Misery index the highest in 28 years

Oh My bad , I dont know why I thought you said Carter (not enough coffee in me yet I guess).

What deregulation did Clinton do that lead to this?

Oh My bad , I dont know why I thought you said Carter (not enough coffee in me yet I guess).

I forget the details.
sorry.

Carter actually did pretty good.
He inherited a Whip Inflation Now and wage and price freeze situation from his predecessors. Nixon/Ford.

There are many to blame, but what are we going to do about it now? We need to cut spending (long overdue) and cut taxes (that's all we have left). Is Washington doing this? Nope. So expect a tough year. We'll see what happens in 2012 when the election gets closer.

Hmm, how about we start by canning congress, the genius's that invented the black hole. That is good business practice.

Are you saying you want to get rid of them now? Have you been talking to Peter Fonda again?

Yeah, today would be a good day to announce all their retirements.

That's not what he said... Obama and many of his supporters blame everything on Bush as to let Obama off the hook. At what point does bad news become something Obama was part of?

Do you agree every action has an equal reaction? Bush and his supporters get blamed for his actions and the following reactions. And seeing as the economy & financial centers would have collapsed without Obama intervention, how can blame Obama attempting to fix the mess Bush created?

I guess we could have let the whole thing go into the hole and drag the World down with us. Is that what you wanted to happened from the Party of No?

More BS. Congress is far more important to markets because it decides how to, and how much to, tax and spend. Ignorance is not an excuse anymore. I'm tired of trying to educate the willfully ignorant.
BULLSHIT! The president's veto pen is the most powerful because it requires a 2/3 majority IN EACH CHAMBER to override it.

Oh my. No, the President's veto pen is not the most powerful. Where did you learn the basics of government? Seriously.

Willful ignorance on your part again. Why am I not surprised?
Willful BULLSHIT on your part again. The president's veto pen is more powerful than even the filibuster!!!!

That's not what he said... Obama and many of his supporters blame everything on Bush as to let Obama off the hook. At what point does bad news become something Obama was part of?

Do you agree every action has an equal reaction? Bush and his supporters get blamed for his actions and the following reactions. And seeing as the economy & financial centers would have collapsed without Obama intervention, how can blame Obama attempting to fix the mess Bush created?

I guess we could have let the whole thing go into the hole and drag the World down with us. Is that what you wanted to happened from the Party of No?

I'm a democrat, and a very liberal democrat. I would have liked to see the inevitable results of the last 30 + years sooner, rather than later. It wouldn't be the poor jumping from high rise office buildings; we're already on the ground floor, and always knew how to survive hard times. The corrections in that case would have been more to the point, and I believe the recovery (and cost) would have been faster and more equitably spread.

The debt has what to do with todays events?
are we trying to say that the debt was really small when the GOP had congress?
and its gotten nutts sense the Dems took over in 2007?

From 83-08 we created 35-40 million jobs with a debt of about 7 billion
from 09-11 we have lost well over 1 million jobs and added 3-4 trillion to the debt
gas is 3.50-3.75 a gallon
intrest rates are low, but so are the value of your home
stock market is a mess

Why do you libs ignore today?

It was under his regime that the decidon NOT to regulate the derivative market was made, TM.

In fact the woman who was running the Commodities Regulations, the woman who quite accurately predicted that the derei9vatives games that the banks were playing were going to cause a MELTDOWN, GOT FIRED because she wouldn't go along to get along.

So blaming this entire mess of Bush II is sort of missing the point.

This MESS has deep DEREGULATION roots that go back through the last 5 administrations AT LEAST.

It was under his regime that the decidon NOT to regulate the derivative market was made, TM.

In fact the woman who was running the Commodities Regulations, the woman who quite accurately predicted that the derei9vatives games that the banks were playing were going to cause a MELTDOWN, GOT FIRED because she wouldn't go along to get along.

This MESS has deep DEREGULATION roots that go back through the last 5 administrations AT LEAST.

