Minimum Wage Increase: They Never Talks About the SALES

Yup, and they can afford to pay a worker a survivable wage. .

thats why 10,000 businesses go bankrupt every month!! We need mandated higher wages to lose another 30 million jobs to China and India!!

You cant even imagine being dumber than a liberal and yet our country in in the hands of liberals.

And yet they beat the conservatives. Damn the bad luck.

We sure will, unless we're teenagers finding it harder every year to enter the job force. And the wealthy will be just fine, don't worry about them. They're going to make sure you don't get a chance at what they've earned. If it means shutting down a business and putting hundreds out of work, they'll do it, so your revenge fantasies will remain just that, fantasies.

Don't eat at McDonalds. That'll show those evil workers. Problem solved. You're welcome.
Wait, isn't it against the law, and stuff, to deprive workers of work to do, and stuff? Next thing you know, people will be mad at the rich for not spreading the wealth around, and stuff.

Yes, it's all the 'Evil Workers' fault. They should just shut up and be happy being slaves. If only they would, the world would be a much better place. All of our problems would disappear. Shame on em!

Yeah, you greedy hateful white Republican dudes really do need to check yourselves. Your hate & greed has driven you mad. :cuckoo:
Just preparing you for real life, where it isn't fair and you don't get do-overs just because you want them. Where the rich guy gets to stay rich no matter how much you hate him and want to take it all away from him.

Yup, and they can afford to pay a worker a survivable wage. That's what i've been saying.
Irrelevant.

If I wish to accept wages below the level YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) deem proper, upon what moral authority do YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) declare it illegal for me to accept such wages? Upon what moral authority do YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) deny someone else my services? Upon what moral authority do YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) deny me that employment?

Upon what moral authority do YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) decide for OTHERS what their work (either offered or performed) is worth?

Upon what moral authority do YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) decide for OTHERS what their work (either offered or performed) is worth?

not only does the liberal decide but he intervenes at the point of a gun in 1000 different ways to interfere with free economic transactions.

Don't eat at McDonalds. That'll show those evil workers. Problem solved. You're welcome.
Wait, isn't it against the law, and stuff, to deprive workers of work to do, and stuff? Next thing you know, people will be mad at the rich for not spreading the wealth around, and stuff.

Yes, it's all the 'Evil Workers' fault. They should just shut up and be happy being slaves. If only they would, the world would be a much better place. All of our problems would disappear. Shame on em!

Yeah, you greedy hateful white Republican dudes really do need to check yourselves. Your hate & greed has driven you mad. :cuckoo:
Just preparing you for real life, where it isn't fair and you don't get do-overs just because you want them. Where the rich guy gets to stay rich no matter how much you hate him and want to take it all away from him.

Yup, and they can afford to pay a worker a survivable wage. That's what i've been saying.
Irrelevant.

If I wish to accept wages below the level YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) deem proper, upon what moral authority do YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) declare it illegal for me to accept such wages? Upon what moral authority do YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) deny someone else my services? Upon what moral authority do YOU (and/or YOUR proxy) deny me that employment?

paulitician - I realize you don't actually read the posts on here, but I wonder how you would honestly respond to this. I mean, what if an employer and an employee conspired and agreed to an under-the-table arrangement for less than minimum wage. Who should be punished? Both of them? Just the employer? It takes two to tango, eh?

We sure will, unless we're teenagers finding it harder every year to enter the job force. And the wealthy will be just fine, don't worry about them. They're going to make sure you don't get a chance at what they've earned. If it means shutting down a business and putting hundreds out of work, they'll do it, so your revenge fantasies will remain just that, fantasies.

Not necessarily with the same workforce. They're not stupid, that's how they got wealthy in the first place. You're just not going to get their wealth, no matter how much you want it. Make something too expensive, and they'll find an alternative.

I haven't followed the thread for a while but this morning on the Seattle news there's a problem. Many minimum wage employees are near hysteria because the pay raise puts them over the limit for government subsidies. Many are asking for reduced hours since they'll loose EBT, housing and support bennies.

Should we laugh or cry?

Ha, more wishful thinking from angry greedy white Republican dudes. Paying workers a survivable wage just burns their ass. And they probably call themselves 'Good Christians.' It's time for them to truly study Jesus' teachings. Hate & greed isn't the way to heaven. Hopefully, they'll come to realize that.
Well, I'm not a Republican, fat or religious. How much stupidity can you condense into a few short words?

They got a raise, now they're bitching about the increased income. FAIL.

Ha, y'all greedy white folks are once again making a mountain out of a mole hill. Some will complain, but most will be grateful. You guys really are pathetic. Hoping fellow Americans lose their jobs and make shittier wages? Man, y'all angry greedy white dudes really do need to check yourselves. You've lost it. :cuckoo:

Not necessarily with the same workforce. They're not stupid, that's how they got wealthy in the first place. You're just not going to get their wealth, no matter how much you want it. Make something too expensive, and they'll find an alternative.

That's another thing that I find funny.

The average person will drive 10 minutes out of their way to find a store selling something cheaper. People will order products on-line from the Netherlands (I have done this), to buy a product for $20 less. People clip coupons, and follow the sales, and we have dozens of web sites on the Internet to find the cheapest goods. We compare prices with Google, Amazon, and Ebay, to get want we wont, at a fraction of the retail cost.

Then these exact same people, go into magic faerie land, and believe that labor can drive up cost, and the employers will never look around for the cheaper deal too.

