Minority kids are stupid

That’s amazing... kudos to your daughter for doing an excellent job grooming our youth!

Sadly, that is the appropriate word when five year olds are learning the Gettysburg address and memorizing state capitols. "Grooming", not learning. Just memorizing and spewing, that's all. They cannot process that information. They do not understand how long ago one year was, let alone the Civil War. They do not understand how far away the next town is, let alone the next state.

Mac this is no remark on what kind of teacher your daughter is. She is probably having to teach in the iron grip of that Charter school and so it is. She is probably a phenomenal teacher. But that curriculum is not good for learning and ESPECIALLY not 21st century learning. I know that sounds like "liberal code buzz" or whatever but it's true. We don't need people who can memorize stuff that is meaningless to them.

We need people who can make meaning out of what was meaningless before. THAT take genius creativity. You don't get that by teaching five year olds the Gettysburg address.
Dont worry, they will process it LATER.

There is no guarantee of that, and you're wasting time and brain space doing things that LOOK impressive, but aren't. It's the academic equivalent of riding a unicycle. Looks impressive but is a trick. Really. It's a trick.

That's what I've heard, anyway.

Just got back from a program in the kindergarten class my older daughter teaches at a Charter school. A class in which they know cursive, can read books, and can do third grade math by the time the year is over. In kindergarten.

Anyway, they recited all the states and the state capitols, both as a group and individually; they answered questions on American history and geography; they recited the first part of the Gettysburg Address. And they did one mean bunny hop a couple of times in between.

This class is about 80% black or brown.

This class isn't about your skin color or how much money your parents have. It's about maintaining standards and expectations, giving kids pride in their own achievements, and holding them accountable for their actions.

I'll bet we all know this. Some just refuse to admit it.

The infamous intelligence bell curve strikes again.

The other is the smell of the grass and dirt of my HS football practice field on a brutally hot humid Labor Day when coach wasn’t pleased with the team’s effort, so at the end after running more gassers than normal he topped it off with a long session of up-downs. It’s the most exhaustive experience I’ve ever had and every time my chin neared the ground I smelled grass, dirt, sweat, and whatever unlike anything I had ever smelled before or after again in 4 years of practicing on that field.
My third one is the smell of the printouts from the memeograph machine.

You don't know jack.
You_7f6658_786391.jpg

Minority kids are stupid
Asshole
Lol, sarcasm for the win

Fuck you GI, the last words from a gook. The Gook did not know he lived in Zap City. Gook means enemy in Korean and I have never been to Korea but served three tours in Vietnam. The PAVN, Peoples Army of Vietnam aka NVA were deathly scared of the ROK Marines, ROK means Republic of Korea aka South Korea. Even the Mexican Navy was in Vietnam and they took no prisoners.

Last edited:
There is no guarantee of that, and you're wasting time and brain space doing things that LOOK impressive, but aren't. It's the academic equivalent of riding a unicycle. Looks impressive but is a trick. Really. It's a trick.

Probably a third of them will use it in real life.

All of them will use it with advantage to learning more easily later as they continue their education in regular schools or private schools.

No education is ever wasted if it teaches truthful things.

All of them will use it with advantage to learning more easily later as they continue their education in regular schools or private schools.

Listen, I'm a conservative. If conservatives ever REALLY want to take back the culture, we've got to get better at this. We've got to understand that don't make smarter conservatives by cramming their brains full of the Gettysburg address at five years old.

Really.

When God passed out brains, my girlfriend said she don't like trains.

That’s amazing... kudos to your daughter for doing an excellent job grooming our youth!

Sadly, that is the appropriate word when five year olds are learning the Gettysburg address and memorizing state capitols. "Grooming", not learning. Just memorizing and spewing, that's all. They cannot process that information. They do not understand how long ago one year was, let alone the Civil War. They do not understand how far away the next town is, let alone the next state.

Mac this is no remark on what kind of teacher your daughter is. She is probably having to teach in the iron grip of that Charter school and so it is. She is probably a phenomenal teacher. But that curriculum is not good for learning and ESPECIALLY not 21st century learning. I know that sounds like "liberal code buzz" or whatever but it's true. We don't need people who can memorize stuff that is meaningless to them.

We need people who can make meaning out of what was meaningless before. THAT take genius creativity. You don't get that by teaching five year olds the Gettysburg address.
I'm a little relieved that I'm not the only one left who thinks these kids are being pushed beyond their cognitive maturity.

I could be wrong, but some of what you're telling me sounds pretty unbelievable. And it certainly isn't because I don't believe students can learn.
They are not starting with average students though,, you know? And it sounds like the parents are intent on heavily investing in their childrens education.
No, I didn't know charter school kids aren't "average." I guess I do now.

I'm a little relieved that I'm not the only one left who thinks these kids are being pushed beyond their cognitive maturity.
It's not about what they are actually learning at that age. It's about teaching them how to learn.

It's about exercising their minds from different directions. Giving them lots of positive feedback. Constantly. Showing them they can do it.

That's the point. That's what this is all about. I would think that's huge.

Well it’s true. Republicans are telling whites they are an endangered species. Mexicans and Muslims are changing America for the worse.

And they use more than race to divide us. God guns and racism are the three ways rich republicans use to win over stupid middle class voters.
Don't forget to include all the liberals constantly attacking white people as being racist.
Biden’s not racist. Beto isn’t a racist
All democrats are racist. You lie.
I’m not. That’s how I know you’re misguided
BS, sure you are, you all are. And liars to boot.
You’re not?

Forum List

Back