Let me be clear
de regulation did not create anything, greed did
but if you want to blame de regulation
GWB de regulated nothing
Bill Clinton and all of congress de regulated glass steagall
The event
This repeal directly contributed to the severity of the Financial crisis of 2007–2010 by allowing banks to gamble with their depositor's money.[4][5][6][7][8] Others argue that repealing the provisions had little impact on the financial system and even helped restore stability during the financial crisis.[9][10][11][12][13]

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...862JBQ&usg=AFQjCNGutdlxgE-DLOlJsykk9GfvoOy7gQ

Last edited:

yes yes yes..........

The big part of the crash happened under Obama and a Dem congress, stop playing games. You don't get to blame Bush with his Republican congress for everything while claiming Obama saved what he could... Tell us all the amazing repeal Obama did of Bush policies that Bush created to destroy the system?

Go on, tell us.

Thing is they both did a crap job, along with the Rep and Dem congress… Obama failed with his stimulus and in order to salvage an otherwise wasted 800 billion (and 4 trillion from the fed lol) the new slogan is “Obama saved the US from a depression.” With insane logic like that Bush-bots can claim Bush saved the US from WWIII that would have surely ended due to nuclear war engulfing the planet… See, see how utterly ridiculous Obama-Bots sound?

I'm a democrat, and a very liberal democrat. I would have liked to see the inevitable results of the last 30 + years sooner, rather than later. It wouldn't be the poor jumping from high rise office buildings; we're already on the ground floor, and always knew how to survive hard times. The corrections in that case would have been more to the point, and I believe the recovery (and cost) would have been faster and more equitably spread.

The true soul of the leftwing on display: jonesing for Evul Rich people to commit suicide.

The big part of the crash happened under Obama and a Dem congress, stop playing games. You don't get to blame Bush with his Republican congress for everything while claiming Obama saved what he could... Tell us all the amazing repeal Obama did of Bush policies that Bush created to destroy the system?

Go on, tell us.

Thing is they both did a crap job, along with the Rep and Dem congress… Obama failed with his stimulus and in order to salvage an otherwise wasted 800 billion (and 4 trillion from the fed lol) the new slogan is “Obama saved the US from a depression.” With insane logic like that Bush-bots can claim Bush saved the US from WWIII that would have surely ended due to nuclear war engulfing the planet… See, see how utterly ridiculous Obama-Bots sound?

Obama Made Things Worse.

The left regurgitating Boooossshhhh doesn't change this fact.

I don't think anybody needs a freakin' misery index to know everything's turned to shit. And pointing fingers don't solve nothing either. The truth is we got into this mess together and that's how we're going to have to get out of it. Problem is, we ain't exactly working well together right now, everybody is diametrically opposed to what the other party wants to do. We need one humongous national enema, so bend over and grab your ankles.

Go on, tell us.

Obama Made Things Worse.

Obama took alot of tax payers welath and did nothing but make liquid the UAW and the NEA for starters
At no time in GWB career can you point to him GIVING money away
Obama took wealth we had and wealth we did not have and did nothing to help our current place in life
It matters not if your a Liberal or a conservative, its a fact

Go on, tell us.

Obama Made Things Worse.

Obama took alot of tax payers welath and did nothing but make liquid the UAW and the NEA for starters
Obama took wealth we had and wealth we did not have and did nothing to help our current place in life

Didn't Bush do the Xbox check x2?

Go on, tell us.

Obama Made Things Worse.

You regurgitating Romney's Obama made things worse talking point catchphrase doesn't make it a fact.

I thought if Obama went along with the Republican's tax cuts in December, as he DID, and then some,

everything would be better by now.

Wasn't that the GOP line? Wasn't that what big business was crying about? Oh, well, we're not hiring because of the uncertainty about taxes blah blah...

People generally don’t increase output in response to short-term provisions which is what the Obama-GOP tax deal was about. Surprise surprise! It didn't work (exactly as predicted). The case for lower tax rates is still valid. Take out the special-interest provisions and short-term garbage next time and the economy will get better.

lol, the NEW GOP talking point.

Why don't we just reduce all federal taxes to zero and, according to the dimwits around here, revenues will increase to infinity.
:lol::lol::lol:

Go on, tell us.

Obama Made Things Worse.

Medicare Part D, signed by Bush, unfunded, is about half a trillion in a 'giveaway'.

'Liberating' Iraq, for free, was a trillion dollar giveaway to the Iraqi people.

Forum List

Back