Why are all the new car plants being built in cheaper, non-union south instead of Detroit? I just don't understand. It's so bizarre. We drove up our wages, got our Union contracts, and it's almost like all the car companies are comparing labor prices... just like we do prices.... and making the choice for cheaper alternatives.... How can that possibly be? I don't get it.....

Come on people.... this isn't rocket science. You don't need a degree in economics to figure this out. You sure don't when it's you buying stuff. Why can't you translate that to business? It works exactly the same.

thats why 10,000 businesses go bankrupt every month!! We need mandated higher wages to lose another 30 million jobs to China and India!!

You cant even imagine being dumber than a liberal and yet our country in in the hands of liberals.

Oh man, do i need to explain it again to you greedy fat white Republican wankas? Businesses go under all the time in America for various numerous reasons. But Minimum Wage isn't one of those reasons. When a business goes under, it's on the Business Owner. It's not on the workers. You fail, take responsibility. Don't blame others.

My God, just look at the restaurant business alone. Most only pay their servers and bartenders $2.50-$3.00 an hour. Yet hundreds if not thousands of restaurants go under every year. They failed because their owners failed. It had nothing to do with the Minimum Wage, because they didn't even pay a Minimum Wage. When a business fails, the owners have to take responsibility. It failed because of them. It is what it is.

'Conservatives' = Fat Greedy Angry White Republican Dudes

America is catching on.

Oh man, do i need to explain it again to you greedy fat white Republican wankas? Businesses go under all the time in America for various numerous reasons. But Minimum Wage isn't one of those reasons. When a business goes under, it's on the Business Owner. It's not on the workers. You fail, take responsibility. Don't blame others.

My God, just look at the restaurant business alone. Most only pay their servers and bartenders $2.50-$3.00 an hour. Yet hundreds if not thousands of restaurants go under every year. They failed because their owners failed. It had nothing to do with the Minimum Wage, because they didn't even pay a Minimum Wage. When a business fails, the owners have to take responsibility. It failed because of them. It is what it is.
What you consistently fail to take into account is what happens when you double a company's labor cost. If you bump it by 5%, the company might be able to absorb it with some minor increases in prices and maybe cutting a few employees' hours. Double it, like going from 7$/hr to %15/hr, and you have a different outcome. You keep saying "MW doesn't kill business", then argue that the MW can be safely increased. Fine, raise it to $100/hr then.

Let's put it this way. 42% of American workers earn less than $15/hr, and 62% earn less than $20/hr. Realistically, all of those workers are going to demand a raise of some kind when the MW goes to $15/hr. That means that over half the work force will either get a raise, quit, or work under protest. Sure, doubling the MW won't have any effect at all.

I haven't followed the thread for a while but this morning on the Seattle news there's a problem. Many minimum wage employees are near hysteria because the pay raise puts them over the limit for government subsidies. Many are asking for reduced hours since they'll loose EBT, housing and support bennies.

Should we laugh or cry?

Ha, more wishful thinking from angry greedy white Republican dudes. Paying workers a survivable wage just burns their ass. And they probably call themselves 'Good Christians.' It's time for them to truly study Jesus' teachings. Hate & greed isn't the way to heaven. Hopefully, they'll come to realize that.
Well, I'm not a Republican, fat or religious. How much stupidity can you condense into a few short words?

They got a raise, now they're bitching about the increased income. FAIL.

Ha, y'all greedy white folks are once again making a mountain out of a mole hill. Some will complain, but most will be grateful. You guys really are pathetic. Hoping fellow Americans lose their jobs and make shittier wages? Man, y'all angry greedy white dudes really do need to check yourselves. You've lost it. :cuckoo:

'Conservatives' = Fat Greedy Angry White Republican Dudes

America is catching on.
'Liberals' = Fat Greedy Angry White Democrat Dudes

America is catching on.
Funny how that's literally more true in the opposite direction.

What you consistently fail to take into account is what happens when you double a company's labor cost. If you bump it by 5%, the company might be able to absorb it with some minor increases in prices and maybe cutting a few employees' hours. Double it, like going from 7$/hr to %15/hr, and you have a different outcome. You keep saying "MW doesn't kill business", then argue that the MW can be safely increased. Fine, raise it to $100/hr then.

Let's put it this way. 42% of American workers earn less than $15/hr, and 62% earn less than $20/hr. Realistically, all of those workers are going to demand a raise of some kind when the MW goes to $15/hr. That means that over half the work force will either get a raise, quit, or work under protest. Sure, doubling the MW won't have any effect at all.

How do you explain hundreds of restaurants going out of business every year? Most pay their workers a preposterous $2.50-$3.00 an hour. Treat their workers like beaten down old dogs. If a restaurant business goes under, it's on the owners. It's not the workers' fault. You guys just need to move away from that 'It's always the Workers' fault' mentality. Your business fails, it's on you. No one else.

Last edited:

It's the Law. Get over it.

How do you explain hundreds of restaurants going out of business every year? Most pay their workers a preposterous $2.50-$3.00 an hour. Treat their workers like beaten down old dogs. If a restaurant business goes under, it's on the owners. It's not the workers' fault. You guys just need to move away from that 'It's always the Workers' fault' mentality. Your business fails, it's on you. No one else.
They pay the waitstaff like that because the waitstaff earn tips. Next.

Right, the customers pay them. The owners don't pay them shit. They pay them an absurd $2.50-$3.00 an hour. So why are so many of them going out of business? I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

It's the Law. Get over it.
So was slavery. We didn't get over it--despite the efforts of fat greedy Democrat dudes.

Right, the customers pay them. The owners don't pay them shit. They pay them an absurd $2.50-$3.00 an hour. So why are so many of them going out of business? I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

Forum List

Back