Minimum Wage poll

Ideally, what percentage of workers should be working for the minimum wage?

• 0% - no minimum wage

• 10%

• 20%

• 30%

• 40%

• 50%

• 60%

• 70%

• 80%

• 90%

• 100% - everyone gets the same income.

Results are only viewable after voting.

So why the fuck does both places pay warehouse workers $12 bucks an hour?

I thought it was supposed to be more in a pro union state high minimum wage state?

It appears that a Right to work state low minimum wage state like Texas employers are less greedy by paying $4.75 more then minimum wage, while in Washington State they only pay $1 dollar more then minimum wage...

I thought according to liberals a rising tide rises all boats?

Warehouse Positions - 2nd Shift, $11 - $12/hr

Warehouse Positions - 2nd Shift, $11 - $12/hr (Fort Worth) hide this posting
00T0T_iaqOozFWF85_600x450.jpg

compensation: Minimum of $11.00 per hour
employment type: full-time

To be considered for employment, you must complete an online employment application (www.ttiinc.com).

**NO PHONE CALLS**

**RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED - MUST COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION**

TTI, Inc., has been a leading specialty distributor of electronic components for over 40 years. We currently have multiple openings in our climate controlled, fast paced distribution centers.

Minimum starting wage is $11.00 per hour (Additional shift premium for 2nd shift of .65 cents per hour. 2nd shift begins at 12:00 p.m.)

Pay increases at 90 and 360 days during the first year

Temperature Controlled Environment

Background & Drug Test required

High School Diploma or GED required

Recent warehouse experience preferred

Specific openings and shift/pay rates are listed on the website

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER

GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER (TACOMA) hide this posting
compensation: $12.00
employment type: full-time

General Warehouse Worker
Codel Entry Systems is looking for a General Warehouse Worker able to work various departments in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be eager and willing to work long hours if needed.
Job Duties
• Multiple warehouse related jobs such as Delivery Driver, machining doors and door frames, glazing doors, putting inventory away, loading trucks, Paint, Stain, etc.
Skills and Qualifications
• Must be familiar with hand tools, power tools, and MUST be able to read a tape measure
• Must be able to lift 75-100 lbs repeatedly
• Previous door shop experience desired, but not required
• Must have dependable transportation
• MUST be able to pass a drug test before being hired

Starting Wage $12.00/hr

So let's say I have a job that requires some training and experience. I've been with my company for about five years and worked my way up to $15.00 from $10.00 an hour. Now minimum wage gets set to $15.00 per hour. Do you think after my experience, training and time with my company, I'm going to now be working for minimum wage when prior, I was working for seven dollars more than minimum?

If minimum wage goes up a quarter or even fifty cents, it won't have that kind of impact. But if you double the minimum wage, it will.

You are dreaming in some fantasy land if they could afford to pay them $22 an hour now they would.

You are going to get soaked if you make $15 an hour now...you will make minimum wage

No, because if I demand $22.00 an hour, my employer has two choices: Pay me what I want which is the same distance from minimum wage I was working at before, or let me leave the company and hire somebody with no experience or training for $17.00 an hour, and eventually that person will work his or her way to the wage I'm now demanding.

My employer would have little choice. He could keep his investment in me, or start all over again with a new employee.

Demand it now, let's see where it gets you Ray..

( I really should tag my threads)

But if you search them their is this article about a Walmart maintenance guy making two bucks more, then when Walmart raised their wages he didn't get a raise...he now makes the minimum.

Then he's a dope for staying. Either that, or he really likes working for Walmart.

If I demand $22.00 an hour now with minimum wage as it is, of course my employer would not give it to me because he could replace me at a lower cost. If I'm an experienced tow motor driver with shipping and receiving experience making $15.00 an hour, my employer can replace me with somebody that has the same qualifications at that rate of pay. He could never do that if $15.00 an hour was the new minimum wage. Who would accept a job that requires that kind of experience for minimum wage whatever that may be? Because anybody with that kind of experience will not work for minimum wage.

He doesn't have the money..

That's irrelevant.

Your value as an employee is based on what your employer could pay somebody else to do the same job and same quality of work as you. That's all you're worth.

