'm not blaming GWB. You still haven't figured that out, have ya? Well if you would actually read my posts once in awhile instead of being an uneducated talking point you might figure it out.

Last edited:
If a Republican was in there right now,you can bet the Hopey Changeys wouldn't be here making such pathetic excuses. Knowing them,they would probably be calling for Impeachment. "Hope & Change" has failed miserably. Time for some to wake up and accept this reality. They should just pretend a Republican is in there and then think about the Misery so many Americans are suffering. I'm not here calling for Impeachment but i wouldn't mind seeing some real change in 2012. I hope so anyway.

Forum List

Back