Put minimum wage aside for a moment. Let's say I'm working for a company for $15.00 an hour and demand a raise. My employer refuses, so I leave the company to work somewhere else.

If my employer replaces me at the same rate of pay, that's all my talent and labor was worth. If he has to pay somebody $17.00 an hour to replace me, I was being underpaid. If he can find somebody to do the job for $13.00 an hour, I was already overpaid.

This is why french fry makers don't make the same money as an engineer. You can teach anybody how to make french fries, but being an engineer takes years of education and even more years of experience. Therefore there are less workers that can do the job of an engineer than there are workers that can make french fries.

You are dreaming in some fantasy land if they could afford to pay them $22 an hour now they would.

You are going to get soaked if you make $15 an hour now...you will make minimum wage

No, because if I demand $22.00 an hour, my employer has two choices: Pay me what I want which is the same distance from minimum wage I was working at before, or let me leave the company and hire somebody with no experience or training for $17.00 an hour, and eventually that person will work his or her way to the wage I'm now demanding.

My employer would have little choice. He could keep his investment in me, or start all over again with a new employee.

But if you search them their is this article about a Walmart maintenance guy making two bucks more, then when Walmart raised their wages he didn't get a raise...he now makes the minimum.

Then he's a dope for staying. Either that, or he really likes working for Walmart.

If I demand $22.00 an hour now with minimum wage as it is, of course my employer would not give it to me because he could replace me at a lower cost. If I'm an experienced tow motor driver with shipping and receiving experience making $15.00 an hour, my employer can replace me with somebody that has the same qualifications at that rate of pay. He could never do that if $15.00 an hour was the new minimum wage. Who would accept a job that requires that kind of experience for minimum wage whatever that may be? Because anybody with that kind of experience will not work for minimum wage.

That's irrelevant.

Your value as an employee is based on what your employer could pay somebody else to do the same job and same quality of work as you. That's all you're worth.

Put minimum wage aside for a moment. Let's say I'm working for a company for $15.00 an hour and demand a raise. My employer refuses, so I leave the company to work somewhere else.

If my employer replaces me at the same rate of pay, that's all my talent and labor was worth. If he has to pay somebody $17.00 an hour to replace me, I was being underpaid. If he can find somebody to do the job for $13.00 an hour, I was already overpaid.

This is why french fry makers don't make the same money as an engineer. You can teach anybody how to make french fries, but being an engineer takes years of education and even more years of experience. Therefore there are less workers that can do the job of an engineer than there are workers that can make french fries.

It's economics/ profit margins , how will they pay you $10 bucks more if they don't have the money?

That's irrelevant.

It's economics/ profit margins , how will they pay you $10 bucks more if they don't have the money?

By increasing the cost of their service or product which reinforces my point.

When you increase wages for one group of people, all wages go up. They have to.

I'm a tractor-trailer driver with many years of experience. I have to pilot vehicles that weigh over 70,000 lbs through all weather conditions. It's very stressful. Driving is one of the top ten deadliest careers in the country; more dangerous than a police officer or fireman. I have to be careful driving on or off duty because you only have one license when you drive for a living, and that is a CDL.

I have to take random drug tests. I have to take a physical every year. If I get into a deadly accident that's my fault, I may end up in prison for several years. Now you tell me, WTF would I do such a stressful and dangerous job for three, four or five dollars an hour over minimum wage? That would be stupid. I'd rather make french fries where I don't have to deal with stress or weather conditions. I could get a regular license so I'm not held to CDL levels for alcohol consumption. And if I got into an accident with my car, I wouldn't have to worry about losing my job the next day.

That's irrelevant.

th

How the hell can they pay the minimum wage worker seven dollars more if they don't have the money?

*****SMILE*****

:)

That's irrelevant.

I'm a tractor-trailer driver with many years of experience. I have to pilot vehicles that weigh over 70,000 lbs through all weather conditions. It's very stressful. Driving is one of the top ten deadliest careers in the country; more dangerous than a police officer or fireman. I have to be careful driving on or off duty because you only have one license when you drive for a living, and that is a CDL.

I have to take random drug tests. I have to take a physical every year. If I get into a deadly accident that's my fault, I may end up in prison for several years. Now you tell me, WTF would I do such a stressful and dangerous job for three, four or five dollars an hour over minimum wage? That would be stupid. I'd rather make french fries where I don't have to deal with stress or weather conditions. I could get a regular license so I'm not held to CDL levels for alcohol consumption. And if I got into an accident with my car, I wouldn't have to worry about losing my job the next day.

Now you are figuring it out, like I always said if you raise minimum wage up to $25 an hour highly skilled people will just quit their jobs and go work at McDonald's.

Look how much teachers make , how much cops make how much CNAs make...

40% plus of US workers make $15 an hour or less.

They are not going to get a $10 dollar raise ...the only people who will are some Union workers because it's tied into their contract

Ideally.....minimum wage should be entry level beginning wage for those with no experience and everyone with experience and seniority with a company should make more based on those levels...…..but many companies don't/won't do that.

When I was still working for Walmart and minimum wage increased, we all got raises as well...…..but to counter those extra costs, everyone's hours were cut.

It's not that employers (larger corps) don't have the money, but it does cut into their profit margin and employees lose

That's irrelevant.

They just going to increase it to pay the bare minimum, they don't give a damn about you to make you happy .

Now you are figuring it out, like I always said if you raise minimum wage up to $25 an hour highly skilled people will just quit their jobs and go work at McDonald's.

Sure they would. But what does their industry do without their education and talent? They have to replace those workers, and they aren't going to do it by giving them minimum wage whatever that may be.

Ideally.....minimum wage should be entry level beginning wage for those with no experience and everyone with experience and seniority with a company should make more based on those levels...…..but many companies don't/won't do that.

When I was still working for Walmart and minimum wage increased, we all got raises as well...…..but to counter those extra costs, everyone's hours were cut.

It's not that employers (larger corps) don't have the money, but it does cut into their profit margin and employees lose

Hey but as Obama would say, now you have more time to take up finger painting.

Sure they would. But what does their industry do without their education and talent? They have to replace those workers, and they aren't going to do it by giving them minimum wage whatever that may be.

Automation.....

That's irrelevant.

They just going to increase it to pay the bare minimum, they don't give a damn about you to make you happy .

I never said they did. Most industries pay bare minimum now to get workers regardless of profession. But professional people will not do their jobs for the same rate as a garbage man.

Automation.....

Yep, as I stated in my earlier comment.

if you raise minimum wage up to $25 an hour highly skilled people will just quit their jobs and go work at McDonald's.

but if those already making $25 per hour don't get an adequate raise to keep up with the income rates.....then everyone would be making the same amount regardless of experience or seniority...….isn't that Communism or Socialism or something?

if you raise minimum wage up to $25 an hour highly skilled people will just quit their jobs and go work at McDonald's.

but if those already making $25 per hour don't get an adequate raise to keep up with the income rates.....then everyone would be making the same amount regardless of experience or seniority...….isn't that Communism or Socialism or something?

Exactly see my first post...this is the game they don't want us to figure out...but I have over the years.

Automation.....

Yep, as I stated in my earlier comment.

Ok how much of a raise did you get the last three times minimum wage was raised?

(What was it $5 to 7.25 over three years)

I didn't get a thing but I was making way over minimum wage.

Exactly see my first post...this is the game they don't want us to figure out...but I have over the years.

BUT a janitor or burger flipper in the same job for 20 years still should not make the same as a doctor or lawyer or mechanic or plumber just starting out either...….

BUT a janitor or burger flipper in the same job for 20 years still should not make the same as a doctor or lawyer or mechanic or plumber just starting out either...….

They don't, untill the government artificialy rases the wage...

See that's the thing some one busts their ass makes $8 bucks an hour over minimum wage....then the government comes in and boosts minimum wage up $8 bucks an hour...

Not much a person can do unless he is part of a Union or quits to go to another job.

They don't, untill the government artificialy rases the wage...

See that's the thing some one busts their ass makes $8 bucks an hour over minimum wage....then the government comes in and boosts minimum wage up $8 bucks an hour...

Not much a person can do unless he is part of a Union or quits to go to another job.

IDK, just doesn't sound good all around.....when everything just keeps going up, with no end in site....it can't be good for the people or the country.

Forum List

